Bug Be Gone

TnWatchdog

Have any of you eaten any bugs? (remembering the show Fear Factor)
They say they are high in protein. Various cultures have piles of these savory bugs for sale at the local farmer's markets.
I saw an older show, Crook & Chase, that had a young girl bake up some cricket-chocolate chip cookies. Would you try them out, give to the in-laws, or just walk away?

Last edited:

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I had a Mexican friend one time that brought some chocolate covered crickets to work one day. He was going to eat them for lunch. He offered some to me. I declined.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I heard that insects are healthy and I believe it. I wouldn't eat them though.

Maybe I'd like how they taste, but I'm not convinced.

TimeFlipper

In case your interested, why not try some for yourself.

Chocolate Covered Crickets | Edible Insects
I think we should get TimeFlipper to try them, that is if he already hasn't. What you say TimeFlipper?
I think you will have people fighting their pet frog for lunch Einstein.
Dawg my youngest son decided to try eating crickets a couple of years ago and he developed types of Insectoid dreams where he would see giant insectoids all over the world killing and eating humans :eek: I told him it was likely he had tapped into their collective unconscious through their DNA which he had eaten ::LOL:: To me it was all a wish-fulfilment dream on the part of the poor old insects being killed in the billions by us using insecticides and swatting them to death :D..Would i ever eat any of them?..the Hell i wouldnt :ROFLMAO: