Chris

Felic--

Re: Chris

Odd to see you are still pursuing this thread Chris. Haven't you come to grips with life here yet? I think if you were to go back to your own time after spending so long here, you would be almost unable to bear it; think of the mundanity of having to spend all that time again up until now, when you already knew how everything was going to turn out! That's no kind of a life; we humans need to be on the edge, its what keeps us active and imaginative. You need to embrace the now as the present, integrate yourself into society and make something of yourself in our world.

Doc Brown

Having only recently returned here, after a gap of a few months, it's nice to see Chris is still around. May I just ask if you've ever got an idea of the effect that your living with your future self has on him personally? Have you ever got the impression that it cramps his style a bit, or inconveniences him?

I think you said you arrived here on 7th March 2004? That would mean you've been here for almost 14 months. If you were 16 at the time, you must be about 17 now, I guess. If you're still here in a few years time, do you think you'll have to get a place of your own, or something?

How anxious are you to return home, anyway? I remember in some of your posts, you seemed to be wrestling with your wish to return to 1993 and the fact that you were actually growing quite used to the present time. I'm sure you'd love to go home, but after 14 months in the future, maybe you'd feel a little homesick for it?

How was your first Christmas in the future?

Chris

Sorry about the long delay in posting. To be frank, I was in a bit of a bad spot, mental wise. Call it a major mood swing. Anyway.

To Doc Brown: If it does inconvenience him, he doesn't let on. We've had our fights but nothing has ever been said along those lines. I think he's quite pleased to have company! Even if it is himself.

I will be getting a place of my own hopefully in about 8-9 months, once I finish my education. I'll be moving north, out of Sydney and into Brisbane with friends that I've gotten to know really well. On that line of conversation though, my identification problems have been 'sorted out'. We came up with a story that I lived with extended family in rural South Australia, however after a house fire I left for good. All my documentation was lost in the fire, and with that holey story (but good enough) I acquired a new birth certificate or something similar. No passport yet.

I'm getting increasingly worried, however. The current Prime Minister is suggesting we start up a National ID card, so that everyone who lives in Australia would have a card with details on it, both printed and magnetically encoded. The printed material includes my fingerprint. If they ever did match our fingerprints together, there would be a lot of explaining to do. Especially if they checked our DNA against each other. I'm moving to an entirely different state, and severing ties here in Sydney in 8-9 months as I said, so hopefully that'll be enough time to separate us enough.

I've probably said it before, but now it's certain. The past is past. I doubt I'll ever see 1993 again and that's a fact. The future, now my present, has grown on me. Soon I'll be beginning my own life and I'll start over again. One of my friends I already have my eye on, so it would be nice if she saw me the same way. Still, it happened once. Anything is always possible it seems.

Too bad I won't be getting rich with lotto results, as some have suggested.

(P.S, Christmas was great. I couldn't see family but we made the most of it.)

The_Ruffneck

You won't be alone in your opposition to the ID card , especially with this fingerprint imprint on 'em.

It'll be a while before they bring them in , but i think passports might be the first to have this sort of tech in them.Might want to update your passport just before they bring it in , if you are under 18 it lasts for 5 years over 18 lasts for 10 years.

Jovial_Kitten

Oh man This brings back great memories. I can't help but remember another time traveler who was all about wanting me to come with him and have me have his babies. Good times! Augustus I think it was? agh. I can't remember and that was a computer and hard drive wipe ago.