City Building Games

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I know the latest SimCity is lame. Gameplay is too simplified, the maps are waaaaay too small and it's downright too easy.

I've been playing the SimCity series for years since SimCity 2000. Then came 3000. then 4, then 4: Rush Hour. They were all amazing, even the 4th one, released in 2003 is still a very good game today. Even though I have the latest one released in 2013, I don't play much because it doesn't feel like a SimCity game at all. :(

That said, SimCity 2000 has a special place in my heart. :)

I just discovered a pretty good city building game that was released in 2015: Cities: Skylines. It's kinda like what Simcity 2013 was supposed to be, except there are no disasters. You can build ridiculously huge cities that will have you ponder what to do next for hours and hours. The game engine works a treat and it does feel like a Simcity game, surprisingly.

What city building games are you enjoying the most?

LisaTiffany

My boyfriend played city skylines for a while but he had to keep tearing down his cities because he didn't put in enough planning for infrastructure and the like so soon enough his city had traffic jams all over and he kept losing control. In the end he quit playing, technically my current minecraft world could be called a city builder. I started work on it last January. It's all been built one block at a time on PS4 and I've kept it a solo project. I love architecture so I try to incorporate a lot of real buildings.

mycity.jpg

I also set aside a few maps for more traditional builds, there are also about 20 different modern houses with full interiors and landscaping. I've just finished the London HSBC building, the London Citi tower, and the New York CitiCorp HQ :)

mytrad.jpg

Num7

Administrator
Staff
OMG, Minecraft!! LOL I WANNA PLAY SO BAD!!

I used to play a lot to Minecraft back then, but I don't have so much time anymore. It's an incredibly cool game in which the only limit is your creativity. Sweet!

Do you play in Survival or Creative mode? :)

LisaTiffany

Oh I originally played survival with a bunch of friends but the world was hosted by another player so once they stopped playing we all lost our builds. Ever since then I concentrated on my own solo world and switched it to creative so I could build anything I wanted and didn't have to go mining out the materials. The console version still isn't as up to date as the PC version but hopefully we will soon be getting a new update before Christmas. I get most of the new games that come but always seem to go back to minecraft every time, Fallout 4 is out next month so I'll be giving that some serious time. :)

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
Any Call of Duty: Ghosts players out there?
... or Clash of Clans?

My guilty pleasures along with Paranormalis according to my other half.

LisaTiffany

Any Call of Duty: Ghosts players out there?
... or Clash of Clans?

My guilty pleasures along with Paranormalis according to my other half.

I skipped Ghosts but heard good things. I've always preferred the Battlefield series because you can drive/fly too. I'm really looking forward to Star Wars Battlefront, the Beta was a lot of fun and played great. I put up a small playlist from the Beta. It's kind of mix between both Battlefield and Call of Duty :)

Snake Plissken

I believe..
Zenith
Ghosts is the best CoD out there.

My mate plays Battlefield, he loves it.

Star Wars battlefront looks good. Looking forward to having a go.

... But all fall into insignificance next to 'Clash of Clans' :)