• Yes

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Everyone has heard the advice to drink 8 glasses of water everyday. That would be about 2 liters.

From what I know it's recommended to drink between 2 and 3 liters of water a day, depending what kind of stuff you're doing, and if you're in a humid, or dry place.

I know I don't drink enough water, I've been doing it for years. I drink more than I used to, but I don't think it's enough yet.

Do you drink enough water?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I found a good rule of thumb to use is a quart of fluid intake for every 50lbs of body weight. I used to get kidney stones from eating Kale. But when I adjusted my fluid intake to this rule, the kidney stones stopped.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Sounds pretty good to me. Do you have any particular way of making sure you drink that amount of water every day?

How do you do it?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I add up my total. I know when I eat pasta or rice, that counts as 8oz. I have 3 cups of coffee everyday. That is 24oz. I usually have 3-16oz glasses of water. And 1-16oz glass of milk. So that total is 3 quarts of fluid.

I just make it a habit not to deviate from this amount. But 8oz either way has no side effects. It's just a daily ritual with me that seems to leave me symptom free of any adverse undesirable side effects.

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
I've been trying to drink nothing but water throughout the day, sometimes a glass of milk in the morning and only indulge in a soda with my dinner... I know a lot of people who buy drink mixes like Crystal Light to add flavor to their water and increase their water intake..

Drinking mass amounts of water too quickly can kill you! It's called water intoxication... Try taking a few sips at least every hour to stay hydrated. :)

bluejay_1919

My brother was hospitalized for water intoxication. He drank way too much water & depleted his system of electrolytes, sodium and alot more. It almost killed him. He eats very clean and bikes around Houston, & meditates everyday. He was just trying to do what he thought was right but it was too much water for his body.

I drink water pretty much all day, except for a shot of juice in the morning. Water first thing in the morning with breakfast makes me throw up. I have 1- 2 cups of coffee ( my sinful, delightful dessert ). The rest is water. On special occasions I might have a Dr. Pepper and sweet tea ( hey, I live in the South!) I also sip Yerba Mate with honey or Stevia.

Sometimes when I'm super tired of water I add a flavoring to it but it all natural & is sweetened with Stevia.

I have less migraines when I drink water and I don't feel bloated. But i drink when I need & want to. I don't force myself to drink loads of it all day, every day.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I didn't know too much water could be that bad for your body!

What are the symptoms? How did they find out it was water intoxication?

bluejay_1919

I didn't know too much water could be that bad for your body!

What are the symptoms? How did they find out it was water intoxication?
He passed out after throwing up alot and feeling very very weak. I've read the symptoms are very similar to heat exhaustion. He just depleted all of his sodium and they rushed him to the hospital and he was there for several days. It's was a few years ago but I remember he was down for a few weeks. He's a photographer & has to go out in the heat for shoots and after he was hospitalized, it was just too much. He was very weak for a while.