Captain Leale Martelli - The Odyssey in the Realms of Time

Mjölnir

Little Doctor, you wrote about Leale Martelli house (or room, considering the size). Maybe is his room in Via della Sambuca?

Last edited:

LITTLE DOCTOR

Leale Martelli realized that he could not do much to save Dr. Piede and when he saw the romitone move away with the looks of his cat he decided to follow him. Leale's anger against the romitone was very tense and in trying to get him to strike him, he stumbled on a pine slaughtered by the American cannons and fell. The romitone seeing Leale on the ground came to him and said, "Poor captain was enough a piece of wood to get you down, how can you expect to achieve your goals? Follow me and I'll show you one thing." The romitone, always in the shape of the cat, led Leale to the small cemetery in the village. Entering the romitone changed many times form, before a wild boar, then a goat, in the end a hooded monk. Leale said, "These games do not impress me at all, show me your true face, or are you afraid that i mock you?
The romitone replied to Leale: "You are very skilled in provoking me, but I do not even remember my true form anymore. I was created long ago and I remember only being a double-faced statuette but I no longer see it from A lot of time. I remember an Armenian monk who always carried one with him and some of the most sublime knights who adored it. Perhaps even the noble Huygens possessed one and perhaps it was the same belonged to the Armenian monk. Now I remember, the statue is in Huygens's sacellum with his treasure. But you, captain are not interested in the treasure, you only care about completing the mission. That's why I like you, you're not a vengeful one, your goal is glory, you want to deserve the crosses you bring on your chest and then prepare yourself, the time has come. Beyond that tomb there is your destiny and that of other men. Now Captain go that the cold is coming in. " That said the romitone resumed the shape of the cat and disappeared among the tombs. The captain approached the tomb indicated by the romitone and began to snow. Everything was white and Leale understood that the mission had begun. Leale found himself with the big Nazi army on the eastern front as a SS NCO. Around him there was a great assembly of men and means, it did not seem like a ruined army, but a well equipped army and well armed with a very high morale. It was very cold and snowy, but all the soldiers were in full activity. Leale joined a small group of soldiers that was eating. The atmosphere was festive, a soldier resumed with a camera the activities of the camp and the other soldiers were laying in. At some point, this climate of absurd tranquility vanished, a large column of military vehicles was heading for the Nazi camp ...

Mjölnir

Thanks for the reply... some light has been done.
It could be helpful to help Romitone remeber who he is.
Or maybe Romitone was not telling the truth because it was not necessary and he knows exactly who he is but he can't reveal it, in order to keep his power.

LITTLE DOCTOR

The column of military vehicles went slowly toward the Nazi camp, but arrived near the camp, continued to the south. Suddenly the column stopped at the edge of a frozen river to see if the ice was able to withstand the weight of the column vehicles. A Nazi NCO from the Nazi camp approached to advise against the passage. The column commander did not want to follow the NCO's advice, he wanted to go to all costs, he had received the categorical order to deliver prisoners before the night. The cornful SS officer decided to make a test: he ordered the prison truck driver to drop the women and test the ice resistance with only children on board. The women had to get off the trucks and the children left alone were scared and began to cry. The women to calm them told them to sing a rhino. At some point some soldiers fell on the ice and this made the kids laugh, but the laughter lasted very little. A few tens of meters away, the truck broke the ice and began to sink into the cold waters of the river. Some women threw themselves into the river in an attempt to save their children, no German soldier moved to help those children.
At that point Leale Martelli took off his helmet and winter jacket and made the gesture to dive into the river. The column commander glides: "idiot, what are you trying to do? Do you really want to risk dying to save the dirty Jews? Return to your place or I'll shoot you." Leale Martelli grabbed the officer and threw him into the frozen river, then dived into the desperate attempt to save at least one child.
The waters shone Leale in a frosty vice. The heart seemed to stop knocking, his arms and legs looked like stone. For a moment Captain Leale lost all strength, but the tears and laments gave him new strength. He grabbed in the jacket a baby that was wandering in front of him and managed to take it to shore. The child died within minutes of exposure to frostbite.
Even Leale Martelli was risking frostbite, but he did not realize it, as once he came to the shore he was hit by the kick of a rifle at his head, immobilized and dragged into a barn that served as a provisional prison with another prisoner ...

Michael Da Pisa

Hello, very interesting story to read of...it took me 2 days and now I feel I have to get into it

Welcome Michael. If you are "da Pisa", maybe you know, and maybe you've been in Valle Benedetta. Have you some infomration to add to this story?

Unfortunately, not much. I'm seeking response from a Martelli from Livorno for some informations.
Looking forward to visit the place though.