‘Werewolf’ Skull Photographed in Eastern Europe

Paranormalis

Think outside the mind
NOVO SELO STIPSKO, Macedonia– A man shared a photograph late Sunday of an unidentified animal skull reportedly found near the Macedonia Stip that some locals are claiming belongs to a “werewolf”.

Filip Ganov, a Bulgarian student from Sofia, says he was doing research for his book about the Balkan Wars when he came across a farmer named Trayche in the small town of Novo Selo, a small village in the Stip municipality of Macedonia.

“He told me about crazy people turning into werewolves, but he didn’t seem to have any deep belief in it,” he told Cryptozoology News in an exclusive interview.

“He claimed to have found a box, chained shut, containing a werewolf while plowing a new section of field,” Ganov explains.

An unidentified animal skull lays inside a wooden box adorned with Cyrillic script. Credit: Filip Garnov.

The picture shows a wooden box containing an unidentified animal skull remarkably similar to that of a baboon’s.

“I’m not educated in animals so I do not know. Looked like a small wolf or dog with something wrong. The farmer was just was excited to show me.”

“I did not touch the skull,” explains Ganov.

The photographer reportedly took the images to a government wildlife official who told him the skull probably belonged to a wolf suffering from Paget’s disease, a chronic disorder associated with enlarged bones in vertebrates.

“It wasn’t long ago people or animals with malformations were thought to be demon possessed. So, it is not unusual that a wolf with bone disease would be labeled as a werewolf,” he said.

Farmer Trayche holds the “werewolf” skull as Ganov snaps a closer picture. Credit: Filip Ganov.

Werewolves, also known as Varkolak, are a recurring theme in the folklore of every region of Eastern Europe.

“They are all similar. That’s a rough translation. It looks like old, or bad spelling in Russian,” the student clarified.

At present, Ganov is a “student in the United States and Hungary” and is currently working on the Walkan Wars book that originally led him to the strange finding.

A young woman walks across an old bridge in the small village of Novo Selo. Credit: Filip Ganov.

The post ‘Werewolf’ Skull Photographed in Eastern Europe appeared first on Cryptozoology News.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Are eye sockets supposed to be hollow, not solid? They should do forensics on it and build it up.