Did Alas, Babylon predict our doom?

walt willis

I know that there are many people that believe that John Titor is a real person and has been inducted into the TT program.
I remain on the fence on this idea.
I do believe Andrew Basiago has been involved with time travel and he thinks that the Titor story is bogus.
I hope that John's story is true and that the reason for his disclosure is to help warn us to prepare for trouble.

As far as the secret song goes, I believe it is a private matter between just two people.
As a secret it can be used to make sure it is John when he may make contact once again.

Titor May be able to make changes to our future by returning to our past so we won't suffer the life that he has witnessed.
Still need to read that book...Thanks for the heads up!

walt willis

Now I am starting to worry!
Here is my take on what is in play:

We now have some extremely high weapons technology that is held back at the ready.

We have allowed our advisories to think they now have enough weapons superiority to knock us out with a first strike attack.

We know that our economy can not be saved without a world war to kill the useless eaters in the cities.

We plan to piss off China and or Russia enough to have them hit the cities.

We know that we will have the moral high ground to bring out the super secret weapons against them.
Game over: We Win!

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
We know that we will have the moral high ground to bring out the super secret weapons against them.
Game over: We Win!

It would become a reboot of our government. Starting over.

walt willis

Yes, but would we return to what our founders gave us or would it be changed?
I like the Declaration of Independence and the Bill of Rights!

HDRKID

Hi Paula:
I read that book in school, it did worry me. Always knew a nuclear war was coming. It created "in the future" a psychic shock wave. Most people can feel that some thing is wrong. Just a feeling in our air. Hard to pin down what it is.

Hi Walt:

The power elite are divided into two groups. The positives and the negatives - plus and minus. Sadly, the negatives are winning. They artificially kept the price of oil up. Sent american jobs over seas. Greedy pigs want to hog all of earth's resources. Here is what is worse. They slow down technology to maintain a status quo. Also, they did sabotage electric cars. Windmill permits are hard to get and the banks will not loan you the money to build one.

Had the positives won... OK so we would live in a world similar to a science fiction movie. Yeah, there would be people living on our moon. Teleporter booths would be in every street corner. Like we would have a cancer cure. Also, jobs would be many. Robots would work with us - not against us. Remember that high energy costs would go away. Cold fusion would keep them near zero. That means large deserts would turn green. Most areas be producing food for us. Global population would be ten billion now. Cities would gleam like gems. People would breath in pure air. Best of all, there would be almost no crime.

Well, that world seems like a fantasy now. There are no flying cars or men on mars.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Hi Paula:
I read that book in school, it did worry me. Always knew a nuclear war was coming. It created "in the future" a psychic shock wave. Most people can feel that some thing is wrong. Just a feeling in our air. Hard to pin down what it is.

I agree. Most of us feel something is wrong and something is going to happen, but we don't really know WHAT, so we speculate and guess.