7 bizarre tales of people coming back from the dead

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
7 bizarre tales of people coming back from the dead

Many people wish they could have a second chance at life. Some people actually get one

posted on June 8, 2012, at 7:53 AM
a-95-year-old-chinese-woman-not-pictured-thought-to-be-dead-was-placed-in-a-coffin-for-a-ritual-of.jpg

A 95-year-old Chinese woman (not pictured), thought to be dead, was placed in a coffin for a ritual of waiting several days before burial. She woke up later to cook her famished self a meal. Photo: Inspirestock/CORBIS

Funerals are supposed to offer a chance to say goodbye. In recent months, though, a number of stories have emerged around the globe of people who were thought to be dead, but awoke — in a coffin or a morgue — after being declared deceased. Sometimes, the resurrections last only briefly, as happened in the most recent case involving a toddler in Brazil. Some of the resurrected, however, get a lasting new shot at life. Here, seven strange tales of people rising from the great beyond:

1. The Brazilian toddler who died twice

Not all resurrections end well. A heart-wrenching case in point: Little Kelvin Santos, 2, died last week — or so his parents were told — while being treated for pneumonia. The child's devastated family held a wake through the night. Then, an hour before the funeral was to begin, Kelvin sat up in his open coffin, and said, "Daddy, can I have some water?" People started screaming. "We thought a miracle had taken place and our boy had come back to life," the boy's father, Antonio Santos said. "Then Kelvin just laid back down, the way he was. We couldn't wake him. He was dead again." The family filed a medical malpractice complaint, and police are investigating.

2. The Yemeni man who awoke in his grave

A 65-year-old heart attack victim in Yemen had been washed and wrapped in special cloth, according to Muslim tradition. Mourners had placed him in his grave, and were preparing to cover him with dirt, when the man suddenly came to. He was not amused. "You want to kill me and bury me alive," he shouted, according to the Alettejah news website. After the shock wore off, mourners gave the no-longer-dead man fresh clothes, and turned the funeral into a party.

3. The stillborn baby... who came to life

Argentinean mother Analia Bouter's baby was declared stillborn after an emergency C-section in April. Bouter and her husband, Fabian Veron, never got to see the body before it was taken away, so they went down to the refrigerated morgue, where the baby was being kept in a drawer, to say good-bye. They opened the drawer, and Bouter said she "felt" the child looking at her. She touched the newborn's icy hand, and saw that the baby was alive. She fell to her knees, and the baby let out a faint cry. The parents named the baby Luz Milagros, or "light," "miracles." The child is still alive, although doctors have said she has irreversible brain damage.

4. The "ghost" who scared away morgue staff

A South African man in his 60s passed out after an asthma attack last July. Thinking him dead, his grieving family called a private funeral company, instead of paramedics. After spending 21 hours in a refrigerated morgue, the man woke up surrounded by corpses and started to scream. Two workers heard the noises and panicked. "They thought it was a ghost," said Sizwe Kupelo, spokesman for the local health department, "and they ran for their lives." The entire mortuary team returned together later and freed the undead man.

5. The Chinese woman who rose from her coffin to fix dinner

Two weeks after falling and suffering a head injury, Li Xiufeng, 95, was found lying motionless in her home by a neighbor. The friend couldn't wake her up. She was placed in a coffin and, according to local custom, was supposed to rest there for several days before the funeral. A day before the burial, her neighbor went to check on the coffin, and Li was gone. "I slept for a long time," she reportedly told her fellow villagers. "After waking up, I felt so hungry, and wanted to cook something to eat." Apparently, a doctor said, the tradition of waiting days before burial saved her. Another custom — the ritual burning all of a dead person's possessions — did not work in her favor.

6. The Russian woman who died after her funeral

A 49-year-old Russian woman, Fagilyu Mukhametzyanov, collapsed at her home with chest pains last year. Doctors told her husband that she had suffered a massive heart attack, and they pronounced her dead. At the open-casket funeral, the "dead" woman heard mourners praying for her soul to go to heaven. Her eyes started fluttering, and, realizing where she was, she started to scream. "We immediately rushed her back to the hospital," says her widower, as quoted by Austrian Times, "but she only lived for another 12 minutes in intensive care before she died again, this time for good."

