Media Brainwashing Campaign for Fukushima Victims: “Radiation Doesn’t Affect People Who Are Smiling”

Samstwitch

Brainwashing Campaign: “Radiation Doesn’t Affect People Who Are Smiling”

Mike Adams
Natural News
August 21, 2013

The following is a first-person account of the attempt by the Japanese government to brainwash victims of Fukushima radiation poisoning into believing radiation would not harm them if they simply “smile.”

Natural News is the first U.S. news source to publish this account in English. The name of the original author is Uwamae Masako, who now lives in Taiwan after escaping Fukushima and leaving behind many friends and family members.

As you’ll see below, the Japanese government’s Fukushima Radiation Health Risk Advisor uses a hypnotic, droning speech pattern to try to convince his audience of absolutely bizarre quack science beliefs like “people who drink aren’t affected by radiation” or that “laughter will remove your radiation phobia.”

What follows is a true, firsthand account…

I’m a mother who has two kids. I lived in Koriyama, Fukushima. When the earthquake happened, I heard from the radio that the nuclear plant exploded. “We can’t go back to Koriyama anymore,” was the first thought came to my mind. Sendai, where my husband worked, was not a safe place, either. Although the distance between the nuclear plant and Sendai is about 120 km, the wind direction made it not safe there.

After the electric power was restored, we watched TV. A famous professor repeatedly talked about how the nuclear plant functioned, and our government also said that there was no direct effect, but I felt uneasy. The danger of the third reactor is different from others, because it generates power from MOX ( mixed plutonium and uranium oxide) fuel. If the plutonium diffuses, it will be extremely dangerous — it will make a lot of people die even if the diffuse amount is as little as one teaspoon.

None of this information was reported on TV, so many Japanese didn’t know it. I knew it only because I had a friend who was devoted to being against MOX fuel. It was terrible that information like this couldn’t be broadcast on TV, so I took my two kids to run away to my parents’ place — Kyoto.

Many people thought that as long as we stayed 10 km away from the nuclear plant, it was safe enough, but those big US corporations actually asked for their people who were within 80 km (even 100 km) to evacuate. The Fukushima government had possession of the forecast chart of radiation levels in the air, but they didn’t publish them. On the contrary, they held a speaking tour to advocate that there was no need to worry about radiation.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t make my friends who lived there understand how dangerous it was. Many residents listened to the government, who claimed that people could live there without problems and enjoy outdoor activities as usual. Therefore, many residents gave up the idea of escaping from Fukushima [and continued to live there].

The expert (Dr. Yamashita) even said that radiation wouldn’t affect happy people. Many people believed him, because he is from Nagasaki, which had suffered from the radiation of the atomic bomb. They thought that he should know more about radiation due to his background. However, the exposure to radiation is more complicated than you can imagine. The more serious problems included eating food that had been exposed to radiation. It was just like letting your internal organs be exposed to radiation. (Continued)

CLICK ME to read Full Article