Debate Bible Prophecy, Real or Fake?

Weeeeee_Zard

"Birds will fall from the sky", blackbirds were falling dead in great numbers in another state... Ooooooh, the prophecy is fulfilled....

It's like when you go see a psychic and they tell you: "you have been disappointed with somebody at some point in your life or you will"... Vague.

We can find a lot of coincidences with this book if we deliberately take pieces that are conveniently collaged to satisfy our fear fantasy.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I created this thread out of a comment in the Daniel Project discussion. I had to delete some comments that came after that didn't help the discussion. Feel free to continue on the topic after my post.

Weeee_Zard,

No matter what your definition of bullying is, attacking other people at all, or attacking their content in the original topic isn't accepted, as per the rules:
New And Updated Forum Rules: July 2011 | Paranormalis

If you want to debate or debunk someone's ideas, you have to do so in a new thread you'll call the same name, with the prefix that matches your intent. See the link above for the rules, they cover that part too. That kind of rule allows members to freely discuss their ideas and belief without having to fight their way through a debate.

Thanks.

And I do believe, that many prophecies that come to be, seem like some convenient coincidences. I don't have any example coming to my mind, but every time I get to read something about an event fulfilling X or Y prophecy, it feels like it was quite easy to interpret the the events afterwards as such.

Numenorean7

Weeeeee_Zard

There is no discussion if you can't have a discussion.

Samstwitch just left me a profile message saying that she is in fact a moderator or helps moderate.

Very nice to meet you guys but I will go away and find a place where an atheist can share an opinion without been "crucified".

Feel free to delete my profile.

Samstwitch

Samstwitch just left me a profile message saying that she is in fact a moderator or helps moderate.

Yes, I answered your question. You asked if I was a Moderator. Yes, I do help Moderate. I tried to send you a PM with that information, but that feature is disabled on your profile, so I posted the reply on your profile.

Dr X

The one thing i find about the bible and i am a christian who has read both old and new testaments cover to cover on more than one occasion is that for me i do believe in god but i also think it's man's interpretations of events that took place in those days. Do i spiritually want to believe it, yes of course but the scientist in me begs to differ which is why science and religion should be kept worlds apart!!

Mayhem

Zenith
In reading the Old testament, over the years but mostly recently i find its in codes. But thats my interpretation of it.

The second coming in my eye, is a change in consciousness.

All around is materialism, done for a purpose. Dragging humans away from whats inside them.

See that as you may.

Last edited:

Lennie5

The "Bible" is a collection of dubious and sometimes down right evil rules and morality tales for the control and and manipulation of primitive and gullible people.
Most of its prophetic contents were written after the fact and claimed as miraculous, you may as well look for inspiration and guidance in the works of Homer or Virgil.

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
The one thing i find about the bible and i am a christian who has read both old and new testaments cover to cover on more than one occasion is that for me i do believe in god but i also think it's man's interpretations of events that took place in those days. Do i spiritually want to believe it, yes of course but the scientist in me begs to differ which is why science and religion should be kept worlds apart!!

I agree however I think science and religion/spirituality should go hand in hand and not kept apart. That way they can both evolve at the same time without threatening each other.

Lennie5

I agree however I think science and religion/spirituality should go hand in hand and not kept apart. That way they can both evolve at the same time without threatening each other.

WHY? When science is the search for truth by research supported by evidence, and religion is the "truth by divine revelation" that MUST not be quention even when it is direct opposition to all the available evidence and replaces critical and analytical thinking with, the abomination called Faith.

Science and religion are totally incompatible and to claim to support both takes a great deal of mental gymnastics and a huge amount of cognitive dissonance.