'Bible's' Satan casting raises eyebrows, ire with comparison to President Obama

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
'Bible's' Satan casting raises eyebrows, ire with comparison to President Obama
By Randee Dawn, TODAY contributor

Casting the devil is a tricky thing; if you're not going with a caricature of a cloven-hooved man all in red with horns then you're going to have to watch what kind of face you put on the face of evil. History Channel's 10-part miniseries hit "The Bible," however, cast an actor (Mohamen Mehdi Ouazani) to play Satan that -- to some -- seems uncomfortably familiar.

The Link: 'Bible's' Satan casting raises eyebrows, ire with comparison to President Obama - TODAY Entertainment

"Anyone else think the Devil in #TheBible Sunday on History Channel looks exactly like That Guy?" tweeted @GlennBeck on Saturday, the day before the show aired to the general public, and linked to a photo from the series Ouazani, hooded and in character. (Beck has taken a vow not to say the name of President Barack Obama in all of 2013, and so uses "that guy" instead.)

That helped lead the charge on Twitter and beyond, as others jumped on the bandwagon to agree -- or voice strong disagreement.

Samstwitch

Obama devil Bible movie.JPG

Obama-Devil Resemblance on 'The Bible' Sets Off Firestorm

The resemblance between President Obama and an actor who plays the devil on History's "The Bible" has drawn more than a little notice.

Conservative commentator Glenn Beck was among the first to take to Twitter to point out the resemblance between Obama and actor Mohamen Mehdi Ouzaani. A slew of tweets and news stories ensued, many from Obama supporters who weren't pleased.

History did not immediately respond to a request for comment from TheWrap.

In the miniseries, the actor resembles an older version of the U.S. president. Last year, HBO's "Game of Thrones" came under criticism when its executive producers said in a DVD commentary that a fake head of President George W. Bush was impaled on a spike in one scene.

"The Bible" has been a huge hit for History, drawing 13.1 million for its first episode and 10.8 million for its second. It is executive produced by "Survivor" creator Mark Burnett.

Last week, one of its executive producers, Scott Sassa, resigned as Hearst's entertainment and syndication president after what the New York Post described as a sexting scandal involving a stripper.

TnWatchdog

You all beat me to the post...I saw this on the Internet news and thought it was Obama, since he has been acting for years. I wonder why they chose this look alike...or could it be a sign? lol...I wonder what Obama thinks of his twin.

Loopi

The Bearded One
Maybe it's because I don't think Obama is the anti-christ and I just think he's a terrible president, I don't think he looks like him?