Debate Candidates for the Government's Time Matrix...

GLXYCUBED

Alright, I'm aware there are MANY possible mechanisms that are viable in theory. I thought I'd post what I think are the most likely contenders.

1. Quantum Computer Time Travel: now ,I have to admit the idea for this comes via author Brian Clegg. It utilizes the Quantum Entanglement phenomenon and would teleport a Quantum state from the future to the present. I think that would negate sending anything/anyone through time, just Quantum information.

2. Wormholes: many of us have seen Hollywood movies like DEJA VU. In the film Denzel Washington and The National Security Agency utilize that, With something called "Snow White", a Time Window and Surveillance tool to prevent a terrorist bombing. Questions arise to whether one could be stabilized to traverse for that purpose.

3. Tesla Technology: The brilliant scientist was known to be a bit eccentric and claims that his papers contributed to Time Travel do pop up from time to time. Imo, electromagnetism seems a rather unlikely mechanism for Time Travel, but can't be discounted entirely.

I know there are many more, these three stood out. Add your thoughts or opinions...join in!

GLXYCUBED

Hmmm. No takers yet? Surely some must believe in TIME MACHINES in a TIME TRAVEL FORUM..lol

Martian

Snow White... Did you know that she was given a poison apple by the, uh, wicked witch or whatever it was? Uh huh.

I think you're giving government too much credit. Efficiency and intelligence are not things they devise or attract. Like the saying goes, how many government employees does it take to replace a light bulb? 10 million. Why? Because paycheck.

GLXYCUBED

Snow White... Did you know that she was given a poison apple by the, uh, wicked witch or whatever it was? Uh huh.

I think you're giving government too much credit. Efficiency and intelligence are not things they devise or attract. Like the saying goes, how many government employees does it take to replace a light bulb? 10 million. Why? Because paycheck.

Depends on what entity of gov't you come in touch with..we split the atom, sent man to the moon and other feats of physics. Time Travel would surely be Weaponized..hence, classified and verboten to reveal..

Martian

Depends on what entity of gov't you come in touch with..we split the atom, sent man to the moon and other feats of physics. Time Travel would surely be Weaponized..hence, classified and verboten to reveal..
Those things occurred in another era, before hippies, affirmative action, and career politicians.

GLXYCUBED

Those things occurred in another era, before hippies, affirmative action, and career politicians.

I disagree. See "The Singularity is Near"...

TimeFlipper

Yeah Paycheck, excellent time-travel movie :D