7 Very Real Threats Most People Aren’t Ready For

TimeFlipper

A "Single" electromagnetic pulse (EMP) would last only milliseconds and remember its travelling at close to the speed of light..The problem here being that every electronic system would be rendered useless within that area and it could take years re-building the electrical service systems that supply us with electricity etc....However i still maintain that all those services and others, will be protected and also all the radar and weapon systems...

My feeling here is that a single electromagnetic impulse would be used as a kind of warning from an attacker..after which the attacker would be hit using the same type of EMP...When the US dropped the first atomic bomb on Hiroshima, it even knocked out street lighting and other electrical equipment in Hawaii with its EMP! In 1945 the Americans became aware of EMP`s after a guy called Enrico Fermi,warned them about it and consequently during their testing of the atomic bomb all the electrical systems were shielded that were close to the blast area..

The EMP back in the 1950s was called a "RadioFlash"...remember that all electromagnet waves are classed as Radio Waves, right upto the Gamma wave frequencies..Radio Wave being a bit of an inappropriate description lol ...

Good post TF.....These things go back a little further as well.The Carrington Event of 1859, there was Starfish Prime in 1962.
Excellent research Pen...i never knew about the Carrington Event :)

Poison Pen

A "Single" electromagnetic pulse (EMP) would last only milliseconds and remember its travelling at close to the speed of light..The problem here being that every electronic system would be rendered useless within that area and it could take years re-building the electrical service systems that supply us with electricity etc....However i still maintain that all those services and others, will be protected and also all the radar and weapon systems...

My feeling here is that a single electromagnetic impulse would be used as a kind of warning from an attacker..after which the attacker would be hit using the same type of EMP...When the US dropped the first atomic bomb on Hiroshima, it even knocked out street lighting and other electrical equipment in Hawaii with its EMP! In 1945 the Americans became aware of EMP`s after a guy called Enrico Fermi,warned them about it and consequently during their testing of the atomic bomb all the electrical systems were shielded that were close to the blast area..

The EMP back in the 1950s was called a "RadioFlash"...remember that all electromagnet waves are classed as Radio Waves, right upto the Gamma wave frequencies..Radio Wave being a bit of an inappropriate description lol ...

Good post TF.....These things go back a little further as well.The Carrington Event of 1859, there was Starfish Prime in 1962.
Excellent research Pen...i never knew about the Carrington Event :)

Thank You...See I can post something without trying to debunk it every once in a while......:cool: American Survival Guide puts out a magazine called "Doomsday" there are some real interesting articles in them if you get a chance pick up a copy. I know your in the UK so it might be a little hard for you.

Last edited:

walt willis

Moving To Chicago

Bob was sitting on the plane waiting to fly to Chicago, when a guy took the seat beside him. The guy was an emotional wreck, pale, hands shaking, moaning in fear.

"What's the matter?" Bob asked.

"I've been transferred to Chicago- I've heard the people are crazy there. They've got lots of shootings, gangs, race riots, drugs, poor public schools, and the highest crime rate in the nation."

Bob replied, "I've lived in Chicago all my life. It's not as bad as the media says. Find a nice home, go to work, mind your own business, and enroll your kids in a nice private school. It's as safe a place as anywhere in the world."

The guy relaxed and stopped shaking and said, "Oh, thank you. I've been worried to death. But if you live there and say it's OK, I'll take your word for it. What do you do for a living?"

"I'm a tail gunner on a Budweiser truck."

Poison Pen

Moving To Chicago

Bob was sitting on the plane waiting to fly to Chicago, when a guy took the seat beside him. The guy was an emotional wreck, pale, hands shaking, moaning in fear.

"What's the matter?" Bob asked.

"I've been transferred to Chicago- I've heard the people are crazy there. They've got lots of shootings, gangs, race riots, drugs, poor public schools, and the highest crime rate in the nation."

Bob replied, "I've lived in Chicago all my life. It's not as bad as the media says. Find a nice home, go to work, mind your own business, and enroll your kids in a nice private school. It's as safe a place as anywhere in the world."

The guy relaxed and stopped shaking and said, "Oh, thank you. I've been worried to death. But if you live there and say it's OK, I'll take your word for it. What do you do for a living?"

"I'm a tail gunner on a Budweiser truck."

What does this stupid story have to do with anything?

TnWatchdog

ISIS is hardly a large enough group to start WW3........
We are already be in a world war against terrorism and it will only get worse...but that's my opinion.

'A world war is a war involving many or most of the world's most powerful and populous countries. World wars span multiple countries on multiple continents, with battles fought in multiple theatres.'

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I think the most likely one would be Isis starting a WWIII...

I don't think ISIS even exists. Just a fabrication to terrorize people into believing a war is needed to quell them. My belief went down the drain with a fake ISIS news broadcast depicting two hostages each with his shadow pointing in a different direction.

Poison Pen

I think the most likely one would be Isis starting a WWIII...

I don't think ISIS even exists. Just a fabrication to terrorize people into believing a war is needed to quell them. My belief went down the drain with a fake ISIS news broadcast depicting two hostages each with his shadow pointing in a different direction.

Totally agree.

walt willis

What? You have no funny bone?
The greatest threat may be to the folks that lost their sense of humor and can't see the humor in how others think and behave.
PP must be from a large city such as in the joke I present and would rather not be looked upon that way?
Now there is a real threat in the small minded world of the PC, PP?