Could this be the rift that starts the civil war?

Darkwolf

Re: Could this be the rift that starts the civil war?

Nothing justifies death, really. Sure - some terrible things people do could be considered as being punishable, maybe even by things far worse than death, but to point and aim a gun at any protestor is going a tad too far.

I went to Kent for a year, and talked to many people who were there. The protesters were not innocent. They were burning buildings, and they were throwing things like apples with razors sticking out of them at guardsmen, and people doing things like trying to get the power back on. They had also threatened to fire on the soldiers. The fault does not lie with the soldiers who fired. One of them twitched, and the rest fired as well. The fault lies with whatever moron issued live ammo, and the SDS agent provactures from Berkly who engeneered the event to make some martyrs.

StarLord

It has always amazed me just how 'peaceful' a anti war demonstration could get on BOTH parts.

Darkwolf

The pro and anti war folks these days are being downright civil by comparison.

Judge Bean

Finally you guys are getting it. It's not ego, it's not greed, it's not liberalism, it's not conservatism, it's not oil, it's not the environment, it's not civil rights, it's not states rights, it's not the right to life, it's not choice, it's not the poor, it's not the rich, it's not school lunch, it's not busing, it's not peace in our time, it's not "Remember the Maine!".

This was got by a lot of us a while back, actually. Read some of Darkwolf's posts from the past month. Actually, there is a kind of consensus here right now that the old idea of "politics" has been killed off. It is not my impression that we are all just now having the light dawn upon us, but thank you for the recognition of our fledgling enlightenment.

It is votes and only votes that motivates the actions of politicians. If you want to predict the actions of a politician, examine who bought his votes.

Every position that results in vote-getting will be taken by some politician. Including Paul J. Lyon, if he runs.

I am not a politician. If anyone gets the chance to vote for me, I think it'd be a fine thing, but, even in such a case, if you want to vote for somebody else, that's also a fine thing, and if you expect me to grovel or kiss your ass to get your vote, you can go to hell. If you are predicting that I may be purchased, or have my work and mind set up for sale, you don't need to wait for the election, can go to hell now.

Paul, if you are elected Prez. you will resign. You would not want to do what this country makes you do to maintain that office.

Well, I guess you'll have to take that chance. It's not the country, by the way, but a small group of criminal profiteers that make politicians cater to them. I think that some are beyond their reach.

It's my understanding that they don't wait for you to resign. They just kill you.

I was born in 1956 and I can't remember any lifelong politician that was not an opportunistic slimeball by some definition of the term.

You've forgotten Jimmy Carter, Barry Goldwater, John McCain, Adlai Stevenson, and many, many others. Let's not spread the slime too generally, or you won't be able to spot the good ones.

Darkwolf

I also doubt that Paul could be bought. Unfortunatly that very virtue is what will prevent him from being elected under the current system. Sorry man, its just too rotten to get many of the good guys in now.

Judge Bean

I wonder how many Americans prefer to have only presidents who can be bought.

Darkwolf

Quite a few apperently. The problem is that the ones who can be bought are the ones with the money available to market themselves in a way that the public falls for. The majority of the public can be and are controlled by marketing tactics much more so than they are by integrety and logic. Without some radical changes, that sad fact isn't going anywhere.

sosuemetoo

I am not a politician. If anyone gets the chance to vote for me, I think it'd be a fine thing, but, even in such a case, if you want to vote for somebody else, that's also a fine thing, and if you expect me to grovel or kiss your ass to get your vote, you can go to hell. If you are predicting that I may be purchased, or have my work and mind set up for sale, you don't need to wait for the election, can go to hell now.

Paul -
I'd vote for you. I respect you and your opinion.

Section_One

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Darkwolf\")</div>
Looks like mabey it almost did start something.

Print this story[/b]

Wow...talk about loons. I thought most militas were in support of State's Rights and the will of the people...I guess I must have been wrong.

Darkwolf

Wow...talk about loons. I thought most militas were in support of State's Rights and the will of the people...I guess I must have been wrong.

They are, but they are also overwhelmingly pro life. The media circus got their emotions up like it did alot of us.