A few questions about ghosts

tpeezy4sheezy

First of all let me go ahead and sAy that I am a believer in the ghost phenomenon. That being said, I am a bit skeptical at times as well. I'm not too sure if ghosts are exactly spiritual in nature or are possible a small "rip" in time or alternate universes where we are seeing people or things from another time or place and they from time to time see us. I have a question that bothers me from time to time. First of all how come it seems that ghosts seem to almost always come from the last few hundred years mostly the Victorian era and not ancient times. How come in Egypt we don't hear of 4000 year old ghosts running around or ancient roman ghosts or the spirits of ancient Viking soldiers fighting one another? I know there are some reports of older spirits but it just seems the majority are from the recent past. Also why does a haunting almost always have to have some kind of tragic back story to go along with it. Like so and so were lovers who killed themselves after their dad's dueled to the death because they were so against the two lovers union lol. It always seems like many not all hauntings have some tragic story. Why would that have anything to do with the haunting itself. Do ghosts only decide to haunt places because it has a cool backstory? You rarely hear of a haunted house where they say " oh, an old man named james haunts this plAce. He died in his bed at the age of 75 In his sleep. I know it happens it just seems more often than not, it's some "tragic" or violent death. Also why would violent or sudden deaths matter? So god
Or whoever decided ok if you die a tragic death or suddenly you get to stay here? .....but the ghost doesn't know it's dead.....how long does it take to realize you are dead? You would think after 80 yr and doing the same thing over and over again you would realize something was up lol. Also why would you haunt a cemetary? I might visit my grace once and awile when I'm dead but I would much rather hangout in the local strip club not a stupid cemetery or the place where I croaked. If place of death was so important every hospital and nursing home would be crawling with paranormal activity. This is why I have my theory that it is somehow a "rift" in time or an alternate dimension. To them we might look like ghosts. If it is spiritual I am definAtely afraid to die lol because I cannot think of anything thst would suck more than dying and having to re live my death Over and over again as some people believe or that I will have to basically hangout for eternity the place where I died or was buried or if I'm lucky where I grew up. Either way those options pretty much suck lol. I think a lot of the usual "rules" Or whatver you wanna call it about hauntings say more about human psychology than they do hauntings. I think the reason basements are always haunted and cemetery's are becAuse they are just creepy
In general. I think there is a natural mammalian instinct to avoid death and places of death. Same thing with attics and basements. They are dark, and could possible have spiders and creepy crawlers and to our not so evolved bodies it elicits a fear response. I dunno where I'm going with all this stuff haha my mind is just going on a tangent and I'm Sorry for the rant and any typos or bad grammar it's 5 am and I can't sleep and I've been thinking about this for awile. Hope to have some good discussion about all this. Thanks a lot guys!!

bluejay_1919

I've been to many "normal " everyday homes, where there is a spirit present. Usually it will be a loved one, that died a normal death or spirit just curious about the family, attached to the land or home. There are many scenarios as to why a spirit may be haunting a certain location and they are not all crazy creepy stories.

As for ancient ghosts...I've seen and heard Native American Indian spirits on old land. I've also heard any stories about castles in Europe and old ruins all over the world with corresponding spiritual activities. There have even been EVP's caught with the sounds of sword fights and different languages spoke.

As far as being stuck reliving a tragic death over and over again, I'm not sure what to think about that. I'm sure some spirits do get stuck in a loop, so to speak. Others, I personally know, are just stuck in their time period. Have you ever witnessed a spirit that does the same thing everyday, and then walks into a wall and disappears? Only to find out that, in the 1800's, the wall wasn't there. It's almost like sometimes they don't realize the changes around them. In the paranormal field, there are " intelligent hauntings" ( they know we are here and can interact with us).

I've also had the experience of my child witnessing a civil war battle in our backyard. After much research, I know we never had a battle here specifically. And what she saw was specific. Now, long story short, a spirit out of that vision, actually became attached in a protective, loving way to my daughter. But why did she see this vision of a battle, complete with guns, flags and canons and lots of blood?? Maybe it's possible there was some sort of portal on our land, and it opened up at the same moment she was playing outside and witnessed this. Does that mean they were ghosts or living on another realm where the civil war was going on...I don't know. But i believe since this spirit stayed with my daughter for a few years until the moment my son was born, that he, the moment he saw my daughter, was reliving a significant part of his life and death. Maybe caught in the loop, but was able to get out after he became aware of his surroundings.

I don't know if this answers any questions. Ive been seeing, hearing, feeling...sometimes smelling (haha) spirits since I was at least 4 years old. Now my kids have the gift as well.[emoji4]

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
First of all let me go ahead and sAy that I am a believer in the ghost phenomenon. That being said, I am a bit skeptical at times as well.

There is nothing wrong with being a skeptical believer. I am the same way. I believe, but I don't believe everything. You have to analyze situations and rule things out before assuming paranormal. Perfectly smart way to be.

m not too sure if ghosts are exactly spiritual in nature or are possible a small "rip" in time or alternate universes where we are seeing people or things from another time or place and they from time to time see us.

How about both? I also believe that our timelines touch or cross. With an infinite amount of them, it is inevitable. Do we see glimpses of other dimensions? Probably. Do we also have spirts/ghosts? Sure. My question is, can a ghost hop from one universe to the next?

bluejay_1919

Nicely said PaulaJedi! I'm in agreement with you.

I thought about this too...it was mentioned that there seems to be more stories of hauntings dealing with Victorian times. During the Victorian period, Spiritualism was huge. People were having seances and we're not scared to talk about it. There are the ever so creepy practice of taking death photos, they even had the wakes in the home. Did you know the reason why Victorian homes have the circular room is so ghosts/spirits don't have any corners to hide behind. People were very superstitious back then. Even Houdini was big on the Spiritualism movement and often tried to contact the dead. Maybe this caused an influx in hauntings of that particular time period.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Nicely said PaulaJedi! I'm in agreement with you.

I thought about this too...it was mentioned that there seems to be more stories of hauntings dealing with Victorian times. During the Victorian period, Spiritualism was huge. People were having seances and we're not scared to talk about it. There are the ever so creepy practice of taking death photos, they even had the wakes in the home. Did you know the reason why Victorian homes have the circular room is so ghosts/spirits don't have any corners to hide behind. People were very superstitious back then. Even Houdini was big on the Spiritualism movement and often tried to contact the dead. Maybe this caused an influx in hauntings of that particular time period.

So, perhaps if Victorians were more spiritually aware, they have more active souls? Interesting thought.

TimeFlipper

From what i remember about the Victorians was their average life expectancy was upto 40 years, child mortality was very low however..

bluejay_1919

From what i remember about the Victorians was their average life expectancy was upto 40 years, child mortality was very low however..
You are correct...perhaps another reason for such high activities in the paranormal from this time period. People died from horrible sicknesses, diseases and when did tuberculosis strike?? That's killed many. I'll have to look up the years around that.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
You are correct...perhaps another reason for such high activities in the paranormal from this time period. People died from horrible sicknesses, diseases and when did tuberculosis strike?? That's killed many. I'll have to look up the years around that.

Turberculosis was a problem for a long time. My father had it and the doctors think that's why he developed lung cancer. (He's ok now).

bluejay_1919

Turberculosis was a problem for a long time. My father had it and the doctors think that's why he developed lung cancer. (He's ok now).
How terrible...but I'm glad he is okay now. Goodness. Just think of the thousands of people that passed from Tuberculosis in those huge, now haunted sanitariums.