Debate Apocalyptic Likely/Unlikely

kcwildman

Beastmaster
The scenarios that are the most likely to happen are those we usually don't think about.

I remember reading theories of killer plants that would pretty much attack us. These theories didn't consider a plant that would kill all other plants we feed on and leave us starving. I think that's a great doomsday scenario that sounds crazy at first, but not at all if you think about it.

while I have yet to learn of a plant that could actually eat a human. maybe if a venus fly-trap got really big... oh yeah,,, feed me ha ha (little shop of horrors)

oh yeah the day of the triffids a movie about killer plants

Monsanto Terminator Technology -- Worldwide Famine & Starvation

it's been reported that some of the GMO crops do cross pollinate near by fields rendering the seeds of both fields sterile... the name given these crops when I first read of it was (terminator) seeds. this could in fact kill off all the future food supply, and was the main point of the report I read

much like you said 7 the more I pondered the whole plant thing it wouldn't to much of a stretch for the GMO mutant plants to develop a self defense against it's attackers.. namely us plant eating humans, or bugs, animals as well as fungus or even mold. I mean isn't that one of the goals of the GMO stuff? to come up with more hearty crops.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
It's all so up in the air. Humans are capable of a devastating war, but are they stupid enough to follow through with it? Also, a devastating war may end life as we know it, but it would not destroy the planet. Earth is capable of recycling itself. It doesn't need humanity to exist. So, in my opinion, "the end times" and "the end of the world" equal lifestyle changes, not the planet exploding.
This reminds me of a television show I'm watching, but I'll make a new thread.

Derrick C.

Man has come too far to be wiped out by anything.
World War 3 - total destruction in the towns and cities but plenty of folk would survive in country.
Disease - There are always a small percentage of people with natural immunities, just look at AIDS and cancer.
Big 9 miler crashing through the atmosphere in a global extinction event; Enough people will get underground to survive. Apparently some of these bases are large enough to house a million people.
.. and of course our DNA would survive in our Alien hybrid brothers ;)

not nessisarily snake, i like your optimistic attitude, but lets be honest were a viloent race and with every country having nukes, including soon Iran, its inevitable a nuclear WWIII is in our future

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
Man has come too far to be wiped out by anything.
World War 3 - total destruction in the towns and cities but plenty of folk would survive in country.
Disease - There are always a small percentage of people with natural immunities, just look at AIDS and cancer.
Big 9 miler crashing through the atmosphere in a global extinction event; Enough people will get underground to survive. Apparently some of these bases are large enough to house a million people.
.. and of course our DNA would survive in our Alien hybrid brothers ;)

not nessisarily snake, i like your optimistic attitude, but lets be honest were a viloent race and with every country having nukes, including soon Iran, its inevitable a nuclear WWIII is in our future

Yes Derrick millions will die, then over the next century millions more will die from starvation, disease and fallout but millions will not be effected also. South America will be relatively untouched and Australia and Scandinavia might be good places to avoid the destruction. There will always be survivors and from World War 3 probably millions or billions :)

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
Hoping for something supernatural such like zombies, demons, or dragons something that everyone doubted would happen.

You wouldn't if they suddenly turned up.

'..and the dead shall walk the earth' I too am interested as to what this prediction from the Revelation actually will mean.