Can the 2008 elections really be stopped?

gonzogirl

Re: Can the 2008 elections really be stopped?

It almost sounds like you didnt bother to really look at what Obama said to people. He didnt say "Ill give you a check!" He has detailed plans for just about everything. He will make it easier for low income people to get financial aid to go to schoo. I mean streamlining the process make it less intimidating..For someone who ALWAYS checks on the facts for everything Harte it sounds like you havent checked into the Obama plan in detail. I did and Mccains too...Mccain even contradicted his own website a few times..But hey ...
It is all water under that bridge now anyway Obama is the President elect and we shall see..Harte you may end up fiancially better off soon. What a trip for conservatives to have more money from a president they dont like! weird!
Harte what I find interesting is how we vote and where we live in the country.
West Coast is more Liberal and where you live is more Conservative. It always trips me out to see the electoral map and the pockets of blue and red.
I guess it boils down to that you think that the poor should do more to help themselves and I see that the poor need help to do more for themselves.
The American people have spoken. We want change.
I get the feeling that even though most Republicans dont like Obama...they do want a change as well. . For us all.
I liked John Mccains speech last night. It reminded me of the man I grew to respect years ago. I have always felt in my heart that he would have ended up being more to the center if elected regardless of his rhetoric during the campaign.
I have tremendous respect for the lifetime of service to this great nation.
He can help bridge the gap between the parties. I know he will be there to help..:)

gonzogirl

It almost sounds like you didnt bother to really look at what Obama said to people. He didnt say "Ill give you a check!" He has detailed plans for just about everything. He will make it easier for low income people to get financial aid to go to schoo. I mean streamlining the process make it less intimidating..For someone who ALWAYS checks on the facts for everything Harte it sounds like you havent checked into the Obama plan in detail. I did and Mccains too...Mccain even contradicted his own website a few times..But hey ...
It is all water under that bridge now anyway Obama is the President elect and we shall see..Harte you may end up fiancially better off soon. What a trip for conservatives to have more money from a president they dont like! weird!
West Coast is more Liberal and where you live is more Conservative. It always trips me out to see the electoral map and the pockets of blue and red.
I guess it boils down to that you think that the poor should do more to help themselves and I see that the poor need help to do more for themselves.
I get the feeling that even though most Republicans dont like Obama...they do want a change as well. . For us all.
I liked John Mccains speech last night. It reminded me of the man I grew to respect years ago. I have always felt in my heart that he would have ended up being more to the center if elected regardless of his rhetoric during the campaign.
He can help bridge the gap between the parties. I know he will be there to help..:)

Harte

gonzogirl said:
It almost sounds like you didnt bother to really look at what Obama said to people. He didnt say "Ill give you a check!" He has detailed plans for just about everything. He will make it easier for low income people to get financial aid to go to schoo. I mean streamlining the process make it less intimidating..For someone who ALWAYS checks on the facts for everything Harte it sounds like you havent checked into the Obama plan in detail.
From The Minority Report (among other sites):
Also there are other deceptions in the Obama 95% cut tax plan. First, 44% of Americans DO NOT PAY TAXES. So under the Obama tax plan these non tax payers will actually recieve a refund check which will be financed by the ,"spread the wealth," tax increase that Obama explained to the plumber.

Obama's so called tax cuts are not cuts at all but actually tax credits. In other words Obama redefines the meaning of a tax cut by proposing to either creating or expand seven tax credits for individuals.
These credits are:
1. A $500 tax credit ($1,000 a couple) to "make work pay" that phases out at income of $75,000 for individuals and $150,000 per couple.
2. A $4,000 tax credit for college tuition.
3. A 10% mortgage interest tax credit (on top of the existing mortgage interest deduction and other housing subsidies.
4. A "savings" tax credit of 50% up to $1,000.
5. An expansion of the earned-income tax credit that would allow single workers to receive as much as $555 a year, up from $175 now, and give these workers up to $1,110 if they are paying child support.
6. A child care credit of 50% up to $6,000 of expenses a year.
7. A "clean car" tax credit of up to $7,000 on the purchase of certain vehicles.
The catch with each of these is that all except the ,"clean car," credit are refundable which means that the 44% who pay NO TAXES will actually recieve each of the other six credits that they are eligable for in the form of a tax refund check, which again will be payed for by Obama's, "spread the wealth," tax increase. Infact according to The Heritage Foundation by 2011 Obama's refundable tax credit plan for non - taxpayers will actually increase the number of those who pay no taxes and recieve credit refunds each year by 10 million to a total of 73 million Americans.
Source

I highlighted the pertinant points.

