Big News From Cern Makes Time Travel Not So Far Out After All

someguy

its cool, some people theorize that spiral in sweden was made by CERN

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Yeah, Titor talked about that. I guess if CERN was able to achieve physical time travel, they likely wouldn't let people know about it, sadly. Maybe they are already able to travel back in time, who knows.

Now, sending information to the past. I wonder how past scientists are supposed to receive the data. I assume the machine itself must exist to receive the info from its future self.

ZeoEmeraude

I've been watching this show Terra Nova. In this show, they send a probe to the past and discover that it is an alternate timeline, this allows for humans to repopulate and escape a doomed planet. Maybe they are already sending probes. It would seem logical.

Himalayan Hermit

But how is an alternate timeline going to help "you" in this timeline? Changing someone in an alternate timeline's past would only impact their future, not ours. No?

ZeoEmeraude

Uh...I was commenting on a fictional television show. I was pointing out that maybe CERN is sending probes into the past. I do not care if it helps me or not bub. I just think the tech is there and could be used in such a manner.

Harte

Neutrino probes?

For what?

I'm with Hawking - quoted in the article:
"It is premature to comment on this," Professor Stephen Hawking, the world's most well-known physicist, told Reuters. "Further experiments and clarifications are needed."
I very much doubt this will hold up.

Harte