1915 Disappearing Soldiers

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
111.jpg

"Three soldiers claimed to be witnesses to the bizarre disappearance of an entire battalion in 1915. They finally came forward with the strange story 50 years after the infamous Gallipoli campaign of WWI. The three members of a New Zealand field company said they watched from a clear vantage point as a battalion of the Royal Norfolk Regiment marched up a hillside in Suvla Bay, Turkey. The hill was shrouded in a low-lying cloud that the English soldiers marched straight into without hesitation. They never came out. After the last of the battalion had entered the cloud, it slowly lifted off the hillside to join other clouds in the sky. When the war was over, figuring the battalion had been captured and held prisoner, the British government demanded that Turkey return them. The Turks insisted, however, that it had neither captured not made contact with these English soldiers."

- Malum"

Low-lying cloud --- hidden UFO?
Were the soldiers aliens sent to help?
Were they time travelers?
Was it all a delusion?

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
Interesting. Possibly a time-slip?

Why would Aliens be kidnapping English Soldiers.. Unless they were helping the Germans...

We're back to Nazi UFOs again. Maybe by stealing allied forces on this timeline in WWI they thought they could change the course of the forthcoming WWII.

Who knows what our true timeline should really look like without all of this interference

TheCreator

Why would Aliens be kidnapping English Soldiers.. Unless they were helping the Germans...

We're back to Nazi UFOs again. Maybe by stealing allied forces on this timeline in WWI they thought they could change the course of the forthcoming WWII.

Who knows what our true timeline should really look like without all of this interference
All "timelines" experience this interference. It's the nature of the beast. But for the sake of argument, I would say the timeline would be completely devoid of religion or hope as there would be no miracles or mysteries to strengthen one's faith. A godless place of selfishness, anarchy, and violence.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

All "timelines" experience this interference. It's the nature of the beast. But for the sake of argument, I would say the timeline would be completely devoid of religion or hope as there would be no miracles or mysteries to strengthen one's faith. A godless place of selfishness, anarchy, and violence.

Not meaning to get into a religious debate, but I personally think the concept of God can exist with the multiple timeline theory.

TheCreator

Not meaning to get into a religious debate, but I personally think the concept of God can exist with the multiple timeline theory.
I don't disagree. But there are some people who use events like this as proof of Gods glory, and in the presence of unexplainable phenomena some people's faith is strengthened.

But let me qualify my comments so things don't get out of hand. I took Plissken's "all of this interference" comment to the extreme and lumped in all unexplained phenomena. If such phenomena never occurred, many events in the bible would never have taken place, and Christianity would have never formed. Going back further, earlier religions may have never formed either as they, too, were formed as a way to explain certain phenomena.

It's hard to say exactly what it would look like or be like, but it certainly would look nothing like we know now.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

I don't disagree. But there are some people who use events like this as proof of Gods glory, and in the presence of unexplainable phenomena some people's faith is strengthened.

But let me qualify my comments so things don't get out of hand. I took Plissken's "all of this interference" comment to the extreme and lumped in all unexplained phenomena. If such phenomena never occurred, many events in the bible would never have taken place, and Christianity would have never formed. Going back further, earlier religions may have never formed either as they, too, were formed as a way to explain certain phenomena.

It's hard to say exactly what it would look like or be like, but it certainly would look nothing like we know now.

I don't know. I'm not a religious scholar. :p And I skim read, so I missed your reference.... and I'm tired...and not going to re-read the article right now. LOL. (Why did I bother replying? I don't know).

:)