Obama's "cuts" are actually credits. "Credits" means free money in the form of government checks, for those that pay no income taxes (as was stated above, that's 44% of the adult population.)

I have looked, see?
Argue with Ken Taylor.

gonzogirl said:
I did and Mccains too...Mccain even contradicted his own website a few times..But hey ...
I believe I've said somewhere around here (maybe it was on a different board) that I don't hold anything any candidate says in a campaign against them anymore. They all say whatever it takes to win. I believe I have also said that Obama most likely won't be able to do this "redistribution of the wealth" anyway.

However, with the Dems in control of both houses and the White House, I would suggest that you hold on to your wallet.

Clinton's first term was won on his promise of a middle class tax cut. With less that 6 months in office, Clinton's tax cut morphed into the largest tax increase the Middle Class has ever seen.

At any rate, I never said I don't like Obama. I preferred McCain, that's all. I said that here at Paranormalis too (maybe both statements were over at Unexplained-Mysteries, now that I think about it.)

I'm ready to get behind Obama right now. I will be in support of him until he pulls a Clinton on me.

I felt the same way about Clinton.

And believe me, I'm aware that Obama was promising me money as well!

gonzogirl said:
I'm all for helping the poor. But there's a right way and a wrong way to do it. That's all I've said in this thread all along.

Anyway, I was for McCain because I've been a fan of his for decades now. I never expected to get to vote for him because he's pissed of the Republicans so many times I never thought he'd get nominated (that's why I like him, BTW. If you wonder about a politician - check how many times he's voted against his party line, how many times he's voted against his state's own interests, and how many times he's voted in a way that could lose him a re-election. McCain's done all three multiple times.)

gonzogirl said:
So-called "mudslinging" in a campaign is a time-honored red-blooded apple pie American tradition. Like I showed you. It's also the reason I said I don't hold campaign rhetoric against any candidate. If you do hold it against them, and you're fair about it, then you can't ever support any candidate!

Harte

Harte

gonzogirl said:
It almost sounds like you didnt bother to really look at what Obama said to people. He didnt say "Ill give you a check!" He has detailed plans for just about everything. He will make it easier for low income people to get financial aid to go to schoo. I mean streamlining the process make it less intimidating..For someone who ALWAYS checks on the facts for everything Harte it sounds like you havent checked into the Obama plan in detail.
From The Minority Report (among other sites):
Also there are other deceptions in the Obama 95% cut tax plan. First, 44% of Americans DO NOT PAY TAXES. So under the Obama tax plan these non tax payers will actually recieve a refund check which will be financed by the ,"spread the wealth," tax increase that Obama explained to the plumber.

Obama's so called tax cuts are not cuts at all but actually tax credits. In other words Obama redefines the meaning of a tax cut by proposing to either creating or expand seven tax credits for individuals.
These credits are:
1. A $500 tax credit ($1,000 a couple) to "make work pay" that phases out at income of $75,000 for individuals and $150,000 per couple.
2. A $4,000 tax credit for college tuition.
3. A 10% mortgage interest tax credit (on top of the existing mortgage interest deduction and other housing subsidies.
4. A "savings" tax credit of 50% up to $1,000.
5. An expansion of the earned-income tax credit that would allow single workers to receive as much as $555 a year, up from $175 now, and give these workers up to $1,110 if they are paying child support.
6. A child care credit of 50% up to $6,000 of expenses a year.
7. A "clean car" tax credit of up to $7,000 on the purchase of certain vehicles.
The catch with each of these is that all except the ,"clean car," credit are refundable which means that the 44% who pay NO TAXES will actually recieve each of the other six credits that they are eligable for in the form of a tax refund check, which again will be payed for by Obama's, "spread the wealth," tax increase. Infact according to The Heritage Foundation by 2011 Obama's refundable tax credit plan for non - taxpayers will actually increase the number of those who pay no taxes and recieve credit refunds each year by 10 million to a total of 73 million Americans.
Source

I highlighted the pertinant points.

