Can ghosts and religion co-exist?

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith
Can ghosts and religion co-exist?

If ghosts really exist in the form that most people think of them, does that prove or disprove the truth in any of our religions?

Wouldn't a person's soul either go to heaven or hell, and NOT stay here to freak people out?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Re: Can ghosts and religion co-exist?

In my opinion, it doesn't prove or disprove religion.

It's pretty hard to explain, but I never considered a ghost being out of question in religion. A ghost might be a lost spirit, a lost sheep trapped in this world. I see it this way. We're not talking about demons here, so ghosts don't need to be bad in nature. There might be exception, but I guess you see my point here.

We can't know if the ghosts are here to freak us out, or because they have something to do, a purpose.
That's the way I see it.

my answer is yes, they can co-exist!

Num7 :)

R

ritsapitsa

I don't think they could co-exist. If indeed "ghosts", as people who have claimed to see them are as they believe them to be, exist then that would disprove religion. As Christianity believes in a physical birth and a spiritual birth. It also believes in the physical death and spiritual one. The way that ghosts are explained is for the simple fact that they must be demons as they have abilities to do things that people can not even when dead.

kcwildman

Beastmaster

I.M.H.O.
no they can not
we are appointed once to be born, and once to die.
after that is judgment
to be absent from the body, is to be present with the LORD
I believe this without one doubt.:)

Chip Lewis

There is only one book in biblical doctrine that describes exactly what ghosts are. According to
"The book of Enoch" they are the spirits of Nephilim.
The Book of Enoch said:
Chapter 15
1.Then addressing me, He spoke and said, Hear, neither be afraid, O righteous Enoch, you scribe of righteousness: approach hither, and hear my voice. Go, say to the Watchers of heaven, who have sent you to pray for them, You ought to pray for men, and not men for you.
2.Wherefore have you forsaken the lofty and holy heaven, which endures for ever, and have lain with women; have defile yourselves with the daughters of men; have taken to yourselves wives; have acted like the sons of the earth, and have begotten an impious offspring?
3.You being spiritual, holy, and possessing a life which is eternal, have polluted yourselves with women; have begotten in carnal blood; have lusted in the blood of men; and have done as those who are flesh and blood do.
4.These however die and perish.
5.Therefore have I given to them wives, that they might cohabit with them; that sons might be born of them; and that this might be transacted upon earth.
6.But you from the beginning were made spiritual, possessing a life which is eternal, and not subject to death for ever.​

7.Therefore I made not wives for you, because, being spiritual, your dwelling is in heaven.
8.Now the giants, who have been born of spirit and of flesh, shall be called upon earth evil spirits, and on earth shall be their habitation. Evil spirits shall proceed from their flesh, because they were created from above; from the holy Watchers was their beginning and primary foundation. Evil spirits shall they be upon earth, and the spirits of the wicked shall they be called. The habitation of the spirits of heaven shall be in heaven; but upon earth shall be the habitation of terrestrial spirits, who are born on earth.

9.The spirits of the giants shall be like clouds, (which shall oppress, corrupt, fall, content, and bruise upon earth.
The Greek word for "clouds" here, nephelas, may disguise a more ancient reading, Napheleim (Nephilim).

10.They shall cause lamentation. No food shall they eat; and they shall be thirsty; they shall be concealed, and shall not (Translation error, remove the word not from this phrase) rise up against the sons of men, and against women; for they come forth during the days of slaughter and destruction.​

The Book of Enoch: Emended and ... - Google Book Search

kcwildman

Beastmaster

works for me :)
good find Chip, I have known of the book of Enoch for some time.
haven't read it threw yet. my bad, I knew they were not aunt martha. pissed about uncle Duddlys girlfriend. we don't get to come back,or stay after death. I.M.H.O.:D
oh yeah, if I remember this rite there's a list some where called (lost books of the BIBLE) it's where I first saw it. there were a bunch on the list. I will try to find it again.
P.S.
got it, theres a good sized list here. and you can read them for your self. thanks again Chip for reminding me of this list.
www.thelostbooks.com
sorry had to get it spelled rite

gonzogirl

ritsapitsa said:
I don't think they could co-exist. If indeed "ghosts", as people who have claimed to see them are as they believe them to be, exsist then that would dissprove religion. As Christianity believes in a physical birth and a spiritual birth. It also believes in the physical death and spiritual one. The way that ghosts are explained is for the simple fact that they must be demons as they have abilities to do things that people can not even when dead.

How would it disprove religion? Most Christians think that we go to heaven...but if you are a Catholic you might believe in Purgatory..which isnt heaven but a holding place before Heaven. If you are Mormon you could go to any one of several places before heaven. So for them.. they might see spirits as a manifestation of the spirit. For some peoples spirits are seen as just that. A m anifestetion of a spirit.
I think that Ghosts are not real in the way that people can "see" them
I personally think that all people become spirits when they die....but dont look like anything let alone something from a movie! Like Poltergeist...Good movie but c'mon. Demons? Why would GOD allow Demons? Why create them to begin with?

Chip Lewis

gonzogirl said:
Demons? Why would GOD allow Demons? Why create them to begin with?
You have a very interesting take on this. But, God didn't create demons. He has punished the Angels that defiled themselves with Human women by destroying the seed of their infidelity. The truth as to why they exist is far deeper than even I can explain. But, I do know that these "Sons of God" attempted to infiltrate the bloodline of Adam to sabotage the coming of the Christ.

How would you punish someone if they were attempting to kill all of your children? God still rests and thus he has not confronted the spirits of the nephilim. Therefore instead of allowing their spirits to enter the kingdom of heaven, he has banished them to the Earth. They themselves have chosen to do evil and be labeled "Demons". Free will is a bitch...ain't it?

gonzogirl

Chip said:
You have a very interesting take on this. But, God didn't create demons. He has punished the Angels that defiled themselves with Human women by destoying the seed of their infidelity. The truth as to why they exist is far deeper than even I can explain. But, I do know that these "Sons of God" attemted to infiltrate the bloodline of Adam to sabotage the coming of the Christ.

How would you punish someone if they were attempting to kill all of your children? God still rests and thus he has not confronted the spirits of the nephilim. Therefore instead of allowing their spirits to enter the kindom of heaven, he has banished them to the Earth. They themselves have chosen to do evil and be labelled "Demons". Free will is a bitch...ain't it?

So well put Chip......I get it. So these "demons" just keep the cycle of negativity going. And always have and it is up to us to resist any temptation to do wrong. Yes free will is a bitch sometimes.....but im oh so glad to have it!:)

Chip Lewis

gonzogirl said:
So well put Chip......I get it. So these "demons" just keep the cycle of negativity going. And always have and it is up to us to resist any temptation to do wrong. Yes free will is a bitch sometimes.....but im oh so glad to have it!:)
There is a little more to add to this to complete the circuit. The nature of the Angel rebellion began by their taking notice of our ability to resist God and retain our eternal life. The Angels do not have such luxury. Therefore they have fought "tooth and nail" for hundreds of thousands of years to convince God that we are unworthy. Satan himself in the book of Revelation is referred to as the "accuser". He obviously notifies God of our sins frequently. So, since they have already been judged to die by God himself (The fallen angels are the only entities that have been judged thus far) their goal is to take as many of us with them as they can. Consider these motives as you contemplate Gods choices.