Do You Dream In Black And White Or Color?

Do you dream in black and white or color?

• Black and white

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly black and white, sometimes color

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Mostly color, sometimes black and white

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Color

Votes: 14 73.7%

• Total voters

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Someone asked me this not so long ago. I was quite surprised and told him I thought everyone is dreaming in color. I can't remember any dream I had that was not in color. I always dream in color.

I came to check on the Internet if it some people are only dreaming in black and white. It seems most people tend to dream in colors all of the time. A lot of what I've read was about people have a black and white dream on some rare occasions, now and then.

What about you guys? Did you ever dream in black and white? Perhaps you do all the time. Are you vivid dreams in black and white or in color?

Make sure you cast your vote!

Rosco..Jones

Have you ever experienced lucid dreaming?
"Its my dream! If yuall don't straighten up & act right, I'm gonna wake up on yah."

ZeoEmeraude

Its been said that most people dream in black and white.....except in the case of nightmares or night terrors, which are almost always in color.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Its been said that most people dream in black and white.....except in the case of nightmares or night terrors, which are almost always in color.
I don't remember hearing such a thing before now. I've always been dreaming and color and always considered everyone was, full time. Weird.

What about animals? Do you believe they may dream in color or black and white too?

NerdyGilr3

Well, they must be dreaming in color, just like most of us, but as they don't see many colors (well, cats & dogs see only like ~2 colors each), it must be almost B&W.
But they're really dreaming! Wow, my dog is so intense sometimes! She barks in her sleep and her paws move a lot, as does her eyes!
I'm pretty sure she sees something to run at, and color or not, it's reaaaaally interesting! Haha!

StarLord

I have had dreams in color, black and white, a greenish tint and the dwellings looked like early video game frame renditions before everything was filled in and colored before production. Those dwellings looked "stick like" on the perifferal of vision and when looked at straight on, it was as if your attention put you exactly "there" and you could see into the place and experience what was going on inside. Much to my chagrin and embarrassment, the occupant/occupants knew the instant I was there and eaves dropping or invading their privacy and made it clear in no uncertain terms that what I had done was a no-no, greatly frowned upon, and "smart people" didn't do THAT. I left immediately. Being the new soul/visitor sux sometimes.

I've had flying - using no planes, don't need no stinkin wings, driving, running, walking dreams and for about a month, as if they were consecutive chapters, I had water world, where you started off on dry land, walked into the '"water" had your lungs fill up with "liquid" and went through the panic of "Holy Crap! I'm gonna drown but you don't as you breathe the liquid and the dream experiences in that way with the occasional point of attention watching yourself breathing in and out knowing 100% that A: you were dreaming, B: you were breathing in liquid and had not drowned. Now here's the funny part, this all happened many years before the SciFi movie where they guy had that Deep Sea suit where the super saturated oxygenated liquid needed to be breathed in order to keep the pressure at that depth from crushing you or rupturing your lungs if you were breathing a gas at thet depth.

Dreams are just as real as our waking state of consciousness.

And now for the fortune cookie. You might find it's mirror here if you look hard enough and or it was not deleted.

There's a story about a spiritual student getting exasperated and finally complaining to his teacher that something was wrong, and how come everybody he knew was having colors in their dreams and he wasn't. About two weeks later, the guy wakes up in his dream - he knows he's dreaming but he wakes up and knows and sees that he dreaming and knows his body is asleep and then his spiritual teacher appears and hands the guy a bucket of paint and a paint brush.

THAT is what is known as the Baseball Bat Technique...

Rosco..Jones

I have had dreams in color, black and white, a greenish tint and the dwellings looked like early video game frame renditions before everything was filled in and colored before production. Those dwellings looked "stick like" on the perifferal of vision and when looked at straight on, it was as if your attention put you exactly "there" and you could see into the place and experience what was going on inside. Much to my chagrin and embarrassment, the occupant/occupants knew the instant I was there and eaves dropping or invading their privacy and made it clear in no uncertain terms that what I had done was a no-no, greatly frowned upon, and "smart people" didn't do THAT. I left immediately. Being the new soul/visitor sux sometimes.

I've had flying - using no planes, don't need no stinkin wings, driving, running, walking dreams and for about a month, as if they were consecutive chapters, I had water world, where you started off on dry land, walked into the '"water" had your lungs fill up with "liquid" and went through the panic of "Holy Crap! I'm gonna drown but you don't as you breathe the liquid and the dream experiences in that way with the occasional point of attention watching yourself breathing in and out knowing 100% that A: you were dreaming, B: you were breathing in liquid and had not drowned. Now here's the funny part, this all happened many years before the SciFi movie where they guy had that Deep Sea suit where the super saturated oxygenated liquid needed to be breathed in order to keep the pressure at that depth from crushing you or rupturing your lungs if you were breathing a gas at thet depth.

Dreams are just as real as our waking state of consciousness.

And now for the fortune cookie. You might find it's mirror here if you look hard enough and or it was not deleted.

There's a story about a spiritual student getting exasperated and finally complaining to his teacher that something was wrong, and how come everybody he knew was having colors in their dreams and he wasn't. About two weeks later, the guy wakes up in his dream - he knows he's dreaming but he wakes up and knows and sees that he dreaming and knows his body is asleep and then his spiritual teacher appears and hands the guy a bucket of paint and a paint brush.

THAT is what is known as the Baseball Bat Technique...

Dreams are more real and I liked the paint bucket.
The trick to learning about the inner self is not learning to make things happen.
We need to learn how to stop preventing things from happening.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Sometimes I come to find out that I'm actually in a dream. Then the dream's story line shifts and becomes all weird. Most of the time the dream just becomes so messed up that I wake up a few minutes after I found out I was dreaming. I'm never able to easily take control of those dreams, I always mess them up.

That's probably become I try to instead of letting it happen.

The dream state topic is one of my favorites so far. I wouldn't know what it is like to have a dream in black and white. I guess it would be like looking at an old photo. My dreams the best i can describe are like movies. I can remember sights sounds smells colors where im at the surroundings etc. To be in touch with the conscious you have to be in touch with the subconscious i believe. Everyone has a different way to connect the dots. Each to his own as they say. Everyone's dreams and experiences are individual. But you may find that there are others with similar experiences and it helps to be able to have an understanding of things. Vamp1r3Goddess