Obama's "cuts" are actually credits. "Credits" means free money in the form of government checks, for those that pay no income taxes (as was stated above, that's 44% of the adult population.)

I have looked, see?
Argue with Ken Taylor.

gonzogirl said:
I did and Mccains too...Mccain even contradicted his own website a few times..But hey ...
I believe I've said somewhere around here (maybe it was on a different board) that I don't hold anything any candidate says in a campaign against them anymore. They all say whatever it takes to win. I believe I have also said that Obama most likely won't be able to do this "redistribution of the wealth" anyway.

However, with the Dems in control of both houses and the White House, I would suggest that you hold on to your wallet.

Clinton's first term was won on his promise of a middle class tax cut. With less that 6 months in office, Clinton's tax cut morphed into the largest tax increase the Middle Class has ever seen.

At any rate, I never said I don't like Obama. I preferred McCain, that's all. I said that here at Paranormalis too (maybe both statements were over at Unexplained-Mysteries, now that I think about it.)

I'm ready to get behind Obama right now. I will be in support of him until he pulls a Clinton on me.

I felt the same way about Clinton.

And believe me, I'm aware that Obama was promising me money as well!

gonzogirl said:
I'm all for helping the poor. But there's a right way and a wrong way to do it. That's all I've said in this thread all along.

Anyway, I was for McCain because I've been a fan of his for decades now. I never expected to get to vote for him because he's pissed of the Republicans so many times I never thought he'd get nominated (that's why I like him, BTW. If you wonder about a politician - check how many times he's voted against his party line, how many times he's voted against his state's own interests, and how many times he's voted in a way that could lose him a re-election. McCain's done all three multiple times.)

gonzogirl said:
So-called "mudslinging" in a campaign is a time-honored red-blooded apple pie American tradition. Like I showed you. It's also the reason I said I don't hold campaign rhetoric against any candidate. If you do hold it against them, and you're fair about it, then you can't ever support any candidate!

Harte

gonzogirl

Harte that was a great post...I must admit you did check it out. I believe in paying more taxes if it means that we make a better society. I am also for STRICT control over the self sufficency programs (welfare). One thing I like is that when a person or family ask for Goverment assistance, they also have to ask for help in finding a job and drug screening goes along with that. There is a time limit on getting cash assistance. These days when a person is on cash assistance they have to go to job traing or counseling or volunteer work. All these improvements in the welfare system give me hope because people are forced to move along and not encouraged to sit on the system. Thats the way it is here anyway. Clackqmas county has some real creative ways that get to the heart of getting people to work. It has to do with second chances and being grateful.
We are going to have to pay for the war and we will. I am for taxing the hell out of the multi billion corporations who benefited from the war.
I am liberal and conservative at the same time. Sometimes its hard to be me. I piss people off because I support gay rights and the right to own guns. Drives some folks crazy (crazier)out here:D
I believe you Harte when you say you will get behind our new president.
Its the American thing to do...
The right thing to do.:)

gonzogirl

Harte that was a great post...I must admit you did check it out. I believe in paying more taxes if it means that we make a better society. I am also for STRICT control over the self sufficency programs (welfare). One thing I like is that when a person or family ask for Goverment assistance, they also have to ask for help in finding a job and drug screening goes along with that. There is a time limit on getting cash assistance. These days when a person is on cash assistance they have to go to job traing or counseling or volunteer work. All these improvements in the welfare system give me hope because people are forced to move along and not encouraged to sit on the system. Thats the way it is here anyway. Clackqmas county has some real creative ways that get to the heart of getting people to work. It has to do with second chances and being grateful.
We are going to have to pay for the war and we will. I am for taxing the hell out of the multi billion corporations who benefited from the war.
I am liberal and conservative at the same time. Sometimes its hard to be me. I piss people off because I support gay rights and the right to own guns. Drives some folks crazy (crazier)out here:D

Harte

gonzogirl said:
That's the welfare reform act that Republicans basically forced Clinton to sign. He got a lot of political mileage out of it though. Also, it has been wildly successful in getting people to be self-sufficient. Such self sufficiency is what breaks the old bonds of the poor self-esteem and subsequent generational poverty created by LBJ (and me.)

gonzogirl said:
Hey, you wanna raise taxes? Then gimme some specifics about what for and how long and why I should have to pay and maybe I'll go along with it.

gonzogirl said:
I am liberal and conservative at the same time.

