«New» objects in our solar system?

heka2015

Astronomers have encountered two puzzling new objects with the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA).

The first was sighted in the Alpha-Centauri-System,
but evidence states it is not part of it:

Source arxiv.org
firstobject.jpg

Ther were unknown until now. (but predicted if i may add LINK 1)

Like always, when it's the real thing, those informations are encrypted in scientific papers, so the GDP won't be aware of it.

This time to, my surprise, FORBES posted it.
Astronomers Find New Object, Possible Super-Earth In Our Solar System
At least one of them.

For possible explanations the Astronomers mention:

-a dwarf planet with a distance of less than 100 AU from the sun with the size aprox. 1000 km (divide by 1.6 if you want the miles) like the TNO (Trans-Neptunian Object) SEDNA.

- a Super-Earth about 300 AU of distance.

- a brown dwarf at a distance of about 20000 AU as a stellar companion to our sun.

The second one, also discovered and not really mentioned for GDP awareness is the following:

OBJECT „Gna“
Source arxiv.org
second object.jpg

It's moving fast and it is a single object.

Distance is about 12-25 AU

Size 220-880 Kilometers (divide by 1.6 for miles)

That would fall into the TNO as well.

But same story as before:

- It could be planet size (whatever that means for them, i guess they try to say earth size) but this means it is about 4000 AU away and not gravitationally bound.

- OR it could be away 0.3 parsec (roughly a light year) and a variable star.

There is no malfunction in the telescope, guaranteed.

heka2015

Direct e-mail answer from the swedish scientist about OBJECT "GNA"

Re: questions on discovery of Gna
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2015 12:13:19 +0000
To: XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXX

Hi,

I think I have to disappoint you on many counts.
We only announced, intended to colleagues only, the discovery of something that could be a nearby, few hundred km sized icy body. These are, at these distances (12-25 AU) not easily visible, certainly not with an amateur telescope. Colleagues estimate as many as few tens of thousands of such objects (>50 km) of which only almost 2000 are known so far (few discovered as long ago as you mentioned, many not; often due to pure luck; I suggest you check the publications based on the WISE satellite data). But we don't know what it is and asked for professional feedback. As of yet, no more convincing hypothesis has been suggested and further observations will need to decide if it is after all unknown artifact in the data.
The 87 arcsec/yr is, for those who read the paper, the extrapolated proper motion if it would be at large distance without parallax. The number is a reference to rule out anything too distant. Closer objects have a component of the parallax describing a large ellipse of the sky as detailed in the paper.

Best,
Wouter

heka2015

I didn't want to imply that i wrote the mail.

Sorry if it looks like i did write this e-mail asking him.
I did not!!

This is just his response to an email somebody wrote.

Yeah, might be a good idea opening your own thread on this topic, referencing with a link to this thread so they know what you are talking about.
This way it would be in the right place and people interested could comment?
Just a thought.