Are you ready for 2012?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I think the forum's web hosting provider had issues earlier, sorry for that.

Things appear to be back to normal now.

themanwithn0name

Being a time traveler (no really) I already know whats going to happen in December

But I do look forward to the epic drinking and partying that will go on

HDRKID

I believe John Titor said that manual typewriters are big in 2036. This is interesting to me. Like he spoke of the absence of the the planetary power grid and all things are local now. Fukushima explains why people want to grow their own. Also we see an economic crisis. It is on going.

TAKEN FROM http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012-01-07/obama-insourcing-jobs/52431472/1
Rep. Nan Hayworth, delivering the Republican address, said the jobs report showed the difficulty that many Americans face in finding work. Hayworth said the unemployment rate has remained above 8 percent for 35 straight months, "the longest such stretch since the Great Depression" of the 1930s.

Peregrini

I am as ready for 2012 as I was for 2011 and all the years prior and as I will be for 2013 and all the years God sees fit to allow me after.
I have posted a few "ideas" about 2012. It's entertaining to consider the possibilities but in reality, something some people are not a part of, if it is the year mankind (and womankind) endure an ELE, what do you really think you can prepare for?
I see posts urging you to stockpile food and water. Great idea. Where are you going to put it? If your storage area is in an area destroyed in the ELE...well oopsy. Guess it's OK because you will probably be dead anyway.
A couple of the posters have it right. YOU must become self sufficient.
If you can't live off the land, learn how. I'm not just talking about your own garden and canning. I'm talking about eating bugs and snakes, and cats and dogs, whatever it takes to keep you and what family you may have been able to save, alive.
Learn how to clean up drinking water from what you may now consider disgusting sources and where to find it to begin with. In reality, you are NOT likely to have a nice neat row of gallons of bottled water at the ready.
I think some people see surviving something as devastating as an ELE through 'rose colored glasses' that Hollywood puts on them.
I don't consider loss of the power grid and having no power for a long period of time anywhere close to an ELE. I grew up in a period where I had to make my own noises for my fire trucks and airplanes. I will easily make do without electricity.
Acquire weapons and learn how to use them. No, I'm not telling you to become or even join a militia group. A few handguns, rifles, and especially a shotgun and reloading supplies (shotgun shells can be reloaded by hand no need for a machine) . Knives and even swords are important, they don't run out of ammo, as well as bows and arrows. All these things can help you hunt as well as defend yourself.
Divide your cache into several 30 - 50 pound backpacks, lighter ones for kids if you have any small ones. Divide your packs up between different areas. Hopefully some if not most or all will be available later. Each large one should have the items you would need to acquire food, not your breakfast, lunch, and dinner for a week or month, like you can order for a ridiculous price on the internet. ( Talk about profiting off panic)
Well, I don't want to try to make this a survival guide, just some food for though. Don't buy that crap off the internet unless you just want to live for another week or month. Put together your own pack from items you can buy much cheaper at Farm and Fleet, Cabelas, and even Walmart.
As a closing thought...I really doubt 2012 will be any different from all the years preceding it. There will be floods, tornados, earth quakes, tsunamis, political turmoil, and anything else you wish to include. Nothing out of the norm. I only worry (a little bit) about the possibility of the disaster being a self fulfilling prophecy brought on by panic by the weak minded. When the lead lemmings head for that cliff...the others unwittingly follow. My close at hand preparation is toward defending against rioters and looters.
Happy New Year, Best wishes, and Good Luck.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
I have to agree with Peregrini here. stuff will happen some good and some bad, but this year will be much the same as the last one I don't think any one day in Dec. will be any big deal or signal the starting of any major change...

HDRKID

2012 is not the end, but rather the beginning of something new. World does not end this year. Still, this decade has many challenges for us. Mostly, I have seen events of the future during remote viewing. Often these are scary scenes. For example, we see masses of people scouring among some ruins. They are searching for scarce resources.

Debunkers claim that everything is fine and we do not need to worry. Basically, ontological shock is being forced to call into question one's own world view. People, we live in a very massive universe. Things are beyond what we can even imagine.

Perhaps, we can see what is coming. Most cannot make the psychological adjustment that is necessary. Few understand the future that awaits us. However, we must begin to prepare. That is if we wish to increase our ability to survive.

Samstwitch

2012 is not the end, but rather the beginning of something new. World does not end this year. Still, this decade has many challenges for us. Mostly, I have seen events of the future during remote viewing. Often these are scary scenes. For example, we see masses of people scouring among some ruins. They are searching for scarce resources.

Debunkers claim that everything is fine and we do not need to worry. Basically, ontological shock is being forced to call into question one's own world view. People, we live in a very massive universe. Things are beyond what we can even imagine.

Perhaps, we can see what is coming. Most cannot make the psychological adjustment that is necessary. Few understand the future that awaits us. However, we must begin to prepare. That is if we wish to increase our ability to survive.

Posters can learn how to survive by watching Reality Show "The Colony": A MUST-SEE Post-Apocalyptic Experiment (click on the green for the link)

HDRKID

Lifeboats exist for a reason. Debunkers prefer to say - everything is fine and you are a nut case.

Brace for impact is what I say.

120114103149-italy-ship-horizontal-gallery.jpg