Could this be the rift that starts the civil war?

Anders

Re: Could this be the rift that starts the civil war?

Is it possible that Douglas Addams was right about the role of the president (e.g. Zaphod Beeblebrox, President of the Imperial Galactic Government, a title better known by its acronym), that the job of the president is to draw attention AWAY from power? Does the prez just draw the fire while those who actually run things have free rein to continue doing so unobstructed? In that case, the job of president is actually a bizarre parody of evolution wherein the ones least fit for the job survives. It therefor doesn't matter who the president is.

Darkwolf

Is it possible that Douglas Addams was right about the role of the president (e.g. Zaphod Beeblebrox, President of the Imperial Galactic Government, a title better known by its acronym), that the job of the president is to draw attention AWAY from power? Does the prez just draw the fire while those who actually run things have free rein to continue doing so unobstructed? In that case, the job of president is actually a bizarre parody of evolution wherein the ones least fit for the job survives. It therefor doesn't matter who the president is.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

Judge Bean

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"sosuemetoo\")</div>
Paul -
I'd vote for you. I respect you and your opinion.[/b]

And I respect yours, and I'd vote for you, too. All of us here have demonstrated the validity of Jefferson's prediction that America would produce natural leaders. You are serving us here on the board, and I am already serving without benefit of election.

But I do appreciate the support, and depend a great deal on being heard by others. It has meant a great deal to me to get to put my stuff here without interference by an editor.

The way it works, I think, is that I cannot fail to be President of the World when what I write is taken to heart. I am Pope of the World, that was my original title here (though it's probably not in good taste to use it this week).

If what I write can be absorbed and used, it doesn't matter exactly who is elected what. It's like not caring whether you ever make anything of yourself so long as your kids amount to something.

The constituency I have on the forum is more than I can handle if I still have not convinced some of you of the Constitutional crisis.

We are currently in the midst of a rather strong propaganda barrage, a sophisticated "spin" bureaucracy that finely tunes the wording and mood. They can turn black into white, truth into lies, and make a word mean whatever they want it to in the new Wonderland, D.C.

What you want to elect is my ideas, not me. They're not even my ideas, they're everywhere, as common as cats. If any of them are mine, please take them and give them a good home, feed them, let them sleep with you.

It's OK, I've got more than I can take care of.

StarLord

That's what scares me about Paul, the Ideas he's forgotten. Those are the ones I may not hear about.

Timmy G

But I do appreciate the support, and depend a great deal on being heard by others. It has meant a great deal to me to get to put my stuff here without interference by an editor.
?
The way it works, I think, is that I cannot fail to be President of the World when what I write is taken to heart. I am Pope of the World, that was my original title here (though it's probably not in good taste to use it this week).
?
If what I write can be absorbed and used, it doesn't matter exactly who is elected what. It's like not caring whether you ever make anything of yourself so long as your kids amount to something.
?
The constituency I have on the forum is more than I can handle if I still have not convinced some of you of the Constitutional crisis.
?
We are currently in the midst of a rather strong propaganda barrage, a sophisticated \"spin\" bureaucracy that finely tunes the wording and mood. They can turn black into white, truth into lies, and make a word mean whatever they want it to in the new Wonderland, D.C.
?
What you want to elect is my ideas, not me. They're not even my ideas, they're everywhere, as common as cats. If any of them are mine, please take them and give them a good home, feed them, let them sleep with you.
?
It's OK, I've got more than I can take care of.

I read what Paul wrote, and think of the movie "It's a Wonderful Life". For those who may not know - the movie is basically about what life would be like in this guys home town if he had never existed; how much different people would be if he never interacted with the townsfolk, etc.

...and in the same light, I think about how much of an impact Paul and several others here at the TTF have most likely made on life itself.

:)

Keep up the insightful posts...

DadOf5

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"DadOf5\")</div>
\\"Judges continue to substitute their own political views for the law, and we must push back,\\" Smith said. Asked whether he would take steps to retaliate against judges in the Schiavo case, Smith said: \\"I would certainly be a part of any effort that Tom DeLay was. If that\'s the direction that the leaders want to go, I would be happy to go that direction as well.\\"
[/b]

CaryP

Great find Dado. Is this the same Tom DeLay that had his campaign pay his wife and daughter $500,000 over the last few years? The same Tom DeLay that is facing potential indictment over his "ethics"? Is that an oxymoron or what. Congressional ethics. LMAO

But yeah, the neocons are slowly and steadily consolidating their power. Bastards.

Cary

Timmy G

Just a little somethin' to add to Dado's post.

I look at the title of this thread - and look at the last sentences of the below article (( Article found <a href=\'http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=14308672&BRD=1675&PAG=461&dept_id=18168&rfi=6\' target=\'_blank\'>HERE</a> [/quote]