Displaced Persons Bureau

DadOf5

Displaced Persons Bureau

Originally posted by Phoenix@Jul 12 2004, 05:00 PM
Question is, would you really want that eternal youth?

:p Well, on the surface, yes!

I'm at that point in my life that my doctor had the nerve to call me "middle-aged" :cry: Luckily for him, I was there to see him for a bum leg and couldn't catch him :lol: So, on the surface, its sounds like a wonderful idea!

But, to have to watch all those that I love age? Nah, let nature take her course. :) Oh, BTW, the leg is healed nicely, so if anyone gets any ideas about yanking my chain over this "middle-aged" stuff, look out! :p

Judge Bean

Displaced Persons Bureau

Originally posted by TheHeggy@Jul 13 2004, 05:23 AM
I wouldn't want to be IMMORTAL, but an extra..... 500 years would be okay.

It's funny, but you don't hear of too many ghosts more than, say, 150 years old. I suspect that if there are others among us from the past who aren't among the Immortals (such as Cain and the Wandering Jew), they are no more than a few hundred years old-- or, no older than, say, DadOf5. Able to still get around, bless their hearts.

StarLord

Displaced Persons Bureau

Paul,

You neglected to mention the reason we were so happy for Dadof5.
Now that his leg is all better he can still enter in that Octogenarian 500 that he's been a carring on about all these weeks. (Psst..you did remember to remind him right??? AHEM)

Not to worry Dadof5, Paul and I pitched in and made damn sure that at each and every pit stop was a pair of Speedo depends (new of course) Geritol and Pedialite cuz you know how that gator aid gives you the winds.... no sense in cheating to win. :lol:
Dont forget Dadof5: 23 skidoo!!! OH, You Kid!! Tippy Canoe & Tyler Too!!
I Like Ike!! Duck & Cover!! Don't Tread On Me!!
Now, you go out there and win one for the gipper!!! :D

DadOf5

Displaced Persons Bureau

Originally posted by Paul+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Paul)</div><div class='quotemain'>It's funny, but you don't hear of too many ghosts more than, say, 150 years old. I suspect that if there are others among us from the past who aren't among the Immortals (such as Cain and the Wandering Jew), they are no more than a few hundred years old-- or, no older than, say, DadOf5. Able to still get around, bless their hearts.[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-Starlord

You neglected to mention the reason we were so happy for Dadof5.
Now that his leg is all better he can still enter in that Octogenarian 500 that he's been a carring on about all these weeks. (Psst..you did remember to remind him right??? AHEM)

Not to worry Dadof5, Paul and I pitched in and made damn sure that at each and every pit stop was a pair of Speedo depends (new of course) Geritol and Pedialite cuz you know how that gator aid gives you the winds.... no sense in cheating to win.
Dont forget Dadof5: 23 skidoo!!! OH, You Kid!! Tippy Canoe & Tyler Too!!
I Like Ike!! Duck & Cover!! Don't Tread On Me!!
Now, you go out there and win one for the gipper!!!
[/quote]

:lol: OOOHHH, you guys are good! Must be all the experience :lol:

This must be my official initiation and welcome to the middle-aged club, and from two of the charter members, no less. I feel soooo special! :p

I do expect to see both of you in this Octogenarian 500 race, that is, if they allow canes and walkers. :p I'll see you at the beginning of the race, and if I want to see you after that, I'll look behind me. Far behind me. :lol:

Judge Bean

Displaced Persons Bureau

Wow-- you are a specimen, Dad. I only race once a day, to Starbucks at 8:15.

Are you sure it's only 5?

DadOf5

Displaced Persons Bureau

Originally posted by Paul J. Lyon@Jul 14 2004, 12:44 PM
Wow-- you are a specimen, Dad.? I only race once a day, to Starbucks at 8:15.

Are you sure it's only 5?

Well, Paul, I'm glad that you're enough of a gentleman not to tell everyone what I'm a specimen of :lol:

My wife tells me it had better only be 5, so it is. :p

StarLord

Displaced Persons Bureau

Dadof5,

I think he was alluding to the fact that as a specimen, you are rather well preserved. Which of course, I would have to agree with. "Yooou Loook Mahvalous!"

Don't let the wheelchair fool you, I can still haul booty when I need to, and I am fast also.

Now that the ossified grey matter is up to speed, didn't I see you name listed on the "whos who of AARP" ? :p