7 Very Real Threats Most People Aren’t Ready For

Poison Pen

While none of these are earth ending they could have catastrophic effects.

7 Very Real Threats Most People Aren’t Ready For

I think the most likely one at this point would be a cyber attack.....According to what it says we are under constant barrage from these things. In 2013 US National Security Advisor James Clapper noted that cyber attacks are the greatest threat to US national security.

Global Conflict Tracker

TnWatchdog

Cyber attacks or natural causes that bring down the grid concerns me as we are so dependent on this juice. Most wouldn't be able to cope or survive if there were 'lights out'. Panic and chaos would replace calm and stability as the daily norm.
The people running around without their legal or illegal drugs pose a major threat as your post suggests..."I WANT MY DRUGS...AND I WANT THEM NOW!" The drug starved people would take extreme measures to obtain them. I take seven different heart medications and I know what happens when I run out for a few days...not good.

Last edited:

walt willis

Needs a bump...
I read the second book about an EMP attack called One Year After.
The threat is very real and could be the cause of martial law and mass mega death around the country.
The folks in the cities would be hurt the greatest and the death toll could be near 90% dead within the first year.
John Titor claims that it will happen at some point in our timeline but also states that timelines may very because of the interference
from time travelers that cause small changes.
It is all just a wild ass guess at this point, but I would still stock up on beans and bullets.

Itheblaze

The homless people living in the woods will be fine. The Amish won't know anything has happened until a bunch of starved, off the meds people, storm the gates, snatching up canned goods. Women will be sporting beards and mustaches, in about a month and men that shave all over are about to go Bigfoot. Who knows. Maybe Bigfoot is just a guy that lost his razor.

TimeFlipper

I get the feeling that next year many companies will be selling products to help prevent an EMP attack within everybody`s households :)..
Some of these will be good (but at a a hight cost) and others will be useless..Thje main items i see as useful would be solar panels, because after an EMP attack there would be no mains electricity...you could wrap your transistor radios..small TV`s or any small transistor equipment, including your solar panel controllers in aluminium foil and put them safely away into a "War Chest" which could be a medium or large sized metal container (i think they still sell old metal Ammo boxes in the US)..

Get hold of cheap LED lights which you will need for the house lighting...have a few lithium batteries wrapped in aluminium foil, or use rechargeable batteries...if you feel you can afford a small petrol generator that gives you 120/240/volt AC output, get one and put it in your "War Chest"...keep a good supply of bottled drinking water...Every Amateur Radio Operator including Prof Opmmur and myself will be available to give the National Emergency Radio Services assistance in every local area of the US, and around the world..

24 hours after an EMP attack there will a National Emergency Radio Service giving out information, which will include linking up with all your emergency services including the police army and airforce..there will be emergency Martial law imposed, to prevent rioting and looting of shops..Financial services like banking and Wall street will be protected by using Radio Communication with services in other countries not affected by an EMP strike..UK for an example...Iam saying all this as im not certain at this moment in time, that the US has already started protection of the countries electrical supply generators...what i do know is that all the front line radar systems are already protected from a sudden EMP attack..

But please please be aware that we DONT need an EMP attack to cause all this disruption...It could quite easily be a massive severe Solar Storm from our Sun...we were already warned of this possibility a while back when we DID get hit by a Solar Storm, but luckily it wasnt of the magnitude that could have affected us very much...Maybe now is the time to start forging more friendships in our own local communities..
If we are to suffer an EMP attack or a massive Solar Storm, we all need each other to get through these problems....Please remember the old saying..United We Stand...Divided We Fall :)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Those scenarios are all very legit and believable. We depend on so many things we have no control on that it's scary. What happens when the shelves are empty? Growing food takes time, will you able to wait? Or do you have enough food at home to survive a few months? Scary.