Debate Bible Prophecy, Real or Fake?

Mayhem

Zenith
For ever and a day you have been lyied to.
They will go into hiding and leave us to fend for our Selves.
The lord cometh the man, when he rises to the stars.
You are immortal

He made in the image of himself god, You will become gods.

Last edited:

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
.. which is why they need to be kept together, the spiritual and the physical evolving together, moving humankind forward. In our society they are at odds with each other and because of this we have at one end of the scale a scientist elite who are scared to share their current findings while at the other end religious extremism.. wouldn’t it be incredible that when new scientific findings tell us that our reality is a simulation or that we are not alone in the Universe that this could shape our spiritual nature and evolve our Ideological thinking as these discoveries are made but no, as a people we are too busy looking backward, worshipping 2000 or 1400 year old deity’s

TimeFlipper

If our reality is merely a simulation and the probability that other realities are also the same, then we would have no real spiritual nature nor the ability to evolve our simulated ideological thinking...Maybe we should look more into who or what it was that created the simulations, and for what purpose? ;)..

Lennie5

Do you discount the idea that simulated reality could have infinite built in potential variables, an AI perhaps that could actually accurately simulate ideological thinking and mental evolution?
I grant you given a simulation is by definition not "real", within the parameters of the simulation it would relatively be as "Real" as it is possible to be.

However on your second point, while agreeing in principle that we should look more into who or what it was that created the simulations, and for what purpose, it might be a fruitless exercise as any programmer worth his salt would I am sure write in a safeguard preventing his creation from ever actually accessing the real world outside of their simulation and coming after him/her/it?

The easiest way to do this would be to allow access (after a suitably convoluted effort) to a next level simulation that imitated the supposed real world and would satisfy the curiosity of the simulants, without ever endangering actual reality.

I mean imagine a sufficiently perfected version of some of our popular games, working on an evolving AI programme, with infinite processing power... would you want them getting out in to the real world? Would you not safeguard against even the remotest possibility of it?

Freak Show

God believes we misunderstand him, and we do to an extent. We created religion, and within our own greed for power we decided to control one another and have gone off track of what he wanted us to do, which is learn from each other and to help one another in the process. But then He spoke in order to give us some direction. So then it was written down, but there were those who decided to use those words against us in order to better themselves. Although the bible is a book of some truth, it is mostly stories to convince you of the truth. And while those stories have you captivated and your interest is peaked, it tells you other stories to control you. So now that book has you not only believing it, but now it has you in fear of it. It's the perfect novel ever written by MAN, to an extent. No one on earth has any real control over you, The only control of you is by God Himself, You are born by him, you live by him, you die by him. He sets you on your path and you live it, but he also gave you free will. With that you can deviate from your path, of which is still part of your path, but not your purpose. Your purpose is to help others, not just yourself. We are all here to help others. But again greed and power have changed the idea of what he wanted for us. He wants so much more for us, but we have yet to learn this lesson, As you can tell by our own faults we have not achieved the ultimate goal. But you can also tell by the bible itself that although there were some good intentions, the wrong ones didn't work out so good either, By most of the accounts that are written and taught, we as people have yet to live souly by that book and continue to stray further and further away from it. All of which is back to what the original idea was that He wanted us to do in the first place, which is live our lives trying to better our situation for all of us and not just one for as it is, All is one and One is all. God does not want us sitting in church all day worshiping him, when in turn we'd be worshiping ourselves beings that since God created us from a part of him, our divine soul. What he wants is for us to be out in the world, living, learning and helping each other.

Kazper

GRADUATE
This is a little off topic, but I never read the bible until recently and I use it more as a History/Science book. I like to try and decode what it is really telling us, IMHO the Bible has been interpreted in the wrong way and was used more to put the fear of God into people by people of power to control the majority and keep them in line using religion. But it's my opinion and I can can be 100% wrong. That's why I make it a point to say it is only my opinion and would love to see people say other things that maybe will make better sense. More of a peaceful discussion rather than a debate. I respect what everyone has to say, I enjoy seeing people practicing their free will. (y):):whistle:

Freak Show

Are you kidding, all of the nations have been arguing over this for years, the only thing different now is that trump decided to declare Jerusalem the capitol. this is nothing new. The bible is so misinterpreted that it's now a jumbled mess. So much so now that if something occurs that some bible thumper claims that instance was written in the bible. But some how, everything that's ever happened came from the bible writings. If that were true than the bible should be 3 feet thick

Freak Show

People need to wake up to the fact that the bible has about an inch of truth, the other 2 inches is BS and stories in order to get you to believe the first inch