Battling Depression with Music

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Music raises dopamine levels. It has been proven and it really works!

Why Music Listening Makes Us Feel Good

Music 'releases mood-enhancing chemical in the brain' - BBC News

The thing is, deperession isn't just being sad. It causes physical symptoms as well -- low energy, pain, headaches, feeling like you have the flu, etc. Low endorphines, low dopamine .... yet people wrongly relate depression to being crazy. It has nothing to do with that!

I find that music helps tremendously! Play your favorite music and take it with a cup of coffee.

Does Caffeine Affect Dopamine Levels? | LIVESTRONG.COM

Bullethead21

That advice you just gave is priceless!

Depression happens when a person can no longer envision anything past "right now"......no hope.....no future.....no nothing.

The imagination of the depressed is broken.

A great example for teen depression is our educational system based SAT..........we tell our kids in school that if you score low on these SAT test, your future and the ability for you to get a "respectable" job or "career" is not gonna happen.....

So what happens when a 15 year old bombs out on the SAT's??????????

Between the "pressure" that no child should endure, and the poor diet, these kids don't stand a chance.....mentally or otherwise........

We discourage original thought and "imagination" at very young ages, while inducing the use of "memorizing".....we literally "break" there imagination.

Depression is sadly only one of MANY side effects.......

Today our young adults have no "connection" to the job or careers that they "qualify" for......a 9 to 5 job that leads ultimately to their demise.....

How many of us are doing what we have a "passion" for??? What we "imagined" or dreamed of as children???

We are ALL sentient beings with capacities that are so powerful it is almost unimaginable as we have the abilities to touch taste and smell, and most of all, to imagine.......

To "imagine" something that does not currently exist.....and turn that imagined "idea" into a reality.

What more power could one need than that!!!

Last edited:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
That advice you just gave is priceless!

Depression happens when a person can no longer envision anything past "right now"......no hope.....no future.....no nothing.

The imagination of the depressed is broken.

A great example for teen depression is our educational system based SAT..........we tell our kids in school that if you score low on these SAT test, your future and the ability for you to get a "respectable" job or "career" is not gonna happen.....

So what happens when a 15 year old bombs out on the SAT's??????????

Between the "pressure" that no child should endure, and the poor diet, these kids don't stand a chance.....mentally or otherwise........

We discourage original thought and "imagination" at very young ages, while inducing the use of "memorizing".....we literally "break" there imagination.

Depression is sadly only one of MANY side effects.......

Today our young adults have no "connection" to the job or careers that they "qualify" for......a 9 to 5 job that leads ultimately to their demise.....

How many of us are doing what we have a "passion" for??? What we "imagined" or dreamed of as children???

We are ALL sentient beings with capacities that are so powerful it is almost unimaginable as we have the abilities to touch taste and smell, and most of all, to imagine.......

To "imagine" something that does not currently exist.....and turn that imagined "idea" into a reality.

What more power could one need than that!!!

It sounds like our system is causing dopamine levels to get low. I bet I could find research proving that being creative increases the levels as well. I bet it's out there.

TnWatchdog

I always feel better playing my tunes, the louder the better...get that dopamine going! I even have a requirement, when doing work for customers, to be left alone and I need to play my tunes. No dopamine tune enhancing...no work from me, simple.

I also need my coffee to get going in the morning. I'm like a zombie until I get that second cup of caffine to get the juices running.

At the end of 2014, I was on a dopamine drip, in the ICU for a week, after a heart attack. I was told that I wasn't making any dopamine and, if after being taken off the drip, I could be a goner since I had caused some damage to myself. lol

Last edited: