Astronaut says Roswell was real and that we've been contacted by aliens

Mudpuppy

Astronaut says Roswell was real and that we've been contacted by aliens

Date: Thursday, July 24, 2008

This forwarded from one of my friends at MUFON LA. Did you know that Dr. Mitchell grew up in Roswell, New Mexico?

you can listen to Mitchell here:

Some highlights from the video:

"There's quite a bit of contact going on..." "...the Roswell crash was real..."​

On disclosure: "...the amount of disinformation...seems to be decreasing..."​

On his personal safety for going public "...I don't think they're knocking people off for that anymore..."​

"...if they were hostile, we'd be gone by now..."
---
No doubt my inbox will be flooded with the usual "you're losing credibility by reporting this stuff.." and other responses that will go to the heart of denial, but is what Edgar Mitchell says is true, your government and mine has been lying to us for 60-years about what's arguably the biggest story in recorded history - off planet contact.​

No, I'm not saying it's so - please don't confuse the messenger with the message on this stuff. There are lots of possibilities, not the least of which was outlined in "A Report from Iron Mountain on the accessibility and desirability of peace" that creation and disclosure of 'aliens' would be a dandy population control mechanism. On the other hand, if what Mitchell says is true, then government has been lying - and that brings up the question "What else might they be lying about?"
---
The pictures that come in are pretty much continuous. A reader sent some which were taken up in the Sedona Arizona area several weeks back. But, having misplaced those, it's not like you can't find plenty of pictures of them. Like this set from Australia.​

Was the Russian crash of a UFO in 1969 real? Or, was it a crash of back-engineered technology?​

I haven't made up my mind on the topic yet, but as usual, I'll try to sort through what 'facts' can be distinguished and Mitchell's claims might be considered another significant step on the road to disclosure.​

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: Astronaut Says Roswell Was Real and We Have Been Contacted By Aliens

Wow, that's amazing, the host didn't believe it, he was totaly astonished.
That's from an important person, a well known guy.
At least, they aren't hostile, because like the guess said, they would have destroyed us already.
I wonder what's their true purpose then, and what kind of stuff they're still hiding. (Are the ETs controling gov, etc)

Thanks for posting this, that's a great interview.

Num7

Mudpuppy

Yes. I was listening to another astronaut on Coast To Coast the other night and he said that they used a type of code speak when they talked to NASA so that the public wouldn't understand. They would let them know when they were seeing UFOs outside the window but say it in technobabble. Amazing that this is all coming out.

You asked what they want? Well, there are about 57 different species visiting currently and they all have separate agendas. The Grey's, however, the ones that are most talked about are here for DNA purposes. They been trying to genetically alter themselves by splicing our DNA with theirs. Unfortunately, it hasn't worked so far and their race is going extinct. The only way they could get what they need is to agree to incarnate as a human but neither they nor the reptilians are willing to do that. They're trying to "cheat" God, if you will by getting what they need without going through the human experience. So, that is basically their story.

Here is another expert testifying to his involvement with the many different alien species.

Edit: I'd disregard the part of the video which has the pictures. I'm not really sure how valid those are. They're not from credible sources.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

It's strange to see serious people talking about ETs. They seem to be very serious about what they're saying.
Do you know the Dulce base, can it really exists ?

That's interesting, perhaps it's just the beginning.

Num7

Mudpuppy

Yes. I'm well aware of Dulce. It's been in existence for awhile. As for the serious people talking about it.........once the Pope came out of the closet on Aliens and then the Brits and Canadians decided to disclose their evidence, it opened the doors for everyone else to come out as well. I have a book (I'll have to look for it) that states that according to the alien/human plan or agenda that the aliens agreed that their presence should be known before the next president takes office in January. So, that was written ten years ago....and here we have all this disclosure plus multitudes of ufo sightings this past year taking place only months before the new president is to take office. I thought the Divine Plan was the name of the book but I just looked through it and couldn't find the passage so I'll have to look again later.
Really, when NASA astronauts, the Pope and government employees come out with the truth, you know something is afoot.

