Do you believe that time travel is possible?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Do you believe that time travel is possible?

What makes you think that time travel is possible, and that it exists ?
Did you experience something related to time travel, did Titor changed the way you see time travel ?

On the other side, why do you refuse to believe in time travel ? What makes you think that time travel is impossible, and why ? What could make you believe in time travel ?

I think that time travel is possible, but I have no proof. The time travel concept can't be totally invented by humans uh ? If we can imagine more than 3 dimensions, then why can't time travel be possible, at least, only theoritically ? It's ok to say that Titor isn't totally real, it could be a clever hoax. Some achieved to debunk his theories, we discussed this in another thread. But could his story be true in the end ?

I like those theories involving worm holes, I think these could be the key to time travel, in a distant future, if we're ever able to control them in order to travel throught time.

Those who say "why don't we see any time travellers then?" are making a point against those who share my opinion. If you were going back in time, would you talk to everybody, and tell them you're a time traveller ? If it was me, I don't think I would tell everybody I see, or even try to convince people over the internet.

Finally, how does time works ? Do past, present and future exist all at the same time, or is time like a river, with the future to come, and the past behind ? I'm not sure yet about this one, I'll need to think about it before taking a side.

So, what's your opinion ?

Num7

Harte

Re: Do you believe that Time Travel is possible?

Numenorean7 said:
What makes you think that time travel is possible, and that it exists ?
Did you experience something related to time travel, did Titor changed the way you see time travel ?

No, I just happen to know that time travel, via time dilation, has already been observed in the world and in nuclear laboratories.

John Titor was a fraud and a hoax - and not very good at defrauding and hoaxing.

Harte

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Harte said:
No, I just happen to know that time travel, via time dilation, has already been observed in the world and in nuclear laboratories.
Harte
I've read somewhere that theoritically, astronauts going in space actually experience a slower "time flow".

Do you think that it's possible to go back in time, and then go back to the future ?

Num7

jurgen36

Numenorean7 said:
I've read somewhere that theoritically, astronauts going in space actually experience a slower "time flow".

Do you think that it's possible to go back in time, and then go back to the future ?

Num7

I do believe that it might be possible in the foreseeable future. But how it will be done I would not attempt to know.
Regards

Harte

Numenorean7 said:
That's true, except it has nothing to do with space and everything to do with velocity.

Astronauts in the shuttle experience so little time dilation that it's not worth talking about. But the lunar astronauts reached a high enough velocity, and maintained their velocity for long enough (several days) that they actually did shave a second or two off their ages, with respect to clocks here on Earth.

Numenorean7 said:

Num7
I think it might be possible, but not very likely (IMO.)

Harte

Chip Lewis

Re: Do you believe that time travel is possible?

With our limited comprehension of the universe... Anything is "possible".

Hell, it's possible that the entire universe is located inside the belly of a super massive animal, or inside the very brain of God himself...

We know nothing; so my bet is yes, Time Travel is possible. By whom should be the question...

Num7

Administrator
Staff

Perhaps the universe is just a little atom in another infinite universe, etc.

Chip Lewis

Webnower said:
This sorta brings up the "is our solar system just an atom?" question :p

I live on electron number 3 and the nucleus scorched the mid northern regions today.

jurgen36

Numenorean7 said:
Perhaps the universe is just a little atom in another infinite universe, etc.

Which is embedded in another infinite universe which is embedded...
And so on in all infinity.
Regards