Ask away...

WTF

Re: Ask away...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Jesus was in India and Tibet learning from other Masters those 16 years.

Sorry, I hope this truth does not upset you either.[/b]

...wasn't it after Jesus questioned the Indian caste system that he fled to Tibet to learn from the Buhddist Masters?

Eutychus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"WTF\")</div>
...wasn't it after Jesus questioned the Indian caste system that he fled to Tibet to learn from the Buhddist Masters?[/b]

I would really appreciate some references on this line of thought. A monotheistic Jew, the oldest son of the family, leaves a culture that has for hundreds of years identified itself by its special relationship with Yahweh to study with monks who have little or no appreciation of this history. I find it hard to swallow sans supportive evidence.

Jesus' foster father, Joseph, was a carpenter. Jesus would, by tradition, take up his father's trade. When Joseph died, it would fall to Jesus as the eldest son to take care of the family. Jesus had younger siblings, some of whom were female. He would be unable to leave this family obligation and set out on his own mission in life until his sisters were safely married off. Nazareth was not an affluent community. Jesus probably just got by, caring for his family. In this process he likely relied upon Yahweh to provide for the family in various ways. A need presents itself, he prays about the need, and someone comes to his shop asking him to repair something, the cost of doing such meeting the need of his family. Do you really think that someone who had to rely on Yahweh as he must have and who probably learned first hand how faith operates and what it can accomplish would chuck it all in and go after an unfamiliar philosophy that might or might not be as trustworthy? Also, as I said earlier, Nazareth was not affluent. There was no such thing as frequent flyer miles back then and India wasn't just a hop, skip and jump across the Red Sea. The thought of Jesus, the rabbi, taking a sabbatical to follow monks who didn't even know the Hebrew's God, just seems a little far fetched.

God is REAL

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
First off, Go Google \"Jesus In Tibet\" you will see I did not make this up. There is pretty good evidence he was there preserved in Sanscrit. Second It matters little to me what you believe, that's your karma not mine.

Blindly believing in a book that has been rewritten more times that you can guess is up to you. Jesus was a jew and had nothing to do with Christanity for that came years after he was murdered.

Tell me, how do you explain Buddah, Mohammad and Quetzalquatl? Were they merely party crashers???[/b]

Yeeeaaaa..... i dont blindly believe in it, i actually read it and it makes sense, and u cant possibly prove the Bible has been rewrittten cause there is as much evidense of it being not rewritten as it has for your accusation.

and tell me this did any of those guys get beaten and kill by the pple they came to help, and about christianity in my opinion shouldnt of even been formed, cause Jesus came to save us not to make a new religion.

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Eutychus\")</div>
I would really appreciate some references on this line of thought. A monotheistic Jew, the oldest son of the family, leaves a culture that has for hundreds of years identified itself by its special relationship with Yahweh to study with monks who have little or no appreciation of this history. I find it hard to swallow sans supportive evidence.

Jesus' foster father, Joseph, was a carpenter. Jesus would, by tradition, take up his father's trade. When Joseph died, it would fall to Jesus as the eldest son to take care of the family. Jesus had younger siblings, some of whom were female. He would be unable to leave this family obligation and set out on his own mission in life until his sisters were safely married off. Nazareth was not an affluent community. Jesus probably just got by, caring for his family. In this process he likely relied upon Yahweh to provide for the family in various ways. A need presents itself, he prays about the need, and someone comes to his shop asking him to repair something, the cost of doing such meeting the need of his family. Do you really think that someone who had to rely on Yahweh as he must have and who probably learned first hand how faith operates and what it can accomplish would chuck it all in and go after an unfamiliar philosophy that might or might not be as trustworthy? Also, as I said earlier, Nazareth was not affluent. There was no such thing as frequent flyer miles back then and India wasn't just a hop, skip and jump across the Red Sea. The thought of Jesus, the rabbi, taking a sabbatical to follow monks who didn't even know the Hebrew's God, just seems a little far fetched.[/b]

Even Jews realize that they do not have the market cornered when it comes to faith and religion. I will say this though, from my readings, the Jewish faith comes very close to what I would term 'some very good answers'. I often will discuss religious theory with one of my best friends, he's Jewish.

We discuss things like perhaps the World was 'mocked up' to appear 'old' when in reality real "consciousness" is only about 2500 years old. Before that soul was not really able to appreciate or work with the concepts of a Supreme Being like Yaweh. We also discuss a 'possibility' that jesus was frownd upon by the jewish priests because he was going around misusing his god given 'gifts' / abilities healing, turning water into wine things of that nature. Those ideas come from Jewish schollars written in hebrew not english.

Many things are possible for people that have decided to become a "Seeker" and it matters little from what faith they started from. It's perhaps the mark of a very wise person to go out and actively search others faiths for truths that may not be obvious in their own writings. Take for instance the Kabbalah. I myself am very facinated by it. Yet I am not Jewish. I actively seek those that are familliar and understand it better than I to see if they will help me to understand it better. God is for the hungry in my humble opinion.
Nor would we ever be punished if we chosr to travel outside our circle to learn from others to see how God and Spirit has manifested itself for them and what they have observed.

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"God is REAL\")</div>
Yeeeaaaa..... i dont blindly believe in it, i actually read it and it makes sense, and u cant possibly prove the Bible has been rewrittten cause there is as much evidense of it being not rewritten as it has for your accusation.

and tell me this did any of those guys get beaten and kill by the pple they came to help, and about christianity in my opinion shouldnt of even been formed, cause Jesus came to save us not to make a new religion.[/b]

Well, lets see. The old testament started in Early Arimaic, from there to Greek, from Greek to Latin, from Latin to the other languages.

If it was me & I wanted to know what was really written, I would take the time to learn Hebrew and read the Torah and the other Jewish works. Why? because the meanings in hebrew have changed the least in the last 2000 some years. Whereas Greek and Latin are somewhat dead languages and you would be hard pressed to find folks that could help you in truly understanding the real INTENT of what was written rather than just a translated word. Or try to find one of the best Translations by A Jewish Rabbi.

Sorry, I do not trust the bible for there have been far to many hands in that pot. Esp the New testament. Do you know how many books have been taken out of the Bible? Where is the Book of Moses??

If you do your own research on Sidartha Guttama(sp?) / Buddah / Mohammad, Quetzalquatl you find that there may be parallels to those that come here to uplift the consciousness of the time.

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"God is REAL\")</div>
those 16 yrs aren't recorded because they aren't important compared to the last years of His life where the teaching really began, and the world rejects Him as God cause sin has a strong hold on them.

i hope your not to mad at the truth:)[/b]

GiR,

You also are incorrect. The reason those years aren't in the Bible is because the only writings we have concerning Jesus's childhood record some rather disturbing incidents that the early church leaders didn't want in their book. It didn't fit in with what they wanted to say in their new cult.

This is a perfectly reasonable thing, by the way. Just because a story is ancient doesn't make it true or even desireable.

I know you don't want to hear it, but the vast majority of the Bible was written hundreds of years (sometimes thousands of years) after the fact of the events being described. Under such circumstances, of course one would want to pick and choose among the various writings, perhaps selecting the ones you happen to believe to be true. The problem is, making such a decision is rather random given the difficulty of conducting rigorous research in the 2nd century A.D.

Harte

Felic--

Felic-- wow thnx for bashing my grammer on the internet, sorry that i hate typing and i dont take my time word checking all the stuff i type, and dude stop getting pissed off at wat i believe in, i respect the stuff u say and u go and disrespect me, see that excactly wat im saying here, u get pissed off wen u hear the truth cause u dont want to admit it, and by the way there is no possible way u can disprove God, but i do admit there is no 100% way i can prove He exsists, but it still doesnt stop me from living life and bashing on pple who dont care that they have every single sentence correct.

What is there to hate about typing? You are only cutting a few letters out of your words; there's little difference in the amount you type. I wasn't bashing you, just giving you advice. People will respond more positively to high quality language.

I'm not pissed off about what you believe in, its your failure to engage in the argument that you initiated that irritates me.

There are very sketchy historical indications towards the validity of these kind of claims, but they are certainly not things that should be taken as fact. On my side of the argument, there is growing evidence that Jesus suffered from a personality disorder which would explain his dillusions about being a prophet of 'God', but it is so sketchy as yet that I don't try to tout it as fact. From my point of view, there is little point in arguing about Jesus at all.

God is REAL

ok, so basically everyone in this thread thinks im crazy right, o well, i mean im only 16 and ive got a lot of time to grow both mentally and spiritually, but startlord ur views do interest me, i just hope no body here took anything personal and hates me for it.

gomp

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"JasperMoon\")</div>
How do we know God is real?

For those of you who consider yourself an atheist, I am not trying to push God down your throat, but only to see if my suggestion really works for you or any other person asking this question.

This is my suggestion for those who are asking if God truly exists.

1. Find a nice quiet spot somewhere where you can \"communicate\" either in your head or out loud. Make it a place where you will not be disrupted or disturbed by another person or the phone for a few moments. Remember you want to be communicating with God, if He exists.

2. Then ask, God, if you really do exist, in the name of Jesus Christ who is the savior, I ask you to find a perfect way to let me know without any doubt in my mind, heart, and soul any longer that you are indeed for real. Anything you can do that will truly let me know you exist, and I will accept your answer.

3. Then go about your days calmly and as you would normally go about your days. Forget about your \"prayer\" to God and let it work. This may take a few days, who knows, or a few minutes--which it can sometimes do. Hopefully, though, it won't take too long for you to be answered somehow.

4. I assure you. You will receive your answer. Be receptive and just let it happen. If it is yes, great. If it is no, then that is for you to decide. But let me know if you, indeed, hear from God after your \"prayer.\"

5. Good Luck! Remember the Apostle Paul's experience on the Road to Damascus. Hope yours is as extraordinary. :)[/b]

I did that once long ago
and got no answer, I had never felt what other people in Church had felt.
then I spent some time in jail. I met people who's lives where alot harder than mine and sat in on some of there prayer circles
I prayed again for the first time in years in jail. Not to get out, not to have all my problems go away, but I asked God to give me some heads up on when and how I would be getting out.
And he told me.
Now I still have some unsettled issues with the Bible, but hey the romans and King James changed the Bible to control people.
so yeah I dont know, jsut felt like I should share my oppinion

JasperMoon

Then ask in the name of Allah or Muhammed or Buddha. It doesn't matter. If you are a Christian then Jesus. It is as I said. Just ask God and no body else if you cannot accept any one of these people, names, entities or whatever. It's only an exercise. If it works, then you will know. If it doesn't then you will know, too, God either exists or He doesn't. Let me ask you this question, see if you can help me with finding the answer, How can we know the Devil exists or not? I would assume it is the same way. Is this reply a wee bit better, religiouswise, for you? Like I said, I do not wish to offend anyone. Just use it as a kind of meditation, exercise and see what happens.