Delicacies?! Gah!!

TnWatchdog

Boy did I work up an appetite reading your post...yummy.
I thought I heard they serve Milt up there in Anoka, Minnesota...or maybe it was Lutefisk.
Ha...

Wind7

Staff
I thought I heard they serve Milt up there in Anoka, Minnesota...or maybe it was Lutefisk.
Ha...

:ROFLMAO:

When I was around 13 or 14 yrs. of age, my mum made me try a large spoonful of lutefisk....
... needless to say, one bite and it ended up on the kitchen wall!:sick:

Wasn't Milton Berle referred to as
Uncle Milty? Hmm.....:rolleyes:

Number 6 on that list nailed me....
.....yuuuuuck!!

Next time you make it to MN.,
mebbe you should order black pudding, prairie oyster stew with a side order of bat paste.....
....and a 'wafer thin mint'.* :D

Ugh. o_0

* (Monty Python's Mr. Creosote reference.) :D

TnWatchdog

Ha...

:ROFLMAO:

When I was around 13 or 14 yrs. of age, my mum made me try a large spoonful of lutefisk....
... needless to say, one bite and it ended up on the kitchen wall!:sick:

Wasn't Milton Berle referred to as
Uncle Milty? Hmm.....:rolleyes:

Number 6 on that list nailed me....
.....yuuuuuck!!

Next time you make it to MN.,
mebbe you should order black pudding, prairie oyster stew with a side order of bat paste.....
....and a 'wafer thin mint'.* :D

Ugh. o_0

* (Monty Python's Mr. Creosote reference.) :D
I actually like lutefisk...but they don't sell it in Tennessee...it's a northern thang...lol
I do remember beer parties out on the farm where there were serving up Rocky Mountain Oysters. I asked what they were...pig nuts was their answer. I never tried them and don't plan to either.

Wind7

Staff
Ha! Yeah.. I will never eat them, ever!

A band I was in played a party that took place way in the backwoods up North past Isle, Mn.

They put out quite a spread of really good food...all homestyle. I remember dishing up a huge plate and one of the people there pointed to these deep fried thangs he called oysters.... I plunked a bunch on my plate, right?

I sat down to eat and that's when the bass player looked at me and laughing, points at my plate,
" You know what those are?"
"No? Whhhyyy??"
"They're deep fried testicles."

o_0:sick:

I dumped my plate and started fresh.

Incidentally, I was introduced to some bonified moonshine that evening.

They knew their stuff and man it was smooth.....they had a network of farms some with stills of their own.
That's the kind of people they were,
down to earth, straight forward and they loved our band.

That was 1982.

Great time.

(If not for those stinkin' oysters.)

:D

Harte

I've eaten testicles many many times - they're very tasty.
(BTW, I love pronouncing that word like it was a Greek name, test-a-clees)
I've eaten some of the other things on that list too.
Don't think I'd eat anything with maggots in it, but I might eat the maggots by themselves. I mean, why not?

Harte

TimeFlipper

Black Pudding made with the blood of pigs, better known in Europe as blood sausage, absolutely gorgeous and recently seen in the UK as the new Superfood (y) :D
Fried Lambs brains..I used to have them on toast back in the 1950s and early 1960s...Very tasty :eek: :D

Together with the Blood and Brains i have the beginnings of making a Frankenstein!!..Im going to forget time-travel and concentrate on making my own army of Frankensteins, to help save me at the apocalypse :LOL:

Attachments

• 315195672_d231f706f2_b.jpg
    315195672_d231f706f2_b.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 1
  • picRxHsZs.jpg
    picRxHsZs.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 1