Alien contact in next 20 years

Zoomerz

Re: Alien contact in next 20 years

Star;

Actually, before we continue, I do need to point out that Zoomers is anti God = Alien concept. Some how he has been stuck with being the originator of this concept and I can not figure out how anyone arrived at that conclusion. While we both accept that ET may have had a hand in our developement DNA wise, Zoomers never once said that ET was God.

Far be it from me to be original, and thank you for that confirmation.

Tenshi;

I reckon the \"God\" of the Bible was actually extraterrestrials. The Bible says that \"God\" created Man \"in his image.\"
So you're saying the "God of the Bible" = ET = "The supreme being"? Or are you saying you don't believe there is a "supreme being"?

If I have a belief, I would agree with you that the god of the bible is actually ET (whether Annanaki or not I don't know). But doesn't that leave open the question of a "supreme being" that created ET?

Not only does the bible say that man was created in his image, but it also says that Eve was created from the *rib of Adam*, which could easily refer to DNA manipulation as well.

Also, when I ponder what Moses might have witnessed on Mt. Sinai, the "burning bush" might easily have been a craft, or teleportation device, or some other technological rendering. Certainly more logical then some bush or tree that was ablaze. Due to my limited ability to comprehend something "supernatural" like that, I find this conclusion far more logical and probable.

It would be easy in today's technological terms to explain how the commandment stone tablets could have been created. But how would Moses have explained their creation to the people of that time?

The OT makes more than one reference to "chariots of fire" in the sky over many battles. My sense of logic (if any of these stories are true), leads me to believe the people, unable to comprehend ET, were describing alien craft in the best way they knew how. The fact that these people created idols to worship tells me they were pre-disposed or inclined towards worshipping something.

The parting of the Red Sea - If modern man saw the skies open, and the seas part, what conclusion would he draw? Yes, technology. he wouldn't have a hard time comprehending that we had developed a device that could do that, even without the need for a higher intelligence. So it's a relatively easy jump to conclude an alien craft could accomplish it.

I know little or nothing about the Annanaki (I've just not studied the subject), but I've pondered all the above and find these answers far easier to digest than the supernatural ones.

And yet, can I say I truly *believe* any of it? No. I have no more proof of these concepts than I do the interpretations in the bible. So until our *creator* pays a visit for all to see, we remain just possibility thinkers! (But it's dang fun, huh?)

Z-

StarLord

Hey Zoomerz, does that mean you don't believe that the Great Pumpkin is the patron saint of candy bars? ;->

Zoomerz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Hey Zoomerz, ?does that mean you don't believe that the Great Pumpkin is the patron saint of candy bars? ?;->[/b]

I could be convinced if I find a case of Carmello's in my trunk tonite....

deepthought

If mankind at a primitive stage of development, encountered beings of similar appearance, who had that ability to perform 'miraculous' events, might they not be perceived as 'Gods'? Is it not possible that alien visitors might just have had this effect? i.e. alien = god?

Is there need for a gulf? I suppose it depends on one's perspective.

Zoomerz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"deepthought\")</div>
If mankind at a primitive stage of development, encountered beings of similar appearance, who had that ability to perform 'miraculous' events, might they not be perceived as 'Gods'? Is it not possible that alien visitors might just have had this effect? i.e. alien = god?

Is there need for a gulf? I suppose it depends on one's perspective.[/b]

If we have no need of explaining existence itself, then no, there is no need for a gulf. However, you are then saying that the supreme being (the one entity that is responsible for everything) is the very ET that created man. You would also be saying that this God/ET is made of the same or similar physical/spiritual components, and thereby the same or similar limitations.

It is possible that a supreme being doesn't exist, and that universal energy, physics and biologies came into being randomly. But we don't like to consider this possibility because it diminishes our importance in the grand scheme we like to think exists. The grand purpose if you will.

So, if there is a purpose, then our existence (and ultimately the existence of everything) is not random, and the creator(s) of that purpose provided it's reality.

Ultimately, assuming we have a purpose, the logical conclusion is that there *is* a supreme being(s), and the idea that the creation contains the creator (ET=God), and that the creator is subject to the nature of the creation, doesn't seem to fit.

