Another haunting in my room?

SavannahR

Okay my iPod radio goes on automatically. Not the radio, the songs on my iPod.
This has happened before. The timing of it isn't the same as the last time. This hasn't happened repeatedly ( day after day )

It's rather impossible for it to play by itself if there are vibrations or any movement. I have tested it.
I have tested out everything. There is no alarm or timer on this radio. There is no alarm set on my iPod.
The radio iPod is in good condition, there aren't any problems with it. No errors or such when I try to play it.

NOW onto the paranormal part;;
After this had happened I heard a scraping against my wall, it sounded like plastic being rubbed my wall. It's very hard to describe this sound..

I tested it out. Went to see if my fan blew any plastic or similar objects against my wall. No plastic or anything near a wall.

Went to see if my cats were in the room.. They were asleep in my living room.

I do not live near any houses that are right next to each other. We are spaced out.

-

Now I've had paranormal experiences before in my bedroom. I believe it was a poltergeist. I had heard a growl. Now this growl didn't sound like any animal or human would make. It sounded like a mixture of things.. Very odd correct? Well when this happened my cat was with me, I was laying in my bed, she laying next to me. Right when this noise had happened my cat had heard it, jumping up she went to see where it came from. She peered over my bed, at the end of it, and ran right back to me. I had also been seeing misty like forms in my bedroom across my walls, the color of this was a grayish color. That event with the growl and the mist happened last year.
-

Now before you think DEMONS I've had no harm to me or anyone in my household, no 3 scratches, no religious items disappearing or being turn upside down. No harm, verbal or psychical. No possession. Nothing of that matter.

I am not so sure if this spirit is back or if it is a new one..

Now this is what my father believes is why this spirit is here;

My father had been leaving out food for animals for the past few days. My father believes that him doing that could've lured in spirits. Personally to me it sounds ridiculous but I'm still young and not as exposed in the paranormal like my father is/was.

Things have gone missing, a pill bottle and a bag of candy ( I know when my dad mentioned the candy I did laugh )

-

In the past my father has experienced paranormal activity. He had once witnessed a exorcism when he was younger, nothing major like the movies. With the levitation and such like Hollywood likes to assume of every exorcism. He is a sensitive, though he is a very very weak one.

He can sense evil in a person, it sounds odd.. But he can... He can usually pin point a person out who is satanic just by feeling their presence. Again it sounds odd.. I'm not familiar with sensitives again I'm a young person who is still ignorant in the paranormal life.

-

I am not sure if this spirit is the same. When my father was younger when he had lived in the same house we live in today. His set of keys had gone missing. Completely vanished. He prayed and prayed so hard. He heard a crashing hit to the floor.. And there were his keys... Yes.. Very odd and personally, scary

-

Another add on, my father had prayed very hard one night. That night he prayed for his forgiveness for him leaving his faith. Then I get a strong scent of a rose smell.. It's very hard to explain this smell. It smells of flowers and a old smell, sorta like how church smells. If you understand that. If not i'm sorry that I cannot describe it so you can understand it more clearly.
Now I had tested this out; I smelled my perfumes, none of them smell like that. Not even close. I went ran upstairs to my living room scared, I ask if my great-grandmother was alright. And she was. The smell reminded me of her.

Why do you think that happened with the smell..?

But most importantly... What is going on in my house?

-EDITED; I am not religious person.. I'm still trying to find what religion is meant for me.. I'm very open minded but Catholicism or Christianity isn't for me.. I think I'm a Buddhist, I seem to be more attached to it.

Loopi

The Bearded One
There's alot it could be. My Ipod/Stereo did the samething from time to time, it actually turned out to be the voltage coming from the outlet, because the wiring was old and outdated. I replaced the outlet haven't had a problem since.
The smell could be anything? Cat got into flowers or perfume perhaps?
As for the sounds it really depends for example in my house, the water heater kicks on it sounds EXACTLY like someone walking down the hall way.

I don't want to dismiss paranormal activity... I've just seen alot of things regarding peoples mind playing tricks on them. But I've also seen things that are truely baffling, where objects have been moved on their own, as well temperature drops in a very small space, with no vents or drafts, personally. It is quite unhinging.

You have to see what you can prove... whats real and what your mind is twisting? I would recommend Video/Audio recording to start the investigation. Feel free to post your evidence here, We'd be happy to examine it for you.

Octavusprime

Ghosts often haunt a particular place so there is a good chance that it is the same spirit from your dads childhood. The fact that it responds negatively to prayer makes me wonder if it is a spirit or something more.

Whatever you do don't fear, it will only make it worse. I agree with loopi, try to record it.

BlastTyrant

I agree with Loopi the best thing you can ever do with Hauntings is document them, Make note of times and days when stuff happens, you can get a Recorder for fairly cheap "just make sure it is USB compatable so you can plug anything you find into your pc. You can also get Digital Cameras for really cheap these days and that will be your Main source of evidence. Try to talk to it and find out what it wants.

spooky2

There's alot it could be. My Ipod/Stereo did the samething from time to time, it actually turned out to be the voltage coming from the outlet, because the wiring was old and outdated. I replaced the outlet haven't had a problem since.
The smell could be anything? Cat got into flowers or perfume perhaps?
As for the sounds it really depends for example in my house, the water heater kicks on it sounds EXACTLY like someone walking down the hall way.

I don't want to dismiss paranormal activity... I've just seen alot of things regarding peoples mind playing tricks on them. But I've also seen things that are truely baffling, where objects have been moved on their own, as well temperature drops in a very small space, with no vents or drafts, personally. It is quite unhinging.

You have to see what you can prove... whats real and what your mind is twisting? I would recommend Video/Audio recording to start the investigation. Feel free to post your evidence here, We'd be happy to examine it for you.
If you rule out every possible thing then what you have left is unexplained possible paranormal activity. Have you tried setting up a camera in your room while you sleep in area where stuff happens? Maybe also try recording some evp's. Might find some answers that way.

spooky2

I agree with Loopi the best thing you can ever do with Hauntings is document them, Make note of times and days when stuff happens, you can get a Recorder for fairly cheap "just make sure it is USB compatable so you can plug anything you find into your pc. You can also get Digital Cameras for really cheap these days and that will be your Main source of evidence. Try to talk to it and find out what it wants.
You can also use a double auido jack cable run from head phone on recorder to mic on pc you have to set your mic to listen mode to hear it on pc. You can use Audiocity free audio program to record it to pc and even use tools to slow down an area to better understand what is said or amplify an area to hear it better.