7. The Venezuelan man who awoke during his own autopsy

A Venezuelan man, Carlos Camejo, was declared dead after a highway accident in 2007. Before his wife could arrive to identify the body, medical examiners began an autopsy. Camejo who had been declared dead woke up in the morgue in excruciating pain after medical examiners began an autopsy. They cut into his face, and were surprised as fresh blood poured out. They quickly started sewing the incision, and Camejo regained consciousness. "I woke up because the pain was unbearable," Camejo told a local newspaper. When his wife arrived to identify him, she found Camejo waiting for her in the corridor.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I imagine the guy #7's wife going to identify her dead husband's body, who finds him waiting for her in the corridor. :eek:

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Woman says husband's message proves afterlife

Posted: Jul 11, 2012 7:07 PM PDT Updated: Jul 12, 2012 3:26 AM PDT
Reported by Jennifer Johnson - email

LEBANON, TN (WSMV) -

When a loved one dies, it's only natural to wonder what comes next, but a Lebanon woman said after he husband died, she got something she never expected.

Faye Aldridge calls it undeniable proof of the afterlife.

When Aldridge's husband, Burke Aldridge, was in the final stages of cancer, he promised to send her a fax from heaven.

She assumed it was just the morphine talking, but you can imagine how shocked she was when just days after his death he apparently made good on that promise.

"I just believed against all odds that God would heal him," Faye Aldridge said. "Death is not the end."

She is a woman of strong faith. When Burke Aldridge was diagnosed with cancer in 2005, Faye Aldridge said she fully expected God to perform a miracle.

"I expressed my faith. I covered him in the word of God. I read the Bible to him every day," she said.

But just 21 days later, the 53-year-old man was dead, and the unthinkable began to unfold.

Within hours of being pronounced dead at the hospital, oncologist Dr. Carl Willis and neurosurgeon Dr. Arthur Cushman, two men who had never met, both swore Burke Aldridge paid them a visit at their homes before either of them even knew he was dead.

In both instances, Burke Aldridge's visit was brief and his message of peace and comfort was concise, the doctors said.

Shortly before his death, Burke had made a promise to reach out to his wife in a unique way from heaven. And within days of his death, the doctors gave their own accounts to Faye Aldridge via fax.

"I suppose he had a conversation with the Lord, and he wanted to do one finale, and maybe this was it," Faye Aldridge said. "Burke was a Christian, and I believe that gives proof, that if you're a Christian, you do end up in heaven."

Copyright WSMV 2012 (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

BlastTyrant

Holy freaking **** balls dude the 1st story about the child is f***ing crazy wow i don't even know what i would think that is nuts. "Mind blown"

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Doctors testify to patient's spirit return

Faye%20Aldridge.png
A case that will challenge sceptics to find a non-spiritual explanation is making headlines in America's media, following the publication of Real Messages from Heaven by Faye Aldridge (right).

When the author's husband, Burke, was diagnosed with cancer in 2005, Faye expected God to perform a miracle. Both she and her husband were devout Christians. "I expressed my faith. I covered him in the word of God. I read the Bible to him every day," she says.

The miracle she expected did not happen. Just 21 days after the diagnosis, 53-year-old Burke passed away. But a different miracle did occur.

Within hours of Burke being pronounced dead at the hospital, two members of the medical team who had treated him received a "visitation" from Burke in their own homes – before they knew that he had passed on. What's more, the men had never met.

Dr%20Cushman%20captioned.jpg
The testimonies of oncologist Dr Carl Willis and neurosurgeon Dr Arthur Cushman are included in the book and they have both testified to the occurrence in a TV news report (see video below or go the the WSMV website).

Learning that he was in the final stages of cancer, Burke made a promise to his wife that he would find a unique way to reach out to her from heaven. The website of Channel 4 WSMV.com carries the video of the interview and the headline story, "Woman Says Fax From Husband Proves Afterlife", that stretches the truth somewhat. She did receive a fax, but it was from the two medical men, telling her of their surprising encounter with the spirit of her dead husband.

Dr Cushman explained: "He was holding his arms up and was surrounded by this light. He said 'This is wonderful – and don't ever worry about dying'."

Dr%20Willis%20captioned.jpg
Dr Willis testified that on seeing Burke: "I pretty well knew what had happened and who it was – it was just amazing."

Faye Aldridge believes her husband chose to appear to the oncologist and neurosurgeon, rather than to her, so that people would believe the story. Her book, Real Messages From Heaven tells not only her own remarkable story but "other true stories of miracles, divine intervention and supernatural occurrences".