Which leads us to the final question in this line of thinking -

If ET=God of the Bible created us and is subject to the physics and biology of the universe(s), AND we have a purpose, then WHO OR WHAT CREATED ET=God of the Bible?

Z-

StarLord

Perhaps viewing this as a scale of negative and positive. There has to be some kind of interface between one extreme and the other, totally negative and totally positive, much the same as trying to mix antimatter and matter. Unless you can find a means to dilute or transmute the original, there is going to be either nothing left or a mass of confusion.

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Zoomerz\")</div>
?
If I have a belief, I would agree with you that the god of the bible is actually ET (whether Annanaki or not I don't know)...

...I know little or nothing about the Annanaki (I've just not studied the subject), but I've pondered all the above and find these answers far easier to digest than the supernatural ones...
[/b]

Z,
Don't waste time on the Annanaki. I've looked into that, there's nothing there.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Zoomerz\")</div>
Not only does the bible say that man was created in his image, but it also says that Eve was created from the *rib of Adam*, which could easily refer to DNA manipulation as well.

Also, when I ponder what Moses might have witnessed on Mt. Sinai, the \"burning bush\" might easily have been a craft, or teleportation device, or some other technological rendering. Certainly more logical then some bush or tree that was ablaze. Due to my limited ability to comprehend something \"supernatural\" like that, I find this conclusion far more logical and probable.

It would be easy in today's technological terms to explain how the commandment stone tablets could have been created. But how would Moses have explained their creation to the people of that time?

The OT makes more than one reference to \"chariots of fire\" in the sky over many battles. My sense of logic (if any of these stories are true), leads me to believe the people, unable to comprehend ET, were describing alien craft in the best way they knew how. The fact that these people created idols to worship tells me they were pre-disposed or inclined towards worshipping something.

The parting of the Red Sea - If modern man saw the skies open, and the seas part, what conclusion would he draw? Yes, technology. he wouldn't have a hard time comprehending that we had developed a device that could do that, even without the need for a higher intelligence. So it's a relatively easy jump to conclude an alien craft could accomplish it.

And yet, can I say I truly *believe* any of it? No. I have no more proof of these concepts than I do the interpretations in the bible. So until our *creator* pays a visit for all to see, we remain just possibility thinkers! (But it's dang fun, huh?)

Z- [/b]

Z,
I agree that trying to guess what was meant by the biblical authors can be fun, if viewed from an ET perspective. But I have just got to say this, you and several others on this board would laugh me offline if I told you I believe even half of what Fox news or CNN was broadcasting. Why are you open to the possibility that what these people are saying in the Bible has any validity at all? I know you are aware that the writing of the events post dates the supposed events by in some cases thousands of years. Isn't it much more likely that no "Chariots of Fire" were ever seen by anyone? Sure, it's fun but we could just as easily speculate that aliens removed the WMD's from Iraq. As far as I can tell, in either case you should take the position that some propaganda has been swallowed hook, line and sinker.

No offense. It's just that so many of you are so cynical in some threads but seem so naive in others.

Harte

PS, I'm one of those that tends to believe a lot of what I read and a lot of the news that you would say i am spoon-fed by Big Brother, but even I ain't fallin for this one.
H

StarLord

Harte,

This is where we thank our lucky Bippy and Yamelke that you are here. Of course, you have to agree that there will be some controversy over the spots where no one has bothered to debunk yet.

Pass the worms please.

Hey Zoomerz, you going to use that sinker my friend?

Zoomerz

Harte,

This is where we thank our lucky Bippy and Yamelke that you are here. ?Of course, you have to agree that there will be some controversy over the spots where no one has bothered to debunk yet.

Pass the worms please. ?

Hey Zoomerz, you going to use that sinker my friend?[/b]

You betcha! But I have an hour drive down the mountain (no, not sinai!), and it's Miller time, so H, ditto on Star's glad you're here comment, and I'll post my reply later tonite....

Z-

Harte

Harte,

This is where we thank our lucky Bippy and Yamelke that you are here. Of course, you have to agree that there will be some controversy over the spots where no one has bothered to debunk yet.

Pass the worms please.

Hey Zoomerz, you going to use that sinker my friend?[/b]

Starlord,
Just trying to live up to my skeptic title.

Don't pick on zoomerz, I fear I've said to much to him already.
Harte