Change past or not in current timeline

Brian Jung

I have discussed with a couple of experts about this matter. All of them said viewing past is possible but altering is not. However time travel experiemced through HDR mentioned they had talked with peoples and interactive with them, which means they changed the past regardledss of the degree. In my opinion, expert's opinion is incliend to current timeline and traveler's saying is incliend to alternate timeline. But I am curious some HDR users claimed their current circumstanes are changed after travel whether it is big or not.

Let me get this straight, current timeline can be changed or not?

Mark Pattinson

Thanx for sharing your views . I know much about time travel. Its upto you to decide time travel is effective for you or not.

Samstwitch

So are you asking if the past can be changed by using an HDR machine, or are you asking if the past can be changed by using any genuine Time Travel device?

Brian Jung

I wondered physical time travel through HDR is on the same timeline or alternate one. I guess they have traveled alternate one, not same one.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
There is one theory that you cannot change your current past because every time you time travel, you are creating a new universe. It was brought to my attention recently, but not confirmed, of the possibility of the point of origin being the same. (I have ZERO proof of this). So, maybe moving backward you create a new universe, but you MAY POSSIBLY be able to return "home" as it may be possible that all universes spring up from (0,0). Make sense? This is all speculation. :)

Brian Jung

There is one theory that you cannot change your current past because every time you time travel, you are creating a new universe. It was brought to my attention recently, but not confirmed, of the possibility of the point of origin being the same. (I have ZERO proof of this). So, maybe moving backward you create a new universe, but you MAY POSSIBLY be able to return "home" as it may be possible that all universes spring up from (0,0). Make sense? This is all speculation. :)

You mean the present is another present.

Ren

It isn't a theory. It is true.
It is impossible to kill your own grandfather or yourself.
The moment you time travel into the past, you are no longer in your own past.
You give birth to a new past and a new universe.
You can kill your alternate grandfather and alternate self.
If you leave a trace to your original universe, you can get back there.
You can't change your original universe past in any way.
You can bring things from alternate universes into your original universe and alter your original future.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Ren, I agree but science has not declared it a law so what else am I supposed to say? I'm not a physicist. I can't declare it a scientific law myself. Picky, picky.

Samstwitch

To me, this makes sense, except for the possibility of returning "home". Isn't this along the lines of what John Titor said?