Can ghosts and religion co-exist?

gonzogirl

Re: Can ghosts and religion co-exist?

hhhmmmm.......Yeah but im still interested in the angels. And all the lost books.
I wonder, do you think the same about the Torah?

Harte

Chip said:
Harte made a statement in this thread that was completely accurate

Well, of course he did. All his statements are completely accurate.

What did you expect? :D

jurgen36 said:
Unfortunately the bible is written by people hundreds of years after the supposed incidents could have happened. Also the New Testament is full of anecdotes which predates the biblical times and are only slightly modified to fit the christian religion. Like the supposed resurrection, this theme was used literately thousands of years before in very ancient legends. Never mind I do believe if enough people believe in something it will become reality.
Regards

Yeah, well, that doesn't mean that the manically giggling bug-eyed boogers aren't there at the foot of your bed staring and drooling at you when you turn out your bedroom light! :eek:

Harte

gl100

Harte said:
Yeah, well, that doesn't mean that the manically giggling bug-eyed boogers aren't there at the foot of your bed staring and drooling at you when you turn out your bedroom light! :eek:

Harte

Used to have a bulldog, J Edgar, that did that. Freaked out the old lady more than once. Had a third cousin, Kenny, like that too but that's another story.

stinamarie1225

I don't think there is a problem with them co-existing. It could very well be possible for a spirit to be in some sort of a limbo -like or purgatory like state before reaching it's final destination.
We hear all the time about loved ones visiting those they left behind, or being seen by them around the time of death, etc. Who's to say they didn't remain here for a while for a reason, before going to heaven?
I guess we won't know the answer, and those who will, won't be able to tell us. It all boils down to faith, and belief. I believe. I have faith. Therefore, they can co-exist.
I really don;t know how to say what I think. It's hard to put into words, but this was the gist of it.