Can ghosts and religion co-exist?

Chip Lewis

Re: Can ghosts and religion co-exist?

Webnower said:
*slaps forehead*

You DID say that earlier :p That seems a little harsh, even for God. So if by some chance I'm a descendant of one of these beings I'm basically screwed? Even if I'm hardcore religious and everything?

The flood in Noah's day killed 99% of them. You would know if you were related to an Angel. They keep very close ties....

Harsh? Hmm, they are "alive" (in spirit of course) aren't they? You ever see the movie "The Exorcist"? That is very similar to how the "nephilim" behave. Very perverse, cruel, and highly intelligent.

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

Chip said:
Very perverse, cruel, and highly intelligent.
My mom hits 2 out of 3 there ;) You never know

That makes a lot more sense now though. However, with the amount of ghost sightings and everything, it seems like a lot more than 1 percent of these things survived. I'm leaning towards the intersecting multiverse idea...

Chip Lewis

Webnower said:
My mom hits 2 out of 3 there ;) You never know

That makes a lot more sense now though. However, with the amount of ghost sightings and everything, it seems like a lot more than 1 percent of these things survived. I'm leaning towards the intersecting multiverse idea...

They all survived the 2nd death (so far). They were only removed from their flesh. Not completely killed. Even if every single Nephilim in Noah's day were killed, they would still haunt us like they do today. Remember, they are in spirit, not flesh.

Also remember, I'm not trying to convice you to believe. I'm informing you of what the biblical scripture says...

TimeWizardCosmo

Zenith

A lot of the stories you hear are based around a certain time period. Like one woman seeing Victorian era ghosts or someone seeing the ghosts of 1940s WWII soldiers. How can Nephilim be explained there?

Chip Lewis

Webnower said:
A lot of the stories you hear are based around a certain time period. Like one woman seeing Victorian era ghosts or someone seeing the ghosts of 1940s WWII soldiers. How can Nephilim be explained there?

The cunning ideas of "the devil" (and his ilk) are literally beyond comprehension.

Here is a little speculation for you;

If "rapture" predictions (another of Satan's cunning ideas) abound within the religious communities, and children are seeing "the virgin Mary" dance with the sun; What else is up his sleeve in order to convince us all that there is no God, or that Gods his plan does not include us.

Harte made a statement in this thread that was completely accurate (according to the bible). When we die we are changed into our spiritual bodies in the twinkling of an eye. Think that through for just a moment and you'll conclude that temporarily you will not exist until we rise from the grave. It's like being transported though time; if A person dies at this very moment, when they are resurrected it will have seemed like a "twinkling of an eye", or a real "jiffy".

Dead people do not haunt houses, or other locations.

To be even more frank; the existence of ghosts contradicts the bible. Those who (by the grace of God) have been forced to believe (whether by occurrences in life, or demonic faith) have no choice but face the possibility that these entities are as God described in "The Book of Enoch" as "evil spirits". Not to mention the message that can be extrapolated from the existence of a human spirit walking the Earth; that message is simply "there is no heaven".

To me; the agenda is quite transparent. The challenge that most face when confronted with a "ghost" is trying to figure out what it is. They are not warm, happy, smiling spirits. They are gloomy, dark, and sometimes downright hateful beings (another clue as to what they are). I'll refer you to the movie "The Exorcist" again by reminding you of the part where the demon spoke in the voice of the Priests mother who had recently passed away. Before this part the demon had stated that "Your mother is here with us!. These demons are half angel and can see from a much higher and more sophisticated vantage point than we can. Whether they can read our minds or they can spiritually visualize our family tree, it's hard to tell. But they know things that they normally would not know.

BTW - The novel "The Exorcist" was written by William Peter Blatty (excellent author) and was based upon the true story of a possessed boy from Canada. He interviewed the priest who exorcised that boy and it scared the "be-jesus" out of him. And so, in turn he scared the "be-jesus" out of all of us with his book (much much better than the movie).

Forgive my rambling...

Whitelight

Chip, you definately make me want to read more into the bible with all this.

How would you know if you were one of these nephilim? Or related?

gonzogirl

I would love it if someone would start a thread (hint, hint Chip...cuz U R so knowledgeable on the sub.)
A thread that has to do with the Bible. Like explaining everything. Explaining the books that go along with the Bible. A thread just on angels would be a good one...
The Bible has always been on my curious list....

Chip Lewis

gonzogirl said:
I would love it if someone would start a thread (hint, hint Chip...cuz U R so knowledgeable on the sub.)
A thread that has to do with the Bible. Like explaining everything. Explaining the books that go along with the Bible. A thread just on angels would be a good one...
The Bible has always been on my curious list....

I have been planning some serious additions (thread wise) to the forum. This particular subject is number 1 on my list. Unfortunately my plate is really too full at the moment to start anything within this week. But, over the next couple of weeks you will begin to see some phenomenal developments around here.

BTW - The interest in the subject is quite the motivator...I'll put a rush on that...

gonzogirl

Well.. now I will be polite and say..."oh, no rush"...but really, I can't wait! :)

jurgen36

Unfortunately the bible is written by people hundreds of years after the supposed incidents could have happened. Also the New Testament is full of anecdotes which predates the biblical times and are only slightly modified to fit the christian religion. Like the supposed resurrection, this theme was used literately thousands of years before in very ancient legends. Never mind I do believe if enough people believe in something it will become reality.
Regards