Aliens Will Probably Be Machines, Not Little Green Men, Says SETI Expert

Num7

Administrator
Staff
What might aliens look like? That’s a question that has often been pondered, and normally people suggest little green men, giant heads, and so forth.

But Seth Shostak, director of the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI) institute in California, has suggested they might not look very normal at all. In fact, he thinks they might be more like machines, which seems to be a direction the human race is going too.

“Think what we’re gonna do in this century, which is invent thinking machines,” he said on the show StarTalk, hosted by Neil deGrasse Tyson. “The aliens have probably already done that, so the real aliens probably look like machines.”

Of course, he doesn’t mean that they’ll be walking, talking robots. Rather, he’s probably alluding to how in the not too distant future, many roles might be performed autonomously, by some form of artificial intelligence. Perhaps, further afield, he means that artificial intelligence is more likely to outlast its biological counterpart.

Shostak had lamented earlier that many UFO sightings always seem to portray aliens in the same way. And there’s a lot of them – 10,000 to 20,000 each year, said Shostak. He also said he gets a lot of calls from UFO enthusiasts himself.

Check out the video and Shostak’s comments below. Maybe don't read the comments on YouTube, though.

Source:
Aliens Will Probably Be Machines, Not Little Green Men, Says SETI Expert

BlastTyrant

A few experiencers have eluded to that as well, that the little grey's are actually machines like worker ants, while there are species of greys that are well i guess you can say flesh? I do believe that a mass majority are not machine though.

Itgoeson

I suspect any alien invasion will be in the form of their DNA seeking new planets to colonise. Why? because its cheap and the way I would do it. Over centuries thousands of small drones could be fired-off and set on random courses into deep space ... no need for crew, engines, gravity, life support or suspended animation because the DNA, being a molecule, and not a living cell can exist for 1,000's of years without either. Therefore time and distance to reach a suitable planet is not an issue even if the journey takes thousands of years. The chances of the drone finding such a planet would be by chance alone, as would it surviving planet-fall. If drone overcomes all the odds the DNA, if assisted to survive via an on-board AI 3D bio printer could be regenerated into whatever form it requires to dominate the planet's surface. The original builders may never know the outcome but so what - their species would have survived long after they themselves had gone extinct.

Carl Miller

Most of them are machines , but made
out of biological components. Robots so perfect to the extent of bearing their creator's consciousness.
They would be called probes. According to my take on the issue the Earth has already been 'invaded' by the ET dominance. Although most of us are still expecting a Hollywoodian descent on the Whitehouse lawn.
The Earth is under strick surveillance by ET force. This is done by the biological rayban eyed grey beings which once were considered by having come from the binary system of Zeta Reticuli. No, incredible as it may seem these ebes are hybrids and their creation or manufacture has something to do to the harvest in the fields where cattle parts are being taken in large proportion.
Well, at least i tried to be convincing...

Last edited:

Itgoeson

Thanks for sharing Carl - but your perception of reality only makes sense to an intellect at our current level of earthly understanding. So does your belief there are levels of higher and lower orders of aliens - why ? because truly advanced intelligent beings do not need subservient lower orders (robot hybrids or otherwise) to serve under them ... if they did they would be just another doomed-to-inevitable-extinction race of masters and slaves. Didn't work for us did it ... otherwise we would all still be Romans and speaking Latin. Humanity has lasted this long without being overrun ... have no doubt it's not us that should be worried about them - it's them who need to fear when we invade their planets ... and there's nothing they can do to stop us.

Carl Miller

(y)@Itgoeson
Sunshine, for what u first posted we are convinced that you are wise, but behold of too much wisdom!
When u see someone stating blatantly the expression. =
'I am sure of that, without a shadow of a doubt!!!'

Beware of this expression.

I had been watching a shadow entity furtively darting out of view when i turned to look straight at him.
One night i decided to face whatever or whoever playing the cat and rat with me. As it tried to sneak away once again i plucked up courage and said defying it.
"Grotesque doggone sneaking phantom of living or even may it be from the Shadow Land" I summoned angrily.
"I defy you in the name of a dirty magic craft i learned to apply to outworldy entities" " Who are you, demon or spirit of plants???"

I was screaming evidently to dispell my fearfulness away, but i thought shouting at it would make it submissive to my orders.
Then i got stupified while my late much loved deceased uncle, the one who loved dancing, appeared from that black cloudy amorphous thing.

"It had been me all the time, Carl." He explained.
"But understand, uncle, i was obliged to treat u badly, why didn't you show yourself as you are. I thought you were a shadow person. " I reply much more at ease.
And i went on. "At least now i know shadow people are only undefined deceased Family folks".
He darted out of view after having heard that.

Ok, from what u see, my uncle did not appear as a trombone blatanting. This is too bad cause lately i have been suspicious when i have to undress myself.

Last edited:

Itgoeson

Sorry to have ruffled your feathers Carl ... I know what its like to be 'adopted' by a evil entity ... I finally got rid of it by mentally willing it onto someone else, more 'deserving' of its attentions host. 'It' will only stay while you are paying attention to it. ... the worst thing 'it' hates is you laughing at it. Above all, please keep taking your medication.