Arizona Man Releases ‘Chupacabras’ Pictures

Paranormalis

Think outside the mind
CAMP VERDE, Ariz. — A man in central Arizona submitted the images on Monday of what he believes could be the carcass of a “Chupacabras”.

1.jpg

The man says he was hiking this area when he found the caves. Credit: Christopher J. Kubash

Christopher J. Kubash, a 31-year-old seasonal resort employee, told Cryptozoology News that he was hiking in the Arizona wilderness when he came upon the body inside a cave last Friday.

“I decided to do a little off trail exploring. I was about a half of a mile off the trail when I found some really well preserved centuries old cliff dwellings built into the natural caves,” he said. “I took my time exploring each dwelling in detail when I came to one small room isolated from the rest. I shined my flashlight inside and could see something lying in the corner,” he added.

What he found, he says, was the carcass of an unidentified creature that was “almost perfectly mummified”.

“Except for its tail,” he explains. “The tail was decomposed down to bare bones.”

3.jpg

A few entries to different caves in Camp Verde. Credit: Christopher J. Kubash

Kubash says that the air in the cave was “so stale and putrid”, that he had only a few seconds to snap a few photographs of the dead animal before running out of the cave.

“I ran out, grasping for fresh air. I came close to vomiting.”

Reportedly, Kubash then quickly went to his vehicle and left the area.

The photographs, submitted to Cryptozoology News, show the unidentified body of an animal laying inside a cave.

Kubash says that the main feature that called his attention was the “abnormally long legs”.

kubash-chupacabras-body-3.jpg

“Its legs look like those of a Kangaroo”. Credit: Christopher J. Kubash

“They looked like kangaroo legs. It also had a long slender body with a tail almost just as long, short front arms and legs and a small head sitting on a stocky neck. There were also a few tufts of spiky grey hairs on the back of its head and between its shoulders. It was approximately 3 or 4 feet in length and appeared to be as preserved as a mummy,” he explained.

He says its “demon-like head, long legs and tail almost as long as the body” make him believe it could be the body of the infamous Chupacabras.

kubash-chupacabras-body-2.jpg

“Its demon-like head” reminded Kubash of a Chupacabras. Credit: Christopher J. Kubash

The Chupacabras, from Spanish “the goat sucker” is a cryptid believed to have made its first appearance in Puerto Rico in the mid-’90s. The unproven animal was the focus of controversy when a series of cattle mutilations showed up in the unincorporated territory of the United States and spreading to places such as Maine, Chile and Russia. Eyewitnesses describe it as a biped with reptilian features. Most sightings in the United States have been established as canids –domestic dogs, wolves, jackals, coyotes, dingoes– affected by the mange disease.

In 2004, a San Antonio rancher shot and killed a hairless creature he claimed was attacking his livestock. The animal, quickly named the Elmendorf Beast, was determined to be a coyote with sarcoptic mange when a sample of its DNA was reportedly analyzed at the University of California.

But Kubash, a hiker with 4 years of experience in the wilderness who prefers to keep the body’s location “a secret for now” in order to “preserve the specimen and the cave itself”, says he spoke with numerous local biologists and were unable to come to a conclusive identification of the carcasss.

“Red Rock Search and
Rescue out of Las Vegas has expressed interest in me leading them back to the carcass,” he said.
He tells Cryptozoology News that he will send more updates as the expedition unfolds.

Camp Verde, located in Yavapai County, is home to Montezuma Castle National Monument and has a population of 11,000.

The post Arizona Man Releases ‘Chupacabras’ Pictures appeared first on Cryptozoology News.