Gonzo, no matter how we end up compartmentalizing each other (mainly due to the way the media compartmentalizes us,) this is true for almost all of us. There's hardly anybody that doesn't lean both ways for different causes.

gonzogirl said:
I piss people off because I support gay rights and the right to own guns. Drives some folks crazy (crazier)out here:D
Well, I'm a registered Republican (though I'll admit it's mainly due to a lingering reverence of Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan) but my wife and I were married by a dear friend of ours that happens to be lesbian (how exciting!!!:eek:)

Anyway, I always figured that I have an awful lot in common with lesbians!

Imagine that: gay, wedding, and ceremony all in one!! :D

This was in Florida and down there you only need a notary to get married. Kimberly (our friend) was a notary. But she really did it up - dressed all in black robes (she's a legal assistant) like a judge or something. Did the ceremony, vows etc.

The Christain Coalition would freakin explode. :D
gonzogirl said:

Obama, the instant he was named president-elect, caused the worldwide reputation of the USA to begin recovering. That's one thing he can do without any on-the-job training!

And hey, I'm nothing if not patriotic. Too patriotic for some.

Harte

Harte

gonzogirl said:
That's the welfare reform act that Republicans basically forced Clinton to sign. He got a lot of political mileage out of it though. Also, it has been wildly successful in getting people to be self-sufficient. Such self sufficiency is what breaks the old bonds of the poor self-esteem and subsequent generational poverty created by LBJ (and me.)

gonzogirl said:
Hey, you wanna raise taxes? Then gimme some specifics about what for and how long and why I should have to pay and maybe I'll go along with it.

gonzogirl said:
I am liberal and conservative at the same time.

Gonzo, no matter how we end up compartmentalizing each other (mainly due to the way the media compartmentalizes us,) this is true for almost all of us. There's hardly anybody that doesn't lean both ways for different causes.

gonzogirl said:
I piss people off because I support gay rights and the right to own guns. Drives some folks crazy (crazier)out here:D
Well, I'm a registered Republican (though I'll admit it's mainly due to a lingering reverence of Barry Goldwater and Ronald Reagan) but my wife and I were married by a dear friend of ours that happens to be lesbian (how exciting!!!:eek:)

Anyway, I always figured that I have an awful lot in common with lesbians!

Imagine that: gay, wedding, and ceremony all in one!! :D

This was in Florida and down there you only need a notary to get married. Kimberly (our friend) was a notary. But she really did it up - dressed all in black robes (she's a legal assistant) like a judge or something. Did the ceremony, vows etc.

The Christain Coalition would freakin explode. :D
gonzogirl said:

Obama, the instant he was named president-elect, caused the worldwide reputation of the USA to begin recovering. That's one thing he can do without any on-the-job training!

And hey, I'm nothing if not patriotic. Too patriotic for some.

Harte

gonzogirl

Another Great post. :)
You said you have alot in common with the Lesbians....Maybe you are a lesbian trapped in a mans body! That is sort of the case with the Mayor of Silverton Oregon. I grew up there and have known him for about thirty years. His name is Stu Rasmussen. He has hit the news lately because he just became the mayor of Silverton. For the second time! He beat the current mayor by 13. And he is still with his girlfriend for 35 years! I love Stu, he makes for a handome man.
The town runs conservative but because most of the population grew up with him, they trust him. Oh and he was instrumental in changing the town years ago from nothin to the charming little spot it is today. cool isnt it? I think he is the first transgendered mayor....

gonzogirl

Another Great post. :)
You said you have alot in common with the Lesbians....Maybe you are a lesbian trapped in a mans body! That is sort of the case with the Mayor of Silverton Oregon. I grew up there and have known him for about thirty years. His name is Stu Rasmussen. He has hit the news lately because he just became the mayor of Silverton. For the second time! He beat the current mayor by 13. And he is still with his girlfriend for 35 years! I love Stu, he makes for a handome man.
The town runs conservative but because most of the population grew up with him, they trust him. Oh and he was instrumental in changing the town years ago from nothin to the charming little spot it is today. cool isnt it? I think he is the first transgendered mayor....