Are you ready for 2012?

Samstwitch

Many experts say the power grid could be knocked out for weeks or months from Solar flares or a Solar kill shot in 2012. This would have disastrous effects, because our world is totally dependant on electricity. Experts warn us to prepare. Think of the thousands of people who have already died in the past 2 years from disasters around the world, i.e., earthquakes, tsunamis, hurricanes, etc. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

I suggest storing canned food (check the expiration dates), water, meds, and emergency supplies. "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." Get to know your neighbors. Start a Neighborhood Watch.

This already happened in 1859, but the world was not dependant on electricity back then. Watch this video for more information on 2012.

Jesse Ventura investigates 2012:

If you're interested in Prophecy, check out this thread HERE.

JasperMoon

Well, if it happens in the spring or summer, I live in the country. I probably would be okay. I've been without power lots of times before. But if it's fall going into winter, that's another whole ball game. We'll need to buy a generator.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
well its always best to have the tools needed to servive with out any modern stuff at all that means no power at all so you best have some things to cut wood with hand powered tools and a way to cook stuff like iron pots and pans you best know how to build a charcole filter device too and have a way to hunt for food like traps or bows and arrows, fishing stuff learn to live in the past or you will die off in just a short while after the power goes off.. this is one of the things my grandpa was very pissed off about.. he use to say all the time that man has gone so far into the future he can no longer servive in the past. you might want to buy some books on how to live with only your hands and the tools you can make your self.... its time to wake up now boys and girls
damn good topic here Sam thanks for starting it :)

titorite

. you might want to buy some books on how to live with only your hands and the tools you can make your self.... its time to wake up now boys and girls
damn good topic here Sam thanks for starting it :)

IT has always been my contention that the best thing a survivalist can stockpile is usable knowledge. Your guns, your food, your water, all that can be stolen and your life made forfeit by someone elses desperation. But if you're the only doctor in town that knows how to set broken bones and what herbs help with clotting or headaches and what not... well you become alot more valuable then and alot less likely to be a target of desperation.

I am no doctor but I do know about the above. Even better though I know how to cure desperation through hard work and high yield results. Minimal water to grow maximum harvest. How to ferment and distill with limited resources. How to organize people and utilize their best skills.

I stockpile knowledge.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
agreed the most effective weapon you have is your mind and it is also the most valued tool you can have those who can live by there witts will be the leaders of the fallen world they will rebuild it and teach others to stay alive

I honestly haven't given much thought to it, there are things much coser home, more concerete, thn projecting about a moment in time when who knows what will happen when things I have to deal with will have an impact on my life span in the immediate future, which in retrospect, might be easier.

Samstwitch

That old saying, "An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure." Today it's not commonly used. The old ways have been forgotten.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Samstwitch said:
Don't miss the Chat Tonight! Subject: 2012 Apocalypse, Begins at 5 PM EST, 8 PM PST

It starts at 8:30 PM EST, as announced in the top right corner of the site.

Samstwitch

It starts at 8:30 PM EST, as announced in the top right corner of the site.

Sorry, I posted the PST and EST times backwards. I was trying to fix them, but I'm having serious technical problems on Paranormalis. It wouldn't let me edit or delete anything. Then I couldn't log out. Then I couldn't log in. Now it won't post this message, says "Server didn't respond"

Don't know why I'm having this trouble today. :( Is anyone else having tech problems? I'm running a scan on my computer now to check.