2 inches of snow paralyzes Atlanta

Khaos

where the wild things are
The south doesn't account for 90% of the population. They don't get snow that often, its extremely rare for them to get snow, since the south is situated closer to the equator, which is the warming line of the earth. So its understandable to understand their frustration with the snow, you're not used to it, you've never seen it before, you're going to get pretty fussy about it.

If you see a bright flash of light and a mushroom cloud outside your window, and a huge heat blast knocks you on your ass, are you going to get a bit.. antsy? That's a nuclear bomb blast, in case you didn't know.

Now. Up here in the north, Michigan for example, we are greatly accustomed to snow. Two inches? Ha. There's two feet on the ground here.

The point I'm making is, how can you be 100% prepeared for something, when you have never experienced it? I've experienced sub zero temps living here in Michigan my entire life. I've experienced between 2 and 6 feet of snow. I've been in a few car accidents related to snow. I've slipped on ice. I'm prepared for snow, because I live in snow.

They are not prepared, because they mostly live with green grass and beaches and warm water and warm temps.

outspoken

where did i say the south is 90% of the US population? I stated this country is unprepared for a nuclear war. Why the attitude? If you actually read the story you would see Atlanta was warned SUNDAY about the storm - everyone knew it was coming.

Khaos

where the wild things are
Of course this country is prepared for nuclear war, we've never experienced it. Hell there's only one damn country on this planet that has, Japan. We nuked their asses into the stone age in the 1940s and I hear quite recently they made it to the Iron Age.

You can't be totally prepared for something when you have never experienced it before. How do you expect people down south to prepare for snow, when most have never experienced it in their lifetimes? Their rioting is understandable.

Its like in 2011, I came within arms reach of two tornadoes. Before that? I have never experienced a tornado other than what I've seen in the movies. Now? We had a tornado just this past summer, last year, and I wasn't at all bothered by it. Because I'm prepared now. I know what they are like, I know what they can do. In 2011? I was hysterical.

Why the attitude? Because you show great ignorance towards the topic at hand. People who have never experienced something will freak out about it. Its human nature. Even if they are warned ahead of time. Yes they know its coming, but there is a difference between hearing it and seeing it. I figure nuclear war is coming, but I'm sure my reaction will be different when and if it happens, are you saying that you wont be bothered at all by it? Seeing everything around you turned to dust, all those who you love dead? You're the only one left standing in your little bunker underground?

And you said the south and then later said 90% population reduction, you basically indirectly implied the south is 90% of the population. Its not. Actually if you look at the United States population schedules, you'll find most people are living on the west and east coasts...

Ayasano

Of course this country is prepared for nuclear war, we've never experienced it. Hell there's only one damn country on this planet that has, Japan. We nuked their asses into the stone age in the 1940s and I hear quite recently they made it to the Iron Age.

I sincerely hope this is just a bad joke made in poor taste and not your actual belief. Japan is currently one of, if not the most, technologically advanced nations. Ever heard of ASIMO or any of their other robotics projects?

And you said the south and then later said 90% population reduction, you basically indirectly implied the south is 90% of the population. Its not. Actually if you look at the United States population schedules, you'll find most people are living on the west and east coasts...

It was pretty obvious he meant that nuclear war, which would affect most of the US, would result in a 90% reduction in population. Personally I see very little chance of a nuclear war happening though, the biggest danger currently is economic inequality and increasing industrial automation outpacing the creation of new jobs.

paradox404

The thing I find most amusing is that climate scientists said there would be no ice last year. But hey, Titor was right on the ice still being there..

I sincerely hope this is just a bad joke made in poor taste and not your actual belief. Japan is currently one of, if not the most, technologically advanced nations. Ever heard of ASIMO or any of their other robotics projects?

It was pretty obvious he meant that nuclear war, which would affect most of the US, would result in a 90% reduction in population. Personally I see very little chance of a nuclear war happening though, the biggest danger currently is economic inequality and increasing industrial automation outpacing the creation of new jobs.

There are signs all around us that a war should occur soon, while industrialsation is a problem, it isn't the biggest issue at hand.

TimeNot_0

Maybe just another movie is needed in the new moral America.

No red meat.
No sex.
No smoking.
No drinking booze.

Escape from Atlanta!
Like the other two movies - Escape from New York, Escape from LA.