A few questions about ghosts

Thoth93

First of all let me go ahead and sAy that I am a believer in the ghost phenomenon. That being said, I am a bit skeptical at times as well. I'm not too sure if ghosts are exactly spiritual in nature or are possible a small "rip" in time or alternate universes where we are seeing people or things from another time or place and they from time to time see us. I have a question that bothers me from time to time. First of all how come it seems that ghosts seem to almost always come from the last few hundred years mostly the Victorian era and not ancient times. How come in Egypt we don't hear of 4000 year old ghosts running around or ancient roman ghosts or the spirits of ancient Viking soldiers fighting one another?
They actually do exist but they are rare as ghosts oftentimes finally decide to cross over at some point. Rumor has it that the spirit of the soldier who pierced the side of Christ still roams the supposed site of the crucification. I'm not sure I believe it but I would believe that people may have seen Roman soldiers. I also think that much of what we hear about in the U.S as older spirits are most likely native American as anything else say ancient Egyptian ghost would be found in Egypt and not the united States.

I know there are some reports of older spirits but it just seems the majority are from the recent past. Also why does a haunting almost always have to have some kind of tragic back story to go along with it. Like so and so were lovers who killed themselves after their dad's dueled to the death because they were so against the two lovers union lol. It always seems like many not all hauntings have some tragic story. Why would that have anything to do with the haunting itself. Do ghosts only decide to haunt places because it has a cool backstory?

What often causes a spirit to not want to cross over is that they either have unfinished business or they died in a traumatic or violent way that left them with mental issues and they can't cross over.

You rarely hear of a haunted house where they say " oh, an old man named james haunts this plAce. He died in his bed at the age of 75 In his sleep. I know it happens it just seems more often than not, it's some "tragic" or violent death. Also why would violent or sudden deaths matter? So god
Or whoever decided ok if you die a tragic death or suddenly you get to stay here? .....but the ghost doesn't know it's dead.....how long does it take to realize you are dead? You would think after 80 yr and doing the same thing over and over again you would realize something was up lol.TThings are different for spirits they may be reliving the same day over and over and never remember that they had relived it and we see them stuck in a sort of feedback loop where they replay the tragic events over and over. Not all spirits discover they are dead. The ones that do take on a new sentience.

Also
why would you haunt a cemetary? I might visit my grace once and awile when I'm dead but I would much rather hangout in the local strip club not a stupid cemetery or the place where I croaked. If place of death was so important every hospital and nursing home would be crawling with paranormal activity.
If you die and remain here and sentient you will mourn the loss of your body for up to three days at which point most come to terms with it. People have a tendency to hang around their own corpses for a while after death and I imagine it's all part of the process of coming to terms and this is why one may see a ghost or two at a grave yard. There is also what is known as a sentry spirit that kind of watches over the graves that people see from time to time.

This
is why I have my theory that it is somehow a "rift" in time or an alternate dimension. To them we might look like ghosts. If it is spiritual I am definAtely afraid to die lol because I cannot think of anything thst would suck more than dying and having to re live my death Over and over again as some people believe or that I will have to basically hangout for eternity the place where I died or was buried or if I'm lucky where I grew up. Either way those options pretty much suck lol. I think a lot of the usual "rules" Or whatver you wanna call it about hauntings say more about human psychology than they do hauntings. I think the reason basements are always haunted and cemetery's are becAuse they are just creepy
In general. I think there is a natural mammalian instinct to avoid death and places of death. Same thing with attics and basements. They are dark, and could possible have spiders and creepy crawlers and to our not so evolved bodies it elicits a fear response. I dunno where I'm going with all this stuff haha my mind is just going on a tangent and I'm Sorry for the rant and any typos or bad grammar it's 5 am and I can't sleep and I've been thinking about this for awile. Hope to have some good discussion about all this. Thanks a lot guys!!

Spirits hang out in places where the living usually don't. They come out when it's dark because no living people are awake. There is also much to do with light effecting manifestation to a certain degree especially natural sunlight as it has many effects on psychic energy. Ghosts will often occupy abandoned buildings and houses that they might not even have had connections to in life but have no place else to go. Some spirits wander the earth and others can frequent highways and even parts of the ocean or desert.

Jenette

Spirits hang out in places where the living usually don't. They come out when it's dark because no living people are awake. There is also much to do with light effecting manifestation to a certain degree especially natural sunlight as it has many effects on psychic energy. Ghosts will often occupy abandoned buildings and houses that they might not even have had connections to in life but have no place else to go. Some spirits wander the earth and others can frequent highways and even parts of the ocean or desert.
Cool theory!

Wind7

Staff

I would suggest that many would also hang around near signs along roadways/highways.

What better way to get noticed by those whom can actually see them?

steven chiverton

ive seen a ghost before but the last time she looked so real she had short black hair wearing a nighty and was barefooted and flat feet she appeared on the floor and walked right around the corner wall into the dining room kitchen wow she looked so real and not ghostly and she vanished into nowhere and we was in a new house to

steven chiverton

she dident come through the closed front door or i would of seen her walk from behind the wall near the front door i saw her when she was already on the floor like as if time stopped for a split second then she was there walking already otherwise id see her come from the front door behind that wall to that spot i first saw her in