‘Bigfoot’ Caught Stealing From a Boat in Central Oregon

Paranormalis

Think outside the mind
PAULINA LAKE, Ore.– A man in Oregon claims he had a close encounter with a Bigfoot creature that was going “through stuff” on a boat and that he followed it to the woods.

Steve says he was staying at a campground located next to a lake in central Oregon with two friends when the event took place last summer.

“It was me, a friend of mine and his wife, they have a big motor home and I have a big boat. My job is obviously taking care of the boat and you can’t really pull it out on the shore line, you gotta kind of like anchor it out in the lake, facing in to the wind, cause the wind picks up in the evening and you don’t want it rock around on the rocky shore,” he told Cryptologic radio host Shane Corso.

“Everybody there has these aluminum boats…most people go trout fishing early morning, but we go Kokanee fishing which is all day long so we don’t have to get up early, so therefore we stay up later than most.”

According to the man, it was around 10.30 p.m. when he went to out to the lake in order to check out the boat before retiring to bed. That particular night, he says, there was a full moon and a blue sky, and that “you could see everything everywhere”.

“So they go in the motor home, and I say ‘alright, I’m gonna go walk over and check on the boat, make sure the anchors didn’t blow free’. So I walk over to the edge of the thing, I was wearing a dark jogging suit, so I was pretty dark fit. Walk underneath this tree and looking out across the lake and there’s my boat out there, everything is good, the rear anchors are tied to the tree, so I go ‘looks good to me’, so I started to turn to the right and go back to camp and…something caught me on my left eye and I looked down and someone had taken a little aluminum boat and pulled it out on the bank, right underneath my anchor rope, and the reason why they did that is because there was a big flat rock in the water,” he explains.

As he looks closer, Steve figures someone is simply getting some “stuff out of their boat”, but upon further inspection, he notices something isn’t right.

“I’m at the most 15 feet away and down at a little bit of an angle. At the time I was ready to start turning back…he turned real quick and looked straight out of the hill at me, and as soon as he saw me, he looked back straight down, took his hands off the boat, stepped backwards, stepped closer towards me, crouching down on the shoreline, and took his forearm, and laid the left one across the left knee and the right one across the right knee, and he is sitting there and looking to the left and looking to the right. I thought ‘that’s odd, maybe someone is going along here trying to get someone’s stuff out of the boat’. I almost thought about going down and saying ‘Hey buddy what are you doing?’ you know? and I’m standing there Im thinking ‘what shoudl I do next?’

Paulina Lake. Credit: Sandy Brown Jensen CC BY 2.0

It was at that moment that the alleged creature stood up after noticing the witness.

“I can see it looking at me, I can see the moonlight bouncing off of its eyes, reflectling, and it was as if it was blinking at me! It was blinking like four or five times, totally motionless, standing there, looking at me. Then as I was looking at this thing, we are just kind of trying to figure each other out,” he recalls.

Steve described the animal as being 6 feet tall, earless and with a cone-shaped head that “didn’t look like a person’s”.

“I can see the moonlight reflecting off of its forehead, I knew there wasn’t any hair, you could see the oil on the skin, and the same thing about the cheeks. The cheeks kind of stuck out a little bit, and because of them sticking out and that forehead, the eyes kind of looked like they were back in its head.”

As opposed to most Bigfoot encounters, this creature didn’t exhibit big shoulders or long hanging arms.

“It was just kind of like a person standing there, very relaxed,” says Steve.

And after a 10-second staring contest, the cryptid began walking away from the witness, little by little. Then, he recalls, it took out running.

“It didn’t make a sound until it got down on all fours, and that’s when it started to breath really heavy, really aggressive like. It went 40 feet, and there were some bigger rocks, it raised its arms up and tried to balance itself through, and there was a tree, it put its left hand on the trunk of that tree, hopped both legs over the right of this thing and jumped over like it was nothing. Like it did it every day. It ran the whole length of the shoreline, out of the campground. You are never gonna outrun this thing, you are never gonna catch it.”

When the animal reportedly reached the edge of the woods, it abruptly stopped running, stood up, looked back in the witness’ direction, and began walking “out on two legs”.

“Like it was no big deal,” he says. “The minute I saw that thing hit the woods, I took out running, I don’t know why, I took out running for the picnic table where we had the camcorder, I grabbed it, got a map light, but it was already at the tree line walking, 250 yards away.”

But he realized the possible dangers involved in getting any closer to the purported cryptid and decided to give up and went back to the campground.

To this day, says Steve, he is sure that what he saw was not a person or a bear.

“What was that? Where did it come from? You expect to see stuff like that out in the woods, somewhere hunting, in some canyon somewhere, not in the middle of a youth campground. I think about it every day, I was never really a believer in Bigfoot, I’ve been all over the place…and here I come to this lake, and I see this thing 15 feet from me. I still see it in my head every time I talk about it, every time I go to sleep, I see this thing. Absolutely no way this could have been a bear, you know?”

Paulina Lake has a maximum depth of 250 feet and is part of the Newberry Crater in the Deschutes National Forest.

The post ‘Bigfoot’ Caught Stealing From a Boat in Central Oregon appeared first on Cryptozoology News.