Can ghosts and religion co-exist?

Whitelight

Re: Can ghosts and religion co-exist?

God can't be bad, he's god. He's what is pure in this world, and those things that are bad or odd in this world are put here by him for a reason. I think Jesus was sacrificed to show us who we are, to show us love. He died for our sins because he had faith in us, and its that faith that has kept so many Christians going. Everything that happens in life is a lesson. We learn more about ourselves and who we should be, who we want to be.

I know that anything you say to debunk god, someone can throw 'There's a reason' at you, but it makes sense at the same time.

jurgen36

Unfortunately there has been more evil done in the name of religion as any other way. In the name of any religion, it does not matter what they are. Religion seems to be the cause of to much suffering in this world of ours. Sorry I do not want to have anything to do with it. Nevermind, the day will come only to soon when we all know what will happen to us. I can not believe in any God which will judge us, that is a completely, at least in my eyes stupid illusion. The almighty God creator of the universe has really better things to do with his time as judging people from a small unimportant planet on the edge of a minor galaxy. If anybody believes that well "I do have a very nice bridge to sell". I do believe we are here for a reason, not by accident. But what that reason might be I really do not know. I also do believe that all preachers should be jailed for defrauding the people. But again that most likely will never happen. It is to good a job for people which usually do not like to do any usefull work. Ok a lot of them help people in need of emotional stability but that unfortunately is not the majority.
Best regards and I really do not want to change the believes of anybody.

Whitelight

People take religion out of context, thats why so many horrible things are done in the name of religion. They focus on one thing and don't see the big picture.

No one is changing anyone's beliefs. We're just discussing our points and being open to others views.

I'm not a religious person at all.

jurgen36

WhiteLight said:
No one is changing anyone's beliefs. We're just discussing our points and being open to others views.

I'm not a religious person at all.

Very good that"s how it should be. Before I came to my conclusions I did study religion. 6 Month in a Muslim university, 3 month in a Thai Buddhist monastery and also 6 month in a bible college. The original founders of the major religions were good man, but then after thousands of years corruption came into it and today if any of the original founders would came back they would run away in disgust looking what their religions have become.

Regards

Chip Lewis

Imagine if you will that in reality there is no "good" or "evil". It is simply the up and the down. The left and the right. Knowing happiness is a sign that you have experienced sadness.

This life we live is not ordained by such concepts as "good" or "evil". We simply are. In the process of development we all go through scenario's perfecting our ability to make sound judgement.

In the book of "Job" God asked Satan if he had tested job. Then afterward Job's life was turned upside down by Satan. The only rule was that Satan could not kill Job. You could say that God requested that Job have is life turned upside down on purpose. Does this make God evil? No, it makes him the teacher. We are the students and this world is our classroom. There are no limits in any direction. You become what you become. There are many factors in this classroom that we are unaware of...

jurgen36

Yes I do completely agree with Chip. We are here to learn and if we as a race exist long enough we will be like gods. Most likely nothing at all will be beyond our capability. Unfortunately I will no longer be around to see this happen. But it would be very interesting indeed. As I said before good and evil are two different sides of the same coin, one can not exist without the other.
Regards

Harte

According to the Bible, what we are calling ghosts here cannot exist.

When you die, you sleep until Judgement Day. You're reborn into a new body and go stand in line (for probably several weeks) awaiting your turn at humiliation.
Then you jump in the pit.

Case closed.

Harte

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Harte said:
According to the Bible, what we are calling ghosts here cannot exist.

When you die, you sleep until Judgement Day. You're reborn into a new body and go stand in line (for probably several weeks) awaiting your turn at humiliation.
Then you jump in the pit.

Case closed.

Harte
So assuming the Bible is correct, and what people claim to see aren't really ghosts, what else can they be?

The first thing that springs to mind is extra dimensions, or the multiverse/parallel universe idea. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me though.

Chip Lewis

Webnower said:
So assuming the Bible is correct, and what people claim to see aren't really ghosts, what else can they be?

The first thing that springs to mind is extra dimensions, or the multiverse/parallel universe idea. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me though.

I have expressed this earlier in the thread. According to biblical doctrine these beings are the spirits of the "nephilim". These Angel/Human hybrid spirits are not of this world and are not of heaven (according to God). To punish the Angels for their misdeeds of leaving their habitation (heaven) to mate with human women; God sentenced the souls of the Angels offsping (the Nephilim) to walk the earth as evil spirits after they die. These souls were not accepted by God. Fully and eternally rejected by God they roam the earth picking on the helpless humans who are (obviously by the questions here) unawares. These creatures (while still alive) ate (yes...ate them...as in eat) humans. They hate us on a level that is incomprehensible.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

*slaps forehead*

You DID say that earlier :p That seems a little harsh, even for God. So if by some chance I'm a descendant of one of these beings I'm basically screwed? Even if I'm hardcore religious and everything?