Debate Can psychic abilities ever be proven true?

Carl Miller

I'd like to state first of all that i am only too conscious of the fact, now i am on this side, howvery difficult it is _ i would almost say it is impossible_ to prove anything appertaining to psychic matters in a purely material or scientific way. I think we must accept the fact that scientific proof_ that is the kind of proof that you appeal and would be accepted, strictly on scientific grounds or scientif basis by scientif minds_ that it is practically impossible to prove 100% ; and you know science is only concerned with 100% proof. It is not concerned with 50 or 75. It may to some extent accept with reservations, but science is too anxious, i think, for 100% proof on a scientif basis os something which, in a sense, i feel cannot be accepted scientifically or proved scientifically....

Quote from a communication of the spirit Mr. Price to the medium Leslie Flint.

Freak Show

well, we see a psychic as being someone who can tell you your future. as being a medium and talking to my spirit guides, they answer me when i ask them questions. For instance, i asked how long i will live. I started by asking in terms of 10 years at a time, then by 5's than by 1's. i''m 50 years old now, i will live to be 68. So i have 18 years of life left in this lifetime. So is that telling the future, well sorta yeah. She(my spirit guide) told me.. So is that what a psychic is doing, asking their spirit guides for answers and receiving therm, then in turn tell you the customer. but the psychic is more or less the middle man, but does the psychic know the answer or is that person getting the answer from another source( spirit) but taking the credit for it.