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Disclosure in Canada ? I never heard of that before !
I heard some stuff about UK disclosure, but I've never seen anything serious.
I mean, what's the disclosure project ? It's about telling the truth about aliens and ETs.

They don't talk about it more than before in my opinion.
Well, they don't talk about it in the MSM. Is that normal ?

Num7

Mudpuppy

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Opening the X-files: Inside Britain’s UFO Project[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]October 11, 2007[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By Raf Sanchez[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]To conspiracy theorists, Nick Pope is the right man with the wrong answer. The former head of Britain’s UFO Project has had years of unparalleled access and resources to investigate the significance of unexplained visitors to Britain’s airspace. Since leaving the MoD in 2006 he has taken up a high profile career as a writer, lecturer and consultant. He seemed to be a man preparing to impart revelation. If anyone should be able to confirm that the government knows of the existence of extraterrestrial life, it should, in theory, be Pope.

Except that he won’t. To the rabid frustration of many Ufologists (the recent term coined to describe those who study UFO sightings) Pope continues to deny that the government he served for over 20 years has information confirming the existence of aliens and just isn’t sharing it. Clips of interviews on the internet show the clean cut former civil servant interrogated by enthusiasts already sure of the answer they want and left bitter and accusatory when they don’t get it.

Despite his consistent response to questions about a cover-up I decide to try my luck, just in case he is having a particularly candid afternoon. His answer is swift and well-rehearsed. “To the best of my knowledge, there’s no cover-up and no conspiracy. While the MoD has consistently tried to downplay the subject, they’ve never lied about it and have no evidence that would prove the existence of extraterrestrials. Where information is being withheld, it generally relates to details that if released would be detrimental to defence or national security.” He says that there are vast case files of incidents and sightings that his unit was never able to explain away as weather balloons or airplanes but what there isn’t is, as Pope puts it, “a smoking gun”, or more bluntly: “something locked away in a hangar somewhere.”

I find his answer convincing enough, except for the fact that as a signatory to the Official Secrets Act, it’s the only one he can give without opening himself up to the possibility of prosecution by his former employer. How can we believe his denial when it’s the only thing he can legally say?

I put this to Pope, who nods resignedly at his dilemma. “I do appreciate I’m in a very difficult situation. We’re back to that old cliche that you can’t prove a negative. I can understand why I get accused of disinformation and and all sorts of things but I don’t think that there’s anything I could say, even if I could come up with the most eloquent, well reasoned, logical, substantiated argument. If a die hard conspiracy theorist really wants to believe something, my denial is not going convince them otherwise.”

For the record, I believe Pope. He seems too interested in the details of UFO sightings, too energised by the fragmented information they afford – details which would surely be swept away by the blanket knowledge that aliens definitely exist. More than that he seems genuinely philosophical about the impact that such knowledge would have on humanity. “I think that it would be, aside from proof of the existence of God and an Afterlife, the next biggest thing that you could ever hope to discover and the world would obviously be a totally different place the day after we knew for sure we weren’t alone in the universe.”

‘The world would obviously be a totally different place the day after we knew for sure that we weren’t alone in the universe.’

The interesting thing about Pope is that his career follows an inverse trajectory to most of those in the UFO business. Rather than being someone who was convinced from the outset of the significance of UFOs and went about gathering information, Pope had the information before the belief. Before taking over the UFO Project (his brief had no official title but ‘UFO Project’ is his preferred term because “it does what it says on the tin”) he served in a number of more traditional roles within the MoD. During the first Gulf War he assessed the impact of Allied bombing raids on Iraqi positions and was responsible for briefing senior government and military figures.

Pope claims he arrived at the job with a “broadly skeptical” view as to the wisdom of putting resources into investigating UFOs. His remit could be summed up in a single line: “to evaluate UFO sightings to see whether or not there is evidence of anything of defence significance.” It is these last two words that shaped the focus and operating procedures of the unit. “Defence significance is the key phrase that over the years has been interpreted in many ways. Skeptics can take it to say ‘well, we’re only interested in foreign military aircraft.’ Someone a little more open minded can say ‘Well no, if UFOs really are extraterrestrial then that would be of defense significance in and of itself.’” It seems difficult to argue that alien craft entering British airspace would not be of interest to defence intelligence, but apparently it was a line taken by some of the more traditional members of the military establishment.

Challenging this view and instilling a sense of the importance of the “belief that UFO sightings should be properly investigated in a scientific way” has been one of Pope’s passions both within the MoD and since leaving the government. In November 2006, shortly after leaving the Ministry, Pope made headlines (some wryly amused, others alarmist) with his claim that the UK’s air defence was “wide open” to any potential extraterrestrial visitors, friendly or otherwise. The Daily Mirror ran with: “Earth: We’re Wide Open To Attack”.

So what did Pope see during his time at the UFO Project that not only converted him from a skeptic but has turned him into something of a campaigner for a scientific approach to Ufology? The answer lies in a proportion of 5%. Pope found that of the 200-300 reports of UFO sightings that came across his desk every year, 80% could be explained away as “misidentifications of something ordinary, such as aircraft lights, satellites, airships, weather balloons or planets.” In a further 15% the information was too sparse to make any real judgements. Yet, in the remaining 5% there was enough information, usually in the form of radar signatures and visual sightings by trained observers like RAF pilots, yet still no one was able to identify the object. To Pope these incidents were “very interesting and by definition ‘unexplained’“.

The ‘Cosford Incident’ helped to solidify Pope’s belief that something had to be done to deal with the vulnerability of Britain’s air defence to penetration by UFOs. On the night of March 30 and the morning of March 31 1993 over a hundred witnesses, many of them pilots and police officers, reported seeing fast moving lights in the sky. Some gave more detailed descriptions of a large triangular shaped craft, “like two Concordes flying side by side and joined together.” Another sighting was then reported by an officer, at an RAF base in Shawsbury.

[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“He saw the UFO fire a narrow beam of light (like a laser) at the ground and saw the light sweeping backwards and forwards across the field beyond the perimeter fence, as if it were looking for something. He heard an unpleasant low frequency humming sound coming from the craft and said he could feel as well as hear this - rather like standing in front of a bass speaker. He estimated the size of the craft to be midway between a C-130 Hercules transport aircraft and a Boeing 747.” No aircraft were scrambled because the object, seen in over a hundred places, could not be detected by radar. [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Pope, who has been sitting forward intensely as he talks, suddenly smiles and leans back. “My head of division, who was a huge skeptic of UFOs, briefed the assistant chief of the air staff [on the incident]. There was this wonderful phrase: ‘In summary, there would seem to be some evidence that on this occasion an unidentified object (or objects) was operating over the UK.’ That’s probably about as close as the MOD will ever get to saying there are UFOs.”

Although he is quick to point out that his background is defence intelligence and not science, Pope can be coaxed into talking interestingly on scientific developments in man’s search for other life in the universe. He is quick to draw a distinction between Ufology, the study of UFOs that enter Earth’s atmosphere, and the Search for Extraterrestrial Intelligence (SETI). “Ufology,” he says “is a broad church. There are some complete nutcases and charlatans involved in it and there are also some extremely professional men and women doing some sterling work.” Ufology as it currently stands has no established scientific method and can come in any number of forms, from sitting on a hillside with binoculars to the kind of intelligence analysis that Pope was employed in.

SETI is a much broader search than simply looking out for alien craft coming to Earth. It relies mainly on the use of enormous radio telescopes to monitor deep space for signs of intelligent transmissions. And the already advanced technology is moving fast. According to Pope, “the sensitivity and power of the radio telescopes and the associated computing power to analyze and process the data is going through the roof.” In 2014 the next generation of radio telescopes will come online, massively expanding humanity’s view of the Universe. The technology is so powerful “there are scientists who believe that if there are detectable civilizations within a 100 light years of here, which certainly encompasses several thousand stars, we should be able to detect them through their signals.” The thought that in less than a decade human technology could push the shadows of space back so far is both awe-inspiring and terrifying.

‘Any civilization that visits us is going to be more technologically advanced, so chances are that they are going to be the ones that set the agenda and call the shots.’

Pope puts his faith in SETI to make the first contact with other intelligent life forms.

“I believe that if contact is made it will come through radio astronomy, through detecting a signal as opposed to a spaceship landing in the desert. Proof of contact is never going to be a photo or a video or something. It has to be something acknowledged by the mainstream scientific community. Which is why I think it’s far more likely that proof will come through radio astronomy. SETI will beat Ufology when it comes to proof positive, simply because society will not accept what Ufologists regard as proof.”

Interestingly, SETI today is “effectively private”. The highly technological operations are carried out by private research organisations and members of the scientific community rather than by governments or militaries. NASA briefly engaged in SETI in the first half of the Clinton administration, before a cost-cutting Republican Congress pulled the plug on the project in 1996. Since then the search has been carried out almost entirely outside of government quarters. The UK’s largest radio telescope, Jodrell Bank, is run and maintained by the University of Manchester. This raises the slightly bizarre situation in which the first people to make contact, and possibly speaking on behalf of Earth, may not be one of the world’s governments but instead the employees of a private research company.

This lack of a plan, or even a framework, for dealing with the discovery of aliens is another of Pope’s concerns. “What there isn’t, as far as I’ve seen, is any contingency plan, any SOP [standard operating procedure] for a landing, a crash, a contact. I think in a sense that is a mistake. The military and the government tend to have a plan for just about everything. There are some serious issues that would need thought, bio hazards to name just one. If there is open contact one of the questions people will ask is ‘is there a bio hazard from us to them, them to us, or indeed both ways, who is going to test for that, how is it going be tested, what kit is going to be used, where is that kit, how do you get it to the location, what are the command control arrangements, what’s the media handling strategy?’ All these questions, not any plan. Frankly, we’ll just muddle through.”

Although, as Pope admits, in the event of a landing by a race that can travel at lightspeeds, it is unlikely that humanity is going to be in the driving seat and the best-laid plans of men often go awry. “Any civilization that visits us is almost certainly going to be more technologically advanced than us, so chances are they are going to be the ones that dictate whether or not it’s kept a secret and on what terms contact is made and on what terms the news is propagated. If we are visited it might well be that the visitors set the agenda and call the shots.”

Pope may not have seen confirmation that there is other intelligent life in the universe. But what he has seen, and it is likely to be far more than most of us ever will, seems to have convinced him of the need to be prepared that one day there might be. As I think of the epic bureaucratic, administrative and logistic battles a plan for a human response to contact would bring I find myself wondering if somewhere out there someone has a much simpler plan for us.
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]***[/FONT]

Mudpuppy

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]UK to release secret files on 10,000 UFO sightings[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]December 26, 2007[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]London (ANI) - The Gordon Brown government is set to release top-secret files on hundreds of UFO sightings. Over 10,000 UFO sightings have been reported to the ministry of defence since the project was started in 1950. After the cases were probed, around 5% of the cases are still unexplained.
The ministry of defence will release a total of 160 files in Spring 2008.
Reports have suggested that the MoD is releasing the documents now because of the large number of UFO freedom of information requests. In fact, estimates suggest that there are more UFO freedom of information requests than on any other subject.
Nick Pope, the head of the MoD's UFO project from 1991 to 1994, told that some of the sightings are "highly credible".
Pope said: "Whatever people think about UFOs, these documents are fascinating and show how the MoD has researched and investigated this mystery for nearly 60 years, without an answer."
[/FONT]​

Mudpuppy

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]France opens secret UFO files covering 50 years[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]March 22, 2007[/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]France became the first country to open its files on UFOs Thursday when the national space agency unveiled a website documenting more than 1,600 sightings spanning five decades.
The online archives, which will be updated as new cases are reported, catalogues in minute detail cases ranging from the easily dismissed to a handful that continue to perplex even hard-nosed scientists.
"It is a world first," said Jacques Patenet, the aeronautical engineer who heads the office for the study of "non-identified aerospatial phenomena."
Known as OVNIs in French, UFOs have always generated intense interest along with countless conspiracy theories about secretive government cover-ups of findings deemed too sensitive or alarming for public consumption.
"Cases such as the lady who reported seeing an object that looked like a flying roll of toilet paper" are clearly not worth investigating, said Patenet.
But many others involving multiple sightings -- in at least one case involving thousands of people across France -- and evidence such as burn marks and radar trackings showing flight patterns or accelerations that defy the laws of physics are taken very seriously.
A phalanx of beefy security guards formed a barrier in front of the space agency (CNES) headquarters where the announcement was made, "to screen out uninvited UFOlogists," an official explained.
Of the 1,600 cases registered since 1954, nearly 25 percent are classified as "type D", meaning that "despite good or very good data and credible witnesses, we are confronted with something we can't explain," Patenet said.
On January 8, 1981 outside the town of Trans-en-Provence in southern France, for example, a man working in a field reported hearing a strange whistling sound and seeing a saucer-like object about 2.5 meters (eight feet) in diameter land in his field about 50 meters (yards) away.
A dull-zinc grey, the saucer took off, he told police, almost immediately, leaving burn marks. Investigators took photos, and then collected and analyzed samples, and to this day no satisfactory explanation has been made.
The nearly 1,000 witness who said they saw flashing lights in the sky on November 5, 1990, by contrast, had simply seen a rocket fragment falling back into earth's atmosphere.
Patenet's answer to questions about evidence of life beyond Earth was sure to inflame the suspicions of those convinced the government is holding back: "We do not have the least proof that extra-terrestrials are behind the unexplained phenomena."
But then he added: "Nor do we have the least proof that they aren't."
The CNES fields between 50 and 100 UFO reports ever year, usually written up by police. Of these, 10 percent are the object of on-site investigations, Patenet said.
Other countries collect data more or less systematically about unidentified flying objects, notably in Britain and in the United States, where information can be requested on a case-by-case basis under the Freedom of Information Act.
"But we decided to do it the other way around and made everything available to the public," Patenet said.
The aim was to make it easier for scientists and other UFO buffs to access the data for research.
The website itself -- which crashed host servers hours after it was unveiled due to heavy traffic -- is extremely well organized and complete, even including scanned copies of police reports.
[/FONT]​

Mudpuppy

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gordon Cooper (1927-2004), American Astronaut[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
2004-10-08-nasa-cooper.jpg
Gordo02.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]In his post-NASA career, Cooper became known as an outspoken believer in UFOs and charged that the government was covering up its knowledge of extraterrestrial activity.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I believe that these extraterrestrial vehicles and their crews are visiting this planet from other planets, which obviously are a little more technically advanced than we are here on Earth," he told a United Nations panel in 1985.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I feel that we need to have a top-level, coordinated program to scientifically collect and analyze data from all over the Earth concerning any type of encounter, and to determine how best to interface with these visitors in a friendly fashion."[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He added, "For many years I have lived with a secret, in a secrecy imposed on all specialists and astronauts. I can now reveal that every day, in the USA, our radar instruments capture objects of form and composition unknown to us."[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"I believe that these extraterrestrial vehicles and their crews are visiting this planet from other planets, which are a little more technically advanced than we are on Earth. I feel that we need to have a top level, coordinated program to scientifically collect and analyze data from all over the Earth concerning any type of encounter, and to determine how best to interfere with these visitors in a friendly fashion. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We may first have to show them that we have learned how to resolve our problems by peaceful means rather than warfare, before we are accepted as fully qualified universal team members. Their acceptance will have tremendous possibilities of advancing our world in all areas. Certainly then it would seem that the U.N. has a vested interest in handling the subject quickly and properly. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I should point out that I am not an experienced UFO professional researcher - I have not as yet had the privilege of flying a UFO nor of meeting the crew of one. However, I do feel that I am somewhat qualified to discuss them, since I have been into the fringes of the vast areas of which they travel. Also, I did have occasion in 1951 to have two days of observation of many flights of them, of different sizes flying in fighter formation, generally from west to east over Europe. They were at a higher altitude than we could reach with our jet fighters.... [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If the U.N. agrees to pursue this project and lend the credibility to it, perhaps many more well qualified people will agree to step forth and provide help and information." [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Astronaut Gordon Cooper addressing a U.N. panel discussion on UFOs and ETs in New York, in 1985; Panel was chaired by then U.N. Secretary-General Kurt Waldheim.[/FONT]