Accumulated Doubt

Judge Bean

Accumulated Doubt

Originally posted by August@Sep 25 2004, 04:07 AM
Let's not make that much of Titor-- it's enough that he has that strange and unsettling, uncanny ring of authenticity

But You and I are not spending most of our free time at a Paine forum. We are making much of Titor, no?

uncanny ring? We are living in the days of uncanny ring--it surrounds us. Corporations are banking on it. The uncanny ring was won at Thermopylae and we have been spending it foolishly ever since.

I have my doubts. And I thank God. But make no mistake--we are making much of Titor.

It is a shame we are all not in the same room. We could have everything worked out in hours when it always takes months. Send me your response from your hut. Am I becoming anti-internet??? Yikes.

August!

Judge Bean

Accumulated Doubt

Originally posted by August@Sep 25 2004, 04:07 AM
But You and I are not spending most of our free time at a Paine forum. We are making much of Titor, no?

uncanny ring? We are living in the days of uncanny ring--it surrounds us. Corporations are banking on it. The uncanny ring was won at Thermopylae and we have been spending it foolishly ever since.

I have my doubts. And I thank God. But make no mistake--we are making much of Titor.

It is a shame we are all not in the same room. We could have everything worked out in hours when it always takes months. Send me your response from your hut. Am I becoming anti-internet??? Yikes.

There is a Paine forum?

I think Titor has made much of us.

The uncanny ring is the ring of truth. To make too much of Titor is to take the ring of truth as its substance in detail. Thus, when Zoroaster spake, it is mistakenly presumed that what is heard deifies him. His people were the victors at Thermopylae; from the other side, we have the bare news of disaster without elaboration. All was lost.

Titor is his own prophecy. The prophets that you need to worry about are the ones who hold back.

August

Accumulated Doubt

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon+Sep 28 2004, 03:08 PM--><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-August@Sep 25 2004, 04:07 AM

There is a Paine forum?

I think Titor has made much of us.

The uncanny ring is the ring of truth. To make too much of Titor is to take the ring of truth as its substance in detail. Thus, when Zoroaster spake, it is mistakenly presumed that what is heard deifies him. His people were the victors at Thermopylae; from the other side, we have the bare news of disaster without elaboration. All was lost.

Titor is his own prophecy. The prophets that you need to worry about are the ones who hold back.
[snapback]10685[/snapback]​
[/b][/quote]

Ah I knew Paul would fire me up for that one...

Hey Paul, Dad, Cary, Starlord and thanks for the warm welcome.

Cornelia

Accumulated Doubt

Paine forum?
What the hell... well, let me check on Google about who can be this Paine.

...and I thought it was a football player! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Come on, Cornelia, how can you think for a single moment that Paul and August were speaking of a football player? You should know your chickens!)

CaryP

Accumulated Doubt

Originally posted by Cornelia@Sep 29 2004, 12:16 PM
Paine forum?
What the hell... well, let me check on Google about who can be this Paine.

...and I thought it was a football player! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(Come on, Cornelia, how can you think for a single moment that Paul and August were speaking of a football player? You should know your chickens!)

Thomas Paine was an American patriot at the time of the American Revolution. Reference was made to the "Paine forum" by Paul in a previous post on another thread I believe, but there is no actual "Paine forum".

Just trying to save you a little research Cornelia. Paul and StarLord are whimsical jokers with their tongues firmly planted in their figurative cheeck at times. Very amusing.

Cary