Civilization VI Game

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Civilization VI came out in October and I've been addicted ever since. I am really enjoying it.

Some of the differences between 5 and 6:

You can no longer stack troops in your cities unless you form what is called a "corp", or an army.
You now have Apostles to help spread and defend your religion
You now research policies - more control over how you want your country to operate
You can assign these policies to your government type -- they are all types of benefits
Housing - you now have to have enough housing for your population and can eventually build neighborhoods.

When I think of more, I'll post them. I thought I'd be able to remember more. Doh. lol.

I'm waiting for the community on Steam to start creating more content and governments. I wish there was a larger variety of leaders to choose from. This will change when people start creating them, though.

Last edited:

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I heard it's a pretty awesome game. My computer won't run it though. :( I wish I could try it, the gameplay seems incredibly deep in this one.

I kinda have a love-hate relationship with the Civilization games. In Civ V, I always had a hard time taking care of religion and tourism, I kinda didn't like that part. I played Civ Beyond Earth a lot though, it was a great game but all the games felt the same after 2 or 3, no matter what I'd do. I guess that also applies to Civ 5.

Do they offer interesting strategic choices in Civ 6? Choices that matter?

Right now, I'm playing the new Master of Orion game, it's the best game I've played in ages, I love it! It's Civilization in space, pretty much. You have planets instead of cities, 6 victory conditions, battles, research, etc.

Master of Orion on Steam

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I heard it's a pretty awesome game. My computer won't run it though. :( I wish I could try it, the gameplay seems incredibly deep in this one.

I kinda have a love-hate relationship with the Civilization games. In Civ V, I always had a hard time taking care of religion and tourism, I kinda didn't like that part. I played Civ Beyond Earth a lot though, it was a great game but all the games felt the same after 2 or 3, no matter what I'd do. I guess that also applies to Civ 5.

Do they offer interesting strategic choices in Civ 6? Choices that matter?

Right now, I'm playing the new Master of Orion game, it's the best game I've played in ages, I love it! It's Civilization in space, pretty much. You have planets instead of cities, 6 victory conditions, battles, research, etc.

Master of Orion on Steam

Well, you can certainly ignore religion in the game, but the benefits you choose for your religion can help you win the game.
And yes, it pretty much is the same game. It just has enhancements. The strategic choices are exactly the same minus the diplomatic victory, which no longer exists. You have culture, science (won by going to Mars), religion, and domination, only.

Workers are now called builders and they only get 3 tasks, then they disappear. They also don't build roads, which I don't like.
A military engineer can build roads, but it comes so late in the game that I don't even bother. Trade routes automatically create roads, though.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Wow, builders can only build 3 things? Does that make building improvements tedious?

Also, I think it's pretty cool that roads are built automatically with trade. Building roads was sooooo long in Civ 5 and BE, it would literally take ages to build them.

I felt that the strategic choices in Beyond Earth were pretty futile. The choices they had you make weren't interesting, they didn't feel like they were a big deal, not at all. I hoped they'd spiced things up a bit in Civ 6.

Content-wise, is the game right now, as deep as Civ 5 with all its extensions?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Wow, builders can only build 3 things? Does that make building improvements tedious?

Well, making improvements is tedious because it takes a bit of time to build a worker and they aren't cheap to buy. So, they've made that part of the game harder. I seriously don't even worry about roads anymore in VI.

I felt that the strategic choices in Beyond Earth were pretty futile. The choices they had you make weren't interesting, they didn't feel like they were a big deal, not at all. I hoped they'd spiced things up a bit in Civ 6.

I wish they kept the diplomatic victory because diplomacy is a real pain in the arse in 6. People get mad at you just for trading with a city state...so there is ALWAYS someone mad at me..... until one game I managed to create an alliance (somehow) with 3 civilizations.

Content-wise, is the game right now, as deep as Civ 5 with all its extensions?

Yes, a tad deeper with the Civics feature. You research them like science.

Still an addictive game. I'm up to Emperor level.

paradox404

Ghandi be like:

"We back up our words WITH NUKES!!!"

Good old ghandi, constantly threatening to nuke everyone to pieces...

Did Ghandi REALLY say stuff like that???? lol

Yea. In the origional CIV game there was a bug that caused him to be agressive to the point of using nukes all the time. In the later games they deliberately made him like that to keep the meme going.

http://kotaku.com/why-gandhi-is-such-an-asshole-in-civilization-1653818245

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Ghandi be like:

"We back up our words WITH NUKES!!!"

Good old ghandi, constantly threatening to nuke everyone to pieces...

Did Ghandi REALLY say stuff like that???? lol

Yea. In the origional CIV game there was a bug that caused him to be agressive to the point of using nukes all the time. In the later games they deliberately made him like that to keep the meme going.

http://kotaku.com/why-gandhi-is-such-an-asshole-in-civilization-1653818245

That's funny. I didn't know that. hahahaha