1950 Oregon UFO Photo

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
mcminnville02.jpg

"In Oregon, in May of 1950, a farmer named Mr. Trent saw a UFO at his farm outside McMinnville. According to Mr. Trent, his wife Evelyn first spotted the object, a silvery, metallic disk. "

10 Strange And Plausible UFO Sightings - Listverse

They had portable cameras in the 50's?

The explanation at the end of the article contradicts itself. One study was done saying that the object was indeed in the distance. Someone else suggested it was a model hanging from a wire. Well, it would have to have been a distant wire. Not impossible, but there would have to have been something tall to hang it from --- in the distance --- that is not in the photo.

I'm leaning towards the photo being genuine.

Thoughts?

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
Only Mr.Trent knows for sure. The question to ask is what does he have to gain from hoaxing it. In this case probably not a lot as in 1950 there would be no media frenzy or Internet, as a farmer he would probably have been financially secure so I agree this appears to be genuine.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Only Mr.Trent knows for sure. The question to ask is what does he have to gain from hoaxing it. In this case probably not a lot as in 1950 there would be no media frenzy or Internet, as a farmer he would probably have been financially secure so I agree this appears to be genuine.

I agree. I don't think a farmer would have interest in fame and fortune like that. They also had very little knowledge of hoaxes back then.

Martian

Well what if he was drunk and having an argument with his wife, and he just happened to snap a photo at the instant she lobbed a shoe at him? He could have awoken later and forgotten what the picture was of, and concluded it was a UFO. :D

ParanormalEtcetera

A drunk photo? Isn't that what we have today with all the blurry pics? I was thinking this one was supposed yo not be debunked. But could be thinking of another.