467mhz to 462mhz radio frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisy

]
The Amateur Radio Frequencies for the UK is 430Mhz to 440Mhz :)

What I was asking is whom is allocated that frequency band that I mentioned. I always thought it was the emergency services. As there has been some strange activity around the middle of it.

TimeFlipper

Im sure everyone will want to know what the strange activity is..
Could it possibly be a strange radio signal??
Sorry i cant help you with those particular frequencies that you asked about..

Last edited:

Chrisy

@TimeFlipper you said in the chatroom your a amateur radio operator. What kind of HAM operator doesn't have a broad spectrum radio scanner. Considering you can pick him up as little as £19? I have two scanners and two high powered walkie talkies one of which is a 5 watt model that requires a licence.

TimeFlipper

Yes iam a Amateur Radio Operator, but i only bother with the frequencies that i actually transmit and receive on..
I dont use any scanner but all three of my radio transceivers cover upto 500Mhz, but like i said, im only concerned with Radio Amateur Frequencies..

Can you answer my question now please??..
What was that "strange activity" that you heard, was it a radio signal??

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
i am a Amateur Radio Operator also, the Amateur Radio Frequencies for the US is 420Mhz to 450Mhz.
I own a Icom model IC-9100 radio transceivers which can transmit 2 to 75 watts of RF power on 420Mhz
to 450Mhz. In the US 420Mhz to 450Mhz their are the following bands for: Satellite, FM Repeaters, FM
Simplex, SSB, Digital Information, CW, and Amateur TV Fast Scan. We also have two bands Called
"National Calling Frequency s" which are 446.0Mhz FM and 432.1Mhz SSB.

I am much like TimeFipper, we use the Ham Bands 100% of the time, so we can talk to other Hams like us.
I would like to learn more about your commit: "As there has been some strange activity around the middle of it."

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Is it legal to broadcast on the 462 to 467Mhz frequencies in the UK?

In the US 462Mhz to 467Mhz frequencies are used for the following: Business Radio, Manufacturers, MED Disp.,Police, Fire, Business Airlines, and fast food drive-thru.

Chrisy

@Opmmur the precise frequencies that I logged down where 462.6375 mhz and the other 467.6375 mhz. The strange activity was a mixture dib dib dib dob dob dob morse, spoken words, knocking noises, hissing and brief music. A friend of mine says it's probably somebody with a illegal FRS walkie talkie. It's just that some of the things he it was a man's voice wad saying was a bit mysterious.

Last edited:

JustMe

@Opmmur the precise frequencies that I logged down where 462.6375 mhz and the other 467.6375 mhz. The strange activity was a mixture dib dib dib dob dob dob morse, spoken words, knocking noises, hissing and brief music. A friend of mine says it's probably somebody with a legal FRS walkie talkie. It's just that some of the things he was saying he was a bit mysterious.
Not this crap again! Is this mullac? Dh1? Lord Henry?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.