Bedtime for Democracy

StarLord

Re: Bedtime for Democracy

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Darkwolf\")</div>
Well, I can try. I'd rather do that than pick a fight with a four legged tank with an attitude.[/b]

Did you notice that the artist would probably be a very good candidate for LURPS with all that blending that went on while they were learning to watercolor?

Judge Bean

In the 1950s, and for some time after in the U.S., a "latent homosexual" was someone who was concealing or was unaware of his gaiety. Just as Commies were said to be behind every tree (and as witches were at one time, and Wild Indians, and Eastern European Anarchists), homos were lurking around waiting to corrupt youth, and had to be rooted out of the gymnasium and barracks.

They devised a clever test consisting of questions meant to elicit answers that only a homosexual would give. The questions involved interior decorating, poetry, and art as choices over huntin, fishin, and doin them things what come natural to a man, sech as drinking, smokin, gambling & whorin.

They used this test, called a "multiphrastic," as a screening test for the FBI and for some police departments, in order to make sure that you weren't someone who liked to bully people and use your gun too much.

I won't tell you the results of the tests I took like this, or how many times I could dry-fire a .38 held out at arm's length in a minute-- another test they give you.

Darkwolf

I won't tell you the results of the tests I took like this, or how many times I could dry-fire a .38 held out at arm's length in a minute-- another test they give you.

Are you a former LEO Paul? They do still use the MMPI at least three times throughout the hiring process today. I'm apperently not as crazy as I had thought.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Paul J. Lyon\")</div>
In the 1950s, and for some time after in the U.S., a \"latent homosexual\" was someone who was concealing or was unaware of his gaiety. Just as Commies were said to be behind every tree (and as witches were at one time, and Wild Indians, and Eastern European Anarchists), homos were lurking around waiting to corrupt youth, and had to be rooted out of the gymnasium and barracks.

They devised a clever test consisting of questions meant to elicit answers that only a homosexual would give. The questions involved interior decorating, poetry, and art as choices over huntin, fishin, and doin them things what come natural to a man, sech as drinking, smokin, gambling & whorin.

They used this test, called a \"multiphrastic,\" as a screening test for the FBI and for some police departments, in order to make sure that you weren't someone who liked to bully people and use your gun too much.

I won't tell you the results of the tests I took like this, or how many times I could dry-fire a .38 held out at arm's length in a minute-- another test they give you.[/b]

Sorry, I was being a tad mocking in my answer. I understand the nature of the tests.

StarLord

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Darkwolf\")</div>
Are you a former LEO Paul? They do still use the MMPI at least three times throughout the hiring process today. I'm apperently not as crazy as I had thought.[/b]

Remember when you finally got to use REAL bullets, well WAD cutters anyway. And how they made such a neat hole in the target? So much so that you had to concentrate on not zoneing in on how all those pretty holes looked with the light shining through?

Darkwolf

Remember when you finally got to use REAL bullets, well WAD cutters anyway. And how they made such a neat hole in the target? So much so that you had to concentrate on not zoneing in on how all those pretty holes looked with the light shining through? __________________

Yes